Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-01-2004, 02:13
nickandsue

Default Week in March to view properties for sale

After what seems like an eternity, we are finally coming to PP for a week between the 6th and 13th March to view available properties. Although we are not approaching the trip as a holiday, it would be nice to know that some restaurants and stuff would be open and what level of activity we could expect in the town?

We have already made contact with a few estate agents to arrange viewings. What is the best way to cram in as many viewings as possible in a short period of time ?

We are looking for a 2 bedroom apartment (preferably ground floor) in PP or surrounding area which we intend to move into permanently to live all year round.

My wife is a qualified child minder and is a part qualified beautician so we hope she can find some work once we arrive, and I can work over the internet and will turn my hand to absolutely anything but experience lies in direct sales and also computers. We have an 8 month old daughter so any info on local schools that we can check out while in town would be appreciated.

All the best
NickandSue
Sponsored Links
Old 30-01-2004, 02:29

Default Re; a week in March

Well done you two, I really hope it works out and you find the right place. I'm sure you've done your research on buying in Spain, a good solicitor will guide you through. I can recommend the one in the Port we have used if you want.
As far as Estate Agents, we dealt firstly fifteen years ago with Bellamar on the main road out of the Port, and our last move was through Louisa at Pedro Mesquida on the front. Both very professional and if you do with them what you have done with the others (ask them to organise some properties for you to look at) before you arrive, you should be fine.
Sorry, cant give you any info about schools as all my kids are either married or planning it, but I know from talking to many of the folk who have moved out there that the kids take to the Spanish schools like ducks to water.
Let us all know how it goes
Old 19-02-2004, 06:54
helpurent

Default moving to pp

the last 2 apartments I have bought have been purchased withinmy arranged 7day stay
i emailed several agents with my requirements and they emailed me all details I knew the port so picked all the ones I liked the look of and asked the agents to send me more photos i then made appointemnts befor earriving to see them I saw 6 each day for the first 2 days then arranged re visits on the 3rd decided on the 4th . the agents I think are good are Pedro mesquida, Sol ( ask for Wendy say melanie recommended you) bernard Hamilton and Kuhn and Partners( ask for Georgette)
I didnt bother with a solicitor and bought both apartments sucessfully with the agents they were very very good not like the rabble over here!!
good luck.....if you need any introductions to young people over ther with kids let me know...
Old 29-01-2011, 18:46

Try the taylor wimpy apartments at Polentia Mar few left and some good deals dont go to agents on this one,.
Old 29-01-2011, 20:00
Super Moderator

Celloman, i don't know if you realise that the post you are responding to goes back to 2004.
Old 30-01-2011, 00:18

Gosh and haven't things changed Sparky! Not so many agents around now and Pedro Mesquida one of many are no longer breathing!
It should of course be reminded that these agents charge a minimum of 5% commission which is added to the cost of the property either direct or indirect. Therefore this needs to be remembered by anyone purchasing and to perhaps look at other ways of purchasing for good value. i.e. word of mouth, local newspapers or just driving around and contacting block communities. As for not using a solicitor - in my opinion a def no go area! I would suggest ALWAYS getting good legal advice. It doesn't cost much but could save you much heartache and money at the end of the day. We have heard many a tale of people buying apartments thinking they can rent to holiday makers only to find that it is written into the contract that this isn't allowed. A good solicitor - not connected to any agent- will be able to give the correct info on this. So many people go on holiday and leave their brains behind - it is SO important to do research and be aware of what you are doing.
With this in mind, we have purchased an apartment and later a villa and all is great. Don't be put off but please don't be pressured either.
Old 30-01-2011, 10:01
Banned

Hi nickandsue

Great decision to buy in PP and at such a good time, I wish you well. As mentioned by Celloman, the Taylor Wimpey apartments are brand new and very well appointed with some excellent deals to be had. I know as we bought one in 2009 and you'd get an even better deal now. (I really hammered them down and they are fairish when haggling!).

You MUST use a solicitor though. Please do not even consider buying without one. Don't go buying a holiday home with a holiday head !!!!!! Think, would you buy a house in Britain without using a solicitor ?

Taylor Wimpey (Pollentia Mar) have about 6 apartment lefts. We have lifts in all 4 blocks, a swimming pool with solarium area and underground parking. 60 yards from the sea at the Pinewalk end and 200 yards from the main square......what more do you want?!

Good luck,

Nick
Old 30-01-2011, 11:09
Super Moderator

Nickpaulnoah whilst i agree totally that it is essential to use solicitors for such major things this question was asked back in 2004.
Old 30-01-2011, 11:47

It would be interesting to know what happened to Nickandsue and if they did fulfil their dream of purchasing their little bit of paradise back in 2004.
Old 30-01-2011, 12:42
Banned

Oops, just noticed............post was 2004 !!!!! Quite right there Sparky.
Old 30-01-2011, 12:45

Still an interesting discussion, whatever the year!
Old 30-01-2011, 12:49
Banned

Very true....
Old 30-01-2011, 13:16
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaleywanderer View Post
It would be interesting to know what happened to Nickandsue and if they did fulfil their dream of purchasing their little bit of paradise back in 2004.
Nickandsue do you still read the forum?, if you do please let us know how it all went.
Old 30-01-2011, 14:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Nickpaulnoah whilst i agree totally that it is essential to use solicitors for such major things this question was asked back in 2004.
Agree Sparky but as we know members and guests are seeking information all the time. Although I noticed the year, I felt it important to mention again the importance of using a solicitor. It is so easy to go on holiday and get caught up in things. Many agents have their own legal people but I think it is important to obtain independent advice. This will ensure that there are no hidden agendas.
Old 30-01-2011, 16:37
Super Moderator

Which is exactly why i asked if Nickandsue still visit the forum and could they give us an update as to how things worked out.