Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Miscellaneous (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/)
-   -   Webcam - Friend or Foe? (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/3307-webcam-friend-foe.html)

suemo 15-06-2008 18:55

Webcam - Friend or Foe?

Prior to going to PP this year I was hooked on looking at the webcam. It cheered me up when I was at work and I could also keep an eye on the weather.

Went to PP from 31st May to 10th June and the weather wasn't that great. Now, on my return I seem to be addicted to watching the webcam and torturing myself over the fact that the weather has now picked up and I sit looking at it and saying to myself if only we had started our holiday a little later then we would have had better weather!!!

My friends keep telling me to stop looking as I am driving myself insane, but I can't help it, I seem to be hooked.

Please someone tell me that I am not alone in this daily form of torture!!

As I say webcam - friend or foe!!!:):(

Sparky 15-06-2008 19:57

Hi Suemo, trust me you are not alone, i was in PP the first 2 weeks in May worst weather ever at this time of year. Many of us are addicted to the web cam. WHEN it's working that is.:(:confused:

suemo 15-06-2008 20:01

Hi Sparky,
That's a relief. I always get the Pollensa webcam working but only every now and then the one in the Port. First thing on a morning the Port one seems to work for me - see told you I was addicted, I am even looking at it before I have had my morning coffee!!!!:)

frito 15-06-2008 20:11

Web Cam

I'm sorry, but you really must get a life!
Why not do the only sensible thing?
Move to Purto Pollensa, walk to the sea-front before coffee in the morning, and get it for real!

Cheers!

Frito

Sparky 15-06-2008 20:39

Getting a life

Hi Frito, I will later in the year when i have retired.:D:D:D

suemo 16-06-2008 09:41

Sorry Frito, I am obviously not as lucky as you. Your sharp response has knocked me out of my addiction now.

Lala70w 16-06-2008 09:58

Foe - I haven't been able to see the blasted thing for weeks! :mad:

Sparky 16-06-2008 10:43

Each to their own.

Hi Suemo, don't give up your harmless addiction :( i know i'm not going to. Lala know what yo mean about "FOE", yesterday only Pollensa working, today neither again Grrrrr!! :rolleyes::mad:

sws97sdg 16-06-2008 10:50

Hi sparky
It is annoying isn't it, yesterday as you say just the town, today nothing, it was good to see it yesterday, you could see the stalls set up for the market, and in the evening people all dressed up heading for the square. So suemo, keep watching you are not alone.
Hi Frito, don't be too hard on us, we are not as lucky as you are living over there, a lot of us would love the chance to and indeed many are planning the move as we speak. Dare I ask if you have retired over there or are you working.:)

sws97sdg 16-06-2008 11:22

Just a quick update, webcam working, beautiful day at the port, cloudless skies, and in the restaurant I recognise some people at one tables from before, they must have liked it there and came back. :p

Sparky 16-06-2008 12:19

Cheers SWS i will check it out, off to work soon so if i can have a quick fix it will help me get through another hard day in the factory.:eek:

frito 16-06-2008 14:21

Sorry!

Sorry if my response was felt to be "sharp". It was meant to be humerous!

Apologies.

Frito

Lala70w 16-06-2008 15:08

we knew that you were only joshing, Frito! :)

SWS - cut it out ok? I have been trying for 4 days solid and haven't even had a peep! :( **crying**

sws97sdg 16-06-2008 15:32

Hi frito, we knew you were joking, lala looking at the port now, the sky is blue, ths sun is shining and the sea is still, soo need a holiday:) I thought you were off today:mad:

LK1960 16-06-2008 15:50

Frito of course it was a joke, and very funny too. Don't start me with this damn webcam - I'm like you lala, can't see a thing. I called to a friend's house yesterday and she had a fab view of the old town. Her parents are over there so she was trying to spot them! I've NEVER EVER seen the old town. LK:mad:crying with lala:(