Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-07-2008, 20:47

Default How much spending money??

Hi everyone, im getting a little worried here and i wondered if someone could put my mind at rest or worry me even more! Lol we are due to be in pp on tuesday, we are going self catering for 2 weeks, theres me hubby and 2 kids 12 and 10, im wondering if we have enough spending money baring in mind that we will be eating out every night, nothing fancy though as kids and hubby are really fussy eaters, if its not chicken or steak and chips forget it! Lol we were hoping that 3k is enough for our two week stay for eating out and shopping and pirates and such like, is this enough or am i kidding myself with the way the prices have supposedly shot up of late??
Sponsored Links
Old 30-07-2008, 21:55

3k ??? are you having champagne and truffles every night Nikki ?

It will be more than enough.I suggest making a weekly trip to the Eroski suprmarket on the outskirts of the port ( at the roundabout on the road to Pollensa ) to stock up on self catering provisions.Prices here are similar to the larger supermarkets in the UK.The SPAR supermarkets that are dotted around are convenient but very expensive.If simple fare is your food of choice then 80 to 100 quid a night is more than adequate for the 4 of you with enough spare for a couple of drinks afterwards.Many restaurants do a menu del dia which are excellent value ( 3 courses plus a drink ) from between 15 to 30 euros per head with plenty of choice.(See the posts on eating out for more info on the best places .) Hope you all have a great holiday.
Old 30-07-2008, 22:01

Lol not quite, we dont even drink! Lol we just wanted to make sure we had a really good time and didnt want the kids to go without anything as this will be the last holiday for a few years
Old 30-07-2008, 23:05

We were out in PP in June, my wife and I and our two sons and "better halves", and nine meals out for six adults (no budget meals or MDD and plenty of booze) came to around 1,500, which I don't think is out of the way.

Unless your "little ones" are eating from the top of them menu and drinking heavily before their time I would hope that you would be taking money home from your budget, which is generous I would have thought.

If you insist upon spending this much, just say the word and we'll be there to help you out!

Enjoy your holiday. You won't need to go mad to have a great time.

Forgive me being curious......why "the last holiday for a few years"?

Last edited by Disorderly; 30-07-2008 at 23:08.
Old 31-07-2008, 00:36

oh dont worry if i need a hand spending it ill give you all a shout, party at my apartment!! Lol

The last holiday for a few years because we wont be able to afford it to be honest, we have 3 kids in total the eldest is 17 although hes not coming with us and hes at college studying so with all his college fees and equipment needed and all the bills here that keep going up by the second it seems (another rise from british gas, thank you so much!!) the mortgage that would give anyone nightmares and everything else that needs paying we simply wont be able to afford another holiday for a while which is a shame, unless i win the lottery im afraid pp for me will be a few years away if i do win that lottery though pp will be the place that we will be moving to, weve been discussing it for ages and if we didnt have such a hefty mortgage would make the move now!! Oh well, i guess i can dream, theres still time to win big before i go to make sure that i dont come back! Hehe
Old 31-07-2008, 12:28

I'm sure you'll make the very most of your holiday and I hope you have a really great time. When your family is a little older you'll all be able to come out to PP away from school holidays, as we do now, and save an absolute fortune!

Enjoy!
Old 31-07-2008, 17:33

I wish that were true! my eldest is 25 and youngest 20 but we still have to go in school holidays as my wife is a school burser and she will not give up her 13 weeks a year holiday so the expensive holidays carry on. My daughter and her husband are joining us for 8 days this year so even their flights cost me a fortune.

Timberman
Old 31-07-2008, 18:54

Oh same here, i work in a school aswell and theres no way im giving up all my holidays! Lol