Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-07-2008, 01:44

Default Why we love PP!!

Ok, we've all read the recent spate of negative reports about our beloved PP, and i for one is getting a bit fed up with it.I know there are a few bad apples about, but lets face it, there are everywhere!! Sooooo, lets hear all your recent positive stories You know, good restaurants, great days out, or just any tale about how you enjoy yourself in PP! Whether its about just sipping your G&T on your balcony, or that special meal in the square. Surely this isnt going to be hard
And please, no negative ones.
Me? well i can remember the last time we were there, 3 years ago, just sitting in our villa, drinking Rioja at about midnight and listening to all the wildlife around us in Gommar. Ahhhh, absolute bliss.
Roll on August!.
Sponsored Links
Old 15-07-2008, 08:06

I love PP so much that i moved my family here and it is the best family decision we have ever made

It is a safe environment for our children to grow up in and for the first time in many years, i have no fear walking the streets at night.

The vast majority of local people, schools, shops etc are all so friendly and it is such a pleasure to see my children growing up as well balanced individual's .

Sea Captain on this site, is my 13 year old son and he has developed a complete new outdoor lifestyle.

I asked them last week if they wanted to return to the UK to live and they both said, "NO WAY" !

So please come here for your well earned holiday and relax, PP is still a wonderful place to be and in general, you will have a fab time .

Finally, even a little bit of Spanish goes a long way !

Last edited by pinewalkstroll; 15-07-2008 at 08:45.
Old 15-07-2008, 09:13

Great idea Jiggs, and great first post from you PWS, always enjoy your posts, its so good to have the inside story from someone who actually lives there, glad to hear that you and your family are obviously still in love with the place, tell sea captain to keep up the good work with the camera, maybe some shots of the new road and the square at night so we can see it for ourselves.
And thanks we hope we will enjoy our stay, y adios amigo, hasta mañana
Old 15-07-2008, 09:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws97sdg View Post
Great idea Jiggs, and great first post from you PWS, always enjoy your posts, its so good to have the inside story from someone who actually lives there, glad to hear that you and your family are obviously still in love with the place, tell sea captain to keep up the good work with the camera, maybe some shots of the new road and the square at night so we can see it for ourselves.
And thanks we hope we will enjoy our stay, y adios amigo, hasta mañana
Hi sws97sdg and thank you for your kind words.

I have informed the Sea Captain of your request and once he has finished his school homework ( 3 hours every day, Mon-Fri ) we will walk there to take some pictures of the new road and square.

PWS.
Old 15-07-2008, 10:56

Thanks PWS, but dont let me get in the way of his school work, 3 hrs per night OMG , I bet he’s looking forward to the summer hols
Old 15-07-2008, 11:21
Super Moderator

Thumbs up PP so good we are moving there.

Brilliant idea Jigggy, enough of the cynicism and lets promote the positives. I just adore Puerto Pollensa and it's people. We have been visiting for 26 years and have made many friends, Mallorquin, Spanish and Ex-pats. When we were there in May, we told them all of our plans to move over for the winter and maybe forever. They have given so much good advice and one ( Spanish) has offered us one of his apartments while we find something more permanent. We have been invited to a wedding in Seville in February and were told we will stay with the family, they would not hear of us going to a hotel. We can't wait until November when i retire and start putting our plans into action. Happy Days.
Old 15-07-2008, 11:33

Lucky Sparky!

We all love PP - that's the truth. We are just back and already planning the next trip. Every time we go we find something else we like and fall in love with the place all over again. It might be a new restaurant we hadn't tried or a new place to visit yet all the familiar things we love still make it seem like our spiritual home! When I close my eyes I can still see the view of the bay from our balcony or the little bar at the foot of the Calvario - heaven.

To all of you still to go - you lucky, lucky peops - enjoy! And have an ice-cream on me - for some reason I only managed one from the kiosk this trip. Mine's pistachio flavour please!

Lala
Old 15-07-2008, 19:48

Default why we love PP

We've just returned from our most recent visit to PP, whilst we were there I remember my husband saying to me 'I don't think we've been anywhere we like more than here have we' and I think he's right 'cos we always feel so happy as soon as we get off the plane. My husband has had a lot of surgery to his feet over the past two years and can't walk very well so wherever we stay in PP we rarely wander very far, or at least he doesn't - I've walked all over exploring but it's not always so much fun on your own and we actually like to spend time together on holiday. Anyway this year we went self catering and rented an apartment from a Spanish family who advertise on this site - the apartment turned out to be round the corner from Bar Coral which is an area we hadn't stayed in before. It was great being so close to the beach/sea and one of my favourite things this year was swimming from the beach in front of Bar Katy (as was) about 7 or 8 am before most people were about - bliss. We also had some lovely meals at Los Pescadores at lunch time as well as at night - we had a table virtually on the beach and it was great. Can't wait to return hopefully we'll manage a few days in October.
Old 15-07-2008, 22:15

Default Good topic, jiggy!

For me, it's the coast road from Alcudia as you drive into PP - breathtakingly beautiful! The resort is nestled under those wonderfully crinkly mountains and it just looks a lovely place to visit.

I love breakfast at Llenaire restaurant when the sun is shining on the water.

I like sitting at the Daina and enjoying a Campari and lemonade and just watching the world and his wife wander by.

I love parking the car by the marina and looking at all the different boats (and wishing I owned one!)

I love having the choice of Cala San Vicente and the old town of Pollensa nearby - so there's three great places to go and enjoy.

Jane
Old 15-07-2008, 22:46

Wink Why We Love PP

We've holidayed about 13 times in PP and just keep going back. The year before last we went to mainland Spain, but it just couldn't compare with PP.
We love sitting with an ice cold San Miguel, watching everyone strolling along Pine Walk. Lovely warm evenings, beautiful scenery and friendly people who actually like children. Our boys are now teenagers, but they love PP as well.

The best thing is that we've managed to book a short break next week so this time in 7 days time we'll probably be walking back to our apartment and looking forward to our first full day. If anyone is out at the same time we would be pleased to meet up for a drink as it's nice to meet fellow enthusiasts
Old 16-07-2008, 00:53

It's so good to read all these positive posts, having read some untypically negative ones recently.
To us, PP is home. It has been so for many years, 37 in fact. We have made so many good and lasting friendships with all sorts of people. It's absolute heaven to sit on our balcony watching the sun set behind the mountains. It's just as heavenly to meet friends old and new about the village or for coffee or drinks at the Bar Cultural, or see an old friend in the street or in the supermarket.
To eat at the small local bars is a pleasure. Colffee and liqueurs on the terrace at the Miramar after dinner is a delight.
We've only been back just oveer a week and are looking at flights for our next trip.

PeRu
Old 16-07-2008, 06:54

Sheer bliss is an afternoon stroll along Pine Walk punctuated with ice creams from Helados Garrido - a couple of balls of Merengada and Stracciatella for me, Rocher and Dulce de Leche for the rather sweet-toothed Mrs Spudbag.

Then find a shaded bench near the Daina pool to eat the ice creams, alternate spoonfuls heading towards the little chipper who has developped the taste at 13 months.

The cool sweetness, the people-watching (speculating at the biographical details of everyone who passes), and the chance to gaze across the heavenly bay - can't be bad can it?
Old 16-07-2008, 08:19

I'm always amazed at the peacefulness of the square in the middle of the afternoon, even in the height of summer. Walking to the end of the marina after a superb meal and looking back at the lights of the bay. Or an early morning stroll along the Pine Walk for coffee at the Illa D'Or. Roll on March when we'll be moving out permanently!
Old 16-07-2008, 10:24

son will be staying at the eolo from the 29th for a week. He can usually be found sitting on the terrace of the eolo with a coffee/brandy reading a book!!!!!
Old 16-07-2008, 10:45

My husband and I are flying out to PP (for this 1st time) this Saturday and I just want to say that reading this particular thread has been so enjoyable and is making me look forward to discovering PP even more....if that was possible!

Thank you!