Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2008, 09:11

Default Favourite time of Day In PP

We all love PP or we would not keep returning but is your favourite time of day ? .

One of my favourite times of day is waking up early, usually 6.30 (creature of habit) getting on the trainers ,shorts and teeshirt and going out for my early morning run. I love the fact that the seafront is practically empty and everything is so fresh .Birds singing and just the occassional maid outside the hotels starting to sweep up and prepare the outside tables.Starting at the Sis Pins and running along the seafront to LLenaire and the break water is just heaven .

On the way back I sometimes go out to the harbour and sit at the wee lighthouse (is it a lighthouse ?) gives me a feeling of utter contentment.
Bliss

Whats your favourite time and why

Scotty Lady
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2008, 15:11

I like being down on the beach (the Pinewalk end) about 8.30am (in August) the sun is shining but the not the intense heat of later in the day, the beach is all nice and clean and the sea looks all fresh and new. A;so like early evening watching the constant parade of people up and down the Pine Walk in their finery and also seeing the locals out enjoying the beach.
Old 01-06-2008, 16:35

Hi Scotty Lady!

I like the evening time best. Whether it's in the square in Pollensa when the church bells start to ring or sitting in one of the promenade bars with a drink. I love the colour of the sky when the sun is going down...

Old 01-06-2008, 17:21

Jane, what an amazing picture, the colours are truly wonderful almost brought a tear to my eye...so want to be back there!!! It is one of my favourite times of the day too. Early morning, also has something magical about it...when I manage to get up really early I love a stroll (not as energetic as Scotty Lady - I wish!!) along the pinewalk when it is ever so quiet!!

Last edited by favie; 01-06-2008 at 17:24.
Old 01-06-2008, 17:33
Super Moderator

Yep! have to agree early evening is my fave time , watching the die-hard beach goers heading back to get ready for dinner and the early diners out to walk it off. Me sat outside the beach bar with a VAT absorbing the sights and smells, trying to decide what i fancy for my dinner. Bliss.
Old 01-06-2008, 18:08

Smile purpleboots

We were unable to come to PP last year due to me having a knee replacement, but every year we have been watching a young man with two dogs runnuing along the beach first thing every morning and the small dog trying to get the stick from the larger dog. I wonder are they still there? we are arriving on June the 14th so i can see for my self
Old 01-06-2008, 18:37

I love both watching the sun come up early in the morning over the mountains and then again watching it in the evening go down behind the mountains while I am sitting on the balcony with a nice cool glass in my hand. Bliss!
Old 01-06-2008, 18:49

To be honest , I can't say I have a favourite time of day, the magic of being there is much the same all day.

As Jane has posted a photo of sunset here is one of sunrise, taken just ten days ago, so you can all see both ends of the day!

Whoops!

Never posted a photo on here!

Back to the drawing board!

Last edited by Portofan; 01-06-2008 at 18:53. Reason: Photo didn't appear!
Old 01-06-2008, 19:44

Stretching it a bit, I know but our favourite time is the first day we're back in PP and arriving in Bonys, looking out over the square......then we know we're back where we want to be!
Old 01-06-2008, 19:50

Looking forward to seeing your pic. Porto - You are right every moment is magic!! You must have been there the same time as me - another wee Glaswegian - am I right in thinking?
Old 02-06-2008, 09:56

Hi guys!

Rather than give you one photo at dawn, here are a few covering dawn to early evening.
The sunlight on the yachts gives a rather strange reflection.

You pick your own favourite from these!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/55581043@N00/

Near, favie, not quite right!

Last edited by Portofan; 02-06-2008 at 10:10. Reason: To provide wider range of views
Old 02-06-2008, 12:33

Beautiful pics Porto, colours are amazing - thanks for sharing!!

(not too far out then!!)
Old 02-06-2008, 12:33

Wink

Hi

Thanks for posting the photos, and you as well Jane . Looks like we all have our own favourite time for various reasons.

But no matter any time in PP or P is the best time!

Regards

Scotty Lady
Old 02-06-2008, 13:37

Like the rest of you, early morning and evening are my favourites. This holiday (also about 10 days ago) it was sitting on our terrace at about 7.30 am (nursing a bit of a hangover I'm afraid) watching our two boys playing on the beach in front of me. Bliss...

I would have loved to have posted a photo, but I can't figure out how to. In the posting rules it says that I cannot add attachments. Can someone tell me (step by step as I'm a bit thick) please???
Old 02-06-2008, 15:03
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat View Post

I would have loved to have posted a photo, but I can't figure out how to. In the posting rules it says that I cannot add attachments. Can someone tell me (step by step as I'm a bit thick) please???
I am afraid we cannot allow you add attachmenents as we would need a lot more space on our server for them. So the best option is to add them to flickR & then follow the instructions in this thread:

http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...ead.php?t=2900

If you get stuck, please post your questions there (in the Photos Forum),

Webmaster