Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2008, 20:16

Default Baggage Allowance

Hi can anyone help me please? Im getting really confused over the amount of baggage allowance we are allowed and how it all works, were flying with thomas cook airlines and are allowed 20kg each, there are 4 of us so thats 80kg, we're allowed 5kg of hand luggage aswell, so do i take it then that we have a total of 100kg and as long as we dont go over that with all the cases and the hand luggage we'll be fine? Or will they weigh the suitcases and if theyre over 80kg charge us extra before weighing the hand luggage?? Im having trouble packing all the stuff that we need for the 4 of us and managing to keep to the 20kg each, hope i havent confused anyone?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2008, 20:30

Hi Nicki

Had the same this year, both husband and I packed and checked weight afterwards and thought we were okay. Got to the airport and seemed okay but the weight seemed higher when they booked us in - but we did not pay extra. So I think it just depends on scales etc.

Should be okay with number people you have, so don' believe you need to worry.

Have a good one

regards

Sand
Old 02-08-2008, 20:35

Thanks hun, ive just packed, we leave on tuesday and from what i can work out 20kg is 3.2stone, 2 of the cases weigh 3.7 and 2 weigh 3, then ive got the hand luggage allowance on top, might take sun creams out and put in the hand luggage cos they seem to be weighing alot the amount ive had to take for us all, all being different skin types etc, do you know if theyre pretty flexible with weight i mean with the cases being a few pounds over will they charge me?
Old 02-08-2008, 20:43

Just be careful re liquids - as there is still restrictions. What I do is try to make sure cream is in the case near to top so that we can access on arrival

Have a good one. Back in Mallorca in September but this time in Cala D'or with husband, son and girlfriend.

regards

Sand
Old 02-08-2008, 20:46

I think im going to have to take everything out the cases and start again, just work out what were going to need for each day, do a clothes plan lol bit difficult with kids though as they get dirty all the time! Lol oh i hate packing, why does it always look like there isnt alot then when you get it in the case its loads!! Have a great time in september, ive only got 3 more sleeps!!! Woohooooo!!
Old 02-08-2008, 20:52

Hey don't worry about it - if they have a wash machine I know you will not want to work but you can still wash a few bits (but don;t iron) it willl be fine

I am an old experienced one been there a few times and now just go with the flow. Hey if you need something to wear buy a cheap tshirt for the kids (you go to Palma and spend girl)

regards

Sand
Old 02-08-2008, 20:54

Hehe i might just have to! I intend on going to palma anyway, want to see if theres anywhere out there i can get ugg boots from, doubt there is though, probably not much call for them out there lol
Old 02-08-2008, 20:57

go for it girl - good luck and have a great time

sand
Old 02-08-2008, 20:58

Thank you, i will do im sure, if i ever get the cases out this house!! Lol
Old 02-08-2008, 21:12

We flew XL air and althought they did not weigh hand luggage they were very strict on the checked in baggage (in fact on our return the couple in fron of us were charged over 80 euros excess baggage).Some airlines will not takea combined weight of all cases either...my daughter and freinds came out with BMI and each case had to weigh 20k or less.

With regards to liquids in hand luggage it is a max of 1000ml and each container can be no bigger than 100ml and it has to fit into a clear plastic bag no bigger that a sandwich bag

oh the joys of packing
Old 03-08-2008, 00:10
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathB View Post
With regards to liquids in hand luggage it is a max of 1000ml and each container can be no bigger than 100ml and it has to fit into a clear plastic bag no bigger that a sandwich bag
Also you are only allowed one small plastic bag per person. Last time I flew the man in front had two bags & he had decide which of his toiletries he was going to dump! They are also now checking the size & weight of hand luggage as you go thru security as so many people are flying hand-luggage only.
Old 04-08-2008, 13:33

Yup...we had to pack every seperate case under 20kg...

I brought a big golf case which I paid for seperately and piled all the heavy stuff in there with the clubs to lighten the load on our cases..