Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2008, 12:00

Default Wind Of Change

Just returned from PP and as usual i have seen more small changes in the port.I noticed another amusement arcade has opened up near Burger King on the front which i think spoils the look a little bit.Also and more disappointing is the Irish theme pub just off the square across from the Australian theme pub (get the picture!!) has a late licence to three in the morning.My family stayed at the Eolo Hotel across the road from the pub and every morning when the pub emptied we were woken to the sounds of drunken people singing shouting and swearing.One night my young daughter was crying because she said she was frightened.This will not stop me coming back but it is quite sad that the powers that be grant approval for late night pubs.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2008, 14:49
Super Moderator

But don't you think the blame is really with the customers who are selfish and don't care about anyone but themselves. Again it is about RESPECT.
Old 11-07-2008, 15:58

Im sure not all the people were from oharas. i men there are quite a few bars where you can drink till quite late in and around the square. the port does need these kind of abrs to survive, because ifnot no young people would come to visit... sorry to hear about your experience, but maybe next time its best you stay somewhere further away? or maybe even the daina.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:21

Totally agree with you.In hindsight maybe i should have booked some where away from the square but it still does not excuse the fact that we should have an exclusion zone in certain areas of the Port to cater for late night drinkers who swear shout and sing after they have had their fill.Young people usually go to other resorts in Majorca for that kind of behaviour do they not?I also had the privelage of looking out for the various sized pizza toppings thrown up in the streets around the vicinity of the square the next morning for my daughter not to tread on.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyboaby View Post
Totally agree with you.In hindsight maybe i should have booked some where away from the square but it still does not excuse the fact that we should have an exclusion zone in certain areas of the Port to cater for late night drinkers who swear shout and sing after they have had their fill.Young people usually go to other resorts in Majorca for that kind of behaviour do they not?I also had the privelage of looking out for the various sized pizza toppings thrown up in the streets around the vicinity of the square the next morning for my daughter not to tread on.
Well... that, certainly is unecesary! people shouldnt be sick in public areas such as the square.

But I still think that what you are saying is abit unfair, the way I see it you are basicly saying that the younger generation of people are not welcome in the Port?
Old 12-07-2008, 09:42

Smile

This is a difficult issue . We lovers of PP do not want to it to turn into another Palma Nova etc but when people are on holiday they generally eat late and then mabye want to end the night in a bar for a couple of drinks.Nothing wrong in that and we surley do not want PP to turn into a old folks retirement home.

Please dont shout me down but I think all holiday resorts need a mixture of people and ages to generate a feeling of holiday atmsophere.I did this year go into one of the Irish bars to see the infamous Elvis ,he was having a tough time against the football but it was not that bad and certainly not some den of iniquity mostly couples in there 40's and 50's.Not my normal cup of tea but we are on holiday so no harm in looking in. Ended up in Bony's as usual.

I am just amazed that some people can manage to stay awake until three in the morning I am usually heading for bed around midnight what with all the walking and wine consumed at dinner! .
Cheers
Scotty
Old 12-07-2008, 09:57

Hi SleepyBoaby - we too heard some 3 am shouting and we were away from the Square - along at Voramar. One night all the sunbeds on the beach had been stacked up and thrown about the place. We couldn't say who it was or where they came from though. I only heard it 2 nights and it lasted around 5 mins - I think I only heard it because I was awake (should lay off the coffee) -hubby heard one night only.

PP still has it and we had a great time - if I was being honest I'd say that the Port is looking a wee bit in need of some TLC but it didn't dampen our fun. More dog poo than usual and building work in progress - but silent. The Square seemed awfully quiet (don't know why - maybe because the stalls etc were gone and there is a gaping hole where Tangos once was) so other than a couple of drinks at Bony's we didn't eat or drink there - we found plenty fun along the seafront.

No obvious sign of crime or debauchery but a few local teenage boys hanging about near the taxi rank were shouting and cat calling at my niece - who is only 12 - so my sister had to stop me going over and thumping them. The next night when friends joined us with their 13 year old daughter, there was a repeat performance until he said something to them in Spanish and threatened them with his ice cream! That shut them up!

Lala

Last edited by Lala70w; 12-07-2008 at 10:18.
Old 12-07-2008, 11:31

The men and boys there are very . Hmmm how should i put it Lala . Very pervy and shout things etc . I couldnt walk around there on my own without being stopped or beeped at etc . Its sad to think it happened to your daughters as young as that.
Old 12-07-2008, 11:48

LOL! Know exactly what you mean Yveee! Even in the restaurants the waiters were very keen to speak to our little senorita... I learned a useful word but was too polite to utter it.
Old 12-07-2008, 21:44

Lol . my father soon saw them off aswell . It use usful for alot of free drinks from the waiters etc . Thats one good use Lala OOh just for the record everyone who hasnt been . Its not just PP that is like this lol . everywhere is
Old 13-07-2008, 09:13

Yveee

Maybe not accepting the free drinks might have reduced the unwanted attention!

Sharon
Old 13-07-2008, 10:02
Super Moderator

Have to agree with you Sharon, it is asking for trouble to take freebies. After all there is no such thing as a free lunch, and that goes for anywhere in the world.
Old 14-07-2008, 09:48

A thought on the subject of change and the general behaviour of holidaymakers came to me whilst I was looking at holiday deals and availability on the web. Things are getting so tight for the hoteliers that they are begging the operators to fill their empty beds and they don't much care by whom, as long as they spend money when they get to the resort. When we were last in PP we spoke to friends who told us that an operator had put some people into the Pollensa Park as a "late deal" when the holidaymakers were obviously expecting a resort more like Magaluf or an "all inclusive" as much as you could drink deal. I hope it won't get worse but with all the doom and gloom on the financial horizon standards may have to be lowered by the tourist industry in PP to survive.
Old 14-07-2008, 11:54

Some very good replies here, as someone els said theres no such thing as a free lunch.

the whistling at 12-13 year olds is disgusting, those people should be shot... I ahd a similar incident at the weekend..

Last edited by ppmafioso88; 14-07-2008 at 16:09.
Old 14-07-2008, 13:35

Unhappy wind of change

I think a lot of people are sticking their head in the sand over this one. The port has changed and if no one bothers to speak up, it will only get worse. Between Tex Mex restuarants and Australian pubs open till 4 am making a racket, one of the owners of a well known pub told me his place was the top place for coke (and I dont mean cola) in the port, but the police are not interested, all they have to do is open their eyes and close down these pubs before we have another Magaluf. I have only been going to PP for the past 12 years but i see a big difference. Is there not a Mayor or somebody who will grab the bull by the horns regarding these people. GPM