Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2008, 18:02

Default Star spotting

Seen Graham Le Saux outside Ensenat in Pollensa town last week and have heard reports Jordan has been spotted on Pine Walks. Also spotted Michael Winner sitting outside Bona Cepa a few weeks ago. Any other so-called stars been spotted ? (Is anyone else as sad as me)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2008, 19:19

Hi Marcel and welcome to this site.

I think it's a good idea. As yet i have not seen anyone famous and if i did i would leave them alone as they are also on holiday, but if i do catch sight of anybody then i will let you know.
Old 07-04-2008, 09:53

Graeme Le Saux is a regular visitor to Pollensa and you'll see from my nomenclature why I'm as sad as you are !! In our early years in PP we used to see John Pertwee frequently but sadly he's no longer with us. Once saw Matt Lorenzo sitting outside Hotel Bahia and of course Johnny Haynes was almost a resident of PP frequently seen sitting in the Coral Bar.

Chelseadons

Last edited by debz1; 07-04-2008 at 09:57.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:31

I have seen Lesaux and family in the Italian restaurant (Il Giardino?) in the square in Pollensa old town. Also saw the golfer Ronan Rafferty in Stay - only a golf nut would recognise him! Once saw the late Spike Milligan in a restaurant called Daus in Pollensa. That must have been in the 1980s and Daus ceased to be many years ago.

Slightly wider afield I have spent some time in Deya over the years and there's always a celeb or two over there!
Old 07-04-2008, 10:39

Daus was a fab restaurant the owner of which opened Restaurant Siller in PP which is also excellent. I also forgot my daughter worked in Can Costa and served Jim Rosenthal and Barry McGuigan !!

Chelseadons

PS Mallorca is such a great Island if you broadened this beyond PP we'd be here all day !!!!
Old 10-04-2008, 16:21

Saw Pauline Quirk in IKEA last year or was it maybe the year before!! Its funny but you feel they aught to know you but TV is only one way!!!

My FlickR Photos
Old 10-04-2008, 17:37

Hi All

I saw David Beckham last year in the Hotel formentor...
Old 10-04-2008, 18:09

I think you will find that Jordan was not here in Port de Pollensa however Peter Andre was - for a few nights - about two weeks ago.
Old 10-04-2008, 20:37
Founder

Here's my famous person story:

A few months ago I was at Colchester station catching a train into London. I got into a train that arrived from Ipswich direction & smiled at the lady next to me as I sat down. We sat & waited for a few minutes & then came the announcement that all trains to London had been cancelled (probably body on line, I'm afraid). The lady looked very flustered & said that she had to catch a plane.

We all got out & I rang my husband, as I'd been dropped off & couldn't get home. He suggested asking if the trains were running from Southend & then he could take me to Shenfield where the line joins up & get a train into London from there. I went & asked at the ticket office & they confirmed I could get a train from Shenfield. The lady was in there as well & she asked me if we could share a taxi there. I had a liitle think (!) & offered her a lift with us.

So we chatted in the car & on the train to London. She told me she was catching a plane to Mallorca from Gatwick. So I asked her where she was staying in Mallorca. She was staying in Deia but seemed to know nothing about it. It turned out she was going as a surprise to visit one sister whose 40th birthday it was & was travelling with another sister who owned a villa in Deia where the sister (birthday girl) was staying - with me so far?

So I told her a little about Deia & that it had literary connections etc. She said 'that's probably why my brother-in-law chose it - he likes that sort of thing'.

She then said that would be coming out again to stay at her sister's villa at half-term with her teenage daughters & she asked me if there was anything to do there. I thought hard & said "well they could do a bit of celebrity spotting. I've heard that you can bunp into Bob Geldorf' in the supermarket.

"That'll be good", she says, "my girls like meeting celebrities. Actually my brother-in-law is a bit of a celebrity himself",

"Oh Yes", I say, worrying that I may not have heard of him, "Who is he".

"His name is Andrew Llloyd-Webber."
Old 13-04-2008, 19:22

Smile Nearly dead famous person

Apparently a few years ago I nearly ran Micheal Schumaker over on the road to Formentor, he was having a jog, I was having a nervous breakdown as usual!
Old 16-04-2008, 20:29

My celeb sighting last year in PP was Rafael Nadal (tennis player) but my latest celeb sighting was here in LA last week - met Russell Brand AND got a pic with him
Old 16-04-2008, 22:05

Very jealous Linzzzzz mad: I love Russell
Old 18-04-2008, 13:24

We saw Craig Bellamy (ex Newcastle United footballer - not sure where he is now), sat outside Centric in the Square.

It was really funny because he postioned his chair so that he was in full view of everyone who walked by but not one person seemed to recognise him and he seemed a little upset by that.

suemo
Old 05-05-2008, 18:29

Default Where?

Anyone found any hotspots in Pollensa where stars hang out? going on holiday for 2 weeks in August been many times before and love it.