Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-07-2008, 15:05

Smile Always happens to someone else?

I began dipping in and out of this forum last year.It's interesting to read everyones views on all the different topics.We all have individual opinions and* ideas it's good these can be shared and we don't have to agree with them all.I wanted to share an experience i had in Pollensa last year but have
been reluctant because although i don't feel the outcome was a negative one it's something we always think happens to someone else and i haven't read any post on this site where someone has been burgled.I won't bore you with all the details, were out having an evening meal,didn't even notice until the following morning anything was missing. No doors or windows had been forced could only have had a key. All they were after was cash which they helped themselves to out of the locked safe.Passports credit cards, cameras, jewellery untouched.Very distressing at the time. we decided it was not going to spoil our holiday. Mallorca Farmhouses were fantastic they arranged another villa* which within a couple of hours we were moved to. They handled things so well are holiday just carried on. The point i'm trying to make is that even when negative things happen we still love Pollensa!! This was last September. We have been twice since then and have just booked again in October. I thought perhaps i might feel nervous but not at all. Just take the minimum of cash and nothing of sentimental value. Roll on October!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 31-07-2008, 18:41

Hi Jepset

I couldnt agree with you more in fact my mum ( whos in PP at the minute) was just saying last week before she went - there has been a few things happen us lol

1 year we had a 26 hour delay at the airport before we out and lost a a day in PP
2 years ago my luggage went missing.
3 years ago we too were robbed only it happened my dad at a cash point they had been watching over his shoulder and got his card and his pin and got the max the bank would allow in a day £350.
Finally last year my sister contracted salmonella from a dodgy egg eaten in resort.

I have to say the staff at the hotels were staying in in any of their cases did they upmost to help and could not have been nicer. Long story short im heading out tomorrow and none of it has put me off PP in any way!!

Rachel
Old 31-07-2008, 20:52

Have a fantastic holiday and stay positive!!!!
Old 31-07-2008, 20:55

P.S.
Broke my arm the time before we got robbed!!!! Never rains but pours!!!!