Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-02-2003, 21:40
joey36

Default Puerto Pollensa by-pass

Having just read that construction has commenced on the new by-pass could anybody tell me at what point it will join up with the PM220 Pollensa-Puerto Pollensa road and also roughly what the route will be from there.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 14-02-2003, 23:43
Founder

As I understand the new road will take traffic that normally goes along the Formentor road & through the town & will be sited at the back of the town i.e parallel to the existing Formentor Rd but nearer to the mountains (possibly the existing back road or perhaps behind it?). The intention is that traffic goes along this road & then turn right into the town ever so often. Traffic destined for Formentor will bypass it completely. Some of the new road is already in place & starts at the top of the Avenida Bochoris (leading to Boquer valley walk) and runs behind the Boquer Urbanisation, Belresguard etc.

If anyone has any more news, please post.
Old 14-02-2003, 23:54
Founder

Default Re: Puerto Pollensa by-pass - News Article

NEIGHBOURS HAVE BEEN DEMANDING ROAD FOR 30 YEARS

Port of Pollensa to have bypass at last

WORK has started on the Pollensa bypass which will link the Pollensa-Port de Pollensa road (PM 220) with the road linking the Port and Formentor. Residents have been demanding this road for more than 30 years. A committee was set up to back their claims a few years ago and has been instrumental in persuading the Council to embark on the project. Maria Antonia Munar, president of the Council of Majorca, visited the site, accompanied by her director of public works, Antoni Pascual Ribot, and the director of roads, Gonzalo Aguiar. They explained that work would take at least 11 months. Munar and her entourage were welcomed by Mayor Francisca Ramon, several town councillors and a large number of bystanders who showed interest in the work. The project will cost more than 4.6 million euros and will solve traffic problems caused by a huge number of vehicles driving through the port, especially during the summer months. Aguiar explained that four roundabouts will be built along the 3.5 kilometre road, to help distribute traffic and prevent problems. The new road will also have a line of parking spaces and drainage for rainwater which will carry excess water to water courses in the area and prevent puddles building up on the road. Aguiar added that the road would also be well lit and clearly sign posted.
Both Pascual and Munar praised the Port of Pollensa committee which had helped speed up the start of work. Munar said that this road will “provide a solution to the historical problems of the port, caused by the heavy traffic of hired cars and coaches going to Formentor.” She added that it had not been a priority but the Port of Pollensa committee had persuaded the Council to press ahead with its project by presenting a strong case and listing the problems. In August 2001, some 300 persons staged a demonstration in the port of Pollensa, calling for the construction of this bypass and those present yesterday expressed their satisfaction at the start of work.
Old 16-02-2003, 20:37
joey36

Default bypass

thankyou for your reply, the only other thing i want to know is where exactly will the new bypass join the PM220?

Thanks
Old 18-02-2003, 02:50

Default The Ring Road

Just returned tonight and the work has begun. The old ruined finca that stood in a field on the left hand side of the road just as you come to the Port before Caprabo Supermarket has now been demolished. It is at this point it comes off the main road and begins to cut across the back of the Formentor Road
Old 18-02-2003, 21:19
joey36

Default by-pass

thank you mallorcaboy
Old 21-02-2003, 01:58

Default Re: by-pass

Devastated to hear that they have knocked down "My" finca next to Caprabo Supermarket for the bypass, during our many trips up and down the road from the apartments to the town we dreamed of buying the old finca with the lovely palms outside, still the bypass will be useful, but isn't it going the other way as well to Alcudia?
Old 21-02-2003, 03:44

Default By Pass

We did see some clearing work being done next to Balaixa Restaurant so it may well be cutting across from there from Alcudia.
Any one know anything?
Old 21-02-2003, 04:25

Default bypass

The second phase of the ring road (for traffic entering on Alcudia road to bypass town centre) will join Llenaire to the roundabout being built by Caprabo supermarket, going through the Pinaret area including the bit where the municipal pool is/was and the boatyard on the main road just before Caprabo. The first phase just started on(Caprabo to football ground on Formentor road) is expected to take between 7 and 11 months, so the second phase won't start just yet. Building work near Balaixa is to extend the sewage works there and construct an industrial park that will stretch to the Can Berenguer roundabout
Old 21-02-2003, 07:27

Default By-pass

I live in Llanaire and this is the first I have heard of the road being built here.
Does anyone know if there are any plans on line we can look at that will show the proposed road?
Old 02-03-2003, 20:18
EdLad

Default Alcudia link of PP bypass

I would be very grateful for any information on exactly where through Pinaret the Alcudia link will pass. I have an appartment in the Pinaret area and I am obviously concerned as to the route.

Many thanks
Old 19-03-2003, 20:57

Default Ring road

Anyone got any news on the latest stage of the road?
I was there in Feb and they had started at Caprabo. Anything new since then?
Also would like to know where in Llenaire the road will start
Old 07-05-2003, 05:18
EdLad

Default Bypass

Does anyone have information as to where the second stage will pass from llenaire through pinaret. I cant imagine with all the property in that area what the rout will be? Are there plans/maps of the route
Old 10-05-2003, 14:14
terri stevens

Default Re: Bypass

Oooh this sounds a bit worrying - building bypasses!!
We're off to PP later today (Yippeeee) and wil post re the latest instalment in this story.
Really looking forward to going - flying at 18.55 from Stansted.
Report back next week,
Terri
Old 10-06-2003, 16:47
Broadreach

Default crossing the road

Is there heavy traffic on the road from PP to Alcudia? Someone told me it can be difficult crossing from hotels to the beach at the southern end of the town, especially in high season.