Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2005, 05:49

Default More posts missing..

I've just had a look in the Eating and Drinking out section and I've noticed that all the posts I've written since returning from PP two weeks ago have disappeared.

I feel like crying my eyes out... and this time I'm not joking.

So many posts by so many people - all gone.

I know I'm a prolific poster (600+ now) but of the 600 all that's left is about 10.

I'm very sad,
Jane:\
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2005, 06:25

It's certainly very annoying I was going to make notes of the popular restaurants, bars etc everyone has written about before my visit in August but as you say they have virtually all gone. Come on Jane only 590 posts and we can all have the full info again.

Timberman
Old 05-06-2005, 16:12

Hello Timberman

If the posts aren't restored and when it's OK, I will post messages again about the restaurants we visited and all the posts about wine. It will be no problem to do this but it's the "heart" of the forum that has gone that upsets me the most.

All the little jokes between members, especially Smiddy and Mallorcaboy (although I know the early posts are still there) and I think all of the really wacky posts from Portofan have gone. Plus the brilliant long threads such as "What Happened to the Hamburger Man", "Own up time" and "Listenin to" have all gone.

Recreating factual info is fine, it's restoring the "personality" that will be more difficult.

Regards
Jane:\
Old 05-06-2005, 17:49

Hi Jane

I agree this forum has been a wealth of information for those that have either not been to PP before or like myself have only been a couple of times.

I too have enjoyed the banter from the prolific writers such as yourself,Mallorcaboy,Smiddy and Portofan to name just a few, it has made good reading in the few months I have been a member of the forum and I still occasionally look back over the old posts for a laugh.

Also not forgetting the continuous valuable information passed on by the regulars to PP including Pollensa and Pollensaman.

New visitors to the forum will not benefit from all the information that has been lost, other than the standard links, which is not the same as "directly from the horses mouth".

Timberman
Old 05-06-2005, 20:17

Greetings from across The Pond. We live on Long Island (about 30 miles from New York City) and will be in PP in late September. We truly enjoy this forum and are extremely dismayed about the website vandalism and disappearing posts. Yet from reading all of your many wonderful posts, I know that the substance and richness of the forum will be restored.
Old 06-06-2005, 01:43

Hello Timberman and HikerBiker

I've had real trouble today accessing the forum - each time I try to get on it says "Website not responding". Very frustrating!!

Thanks for replying. I had a look at the EZBoard announcement and read all the posts from other EZBoard operators and it was heartbreaking. So many people losing messages and posts. Some with whole forums wiped out.

If we all join together, we can get the forum back on its feet again. No more negative thinking!!

Regards
Jane
Old 06-06-2005, 02:03

Hello Jane and Timberman!

I just tried a post to you guys 5 mins ago and lost it!!!

Had a little therapy in the open air this afternoon Jane.

Last night we had a Cote du Rhone and then I went on the Bailie Nicol Jarvie. Now it is primarily malt based.
I thought I was giving the Bailie a "Doing" but this morning I found that the Bailie (Scottish for Magistrate) had sorted me.
"You will have a sore head on Sunday Portofan learn not to mix me up with some of that French stuff".
And so it came to pass.

Anyway this pm we went to a country house with beautiful gardens which were open to the public had a lovely afternoon tea with choice of goodies for £2 and got some nice plants too.

However the downside is we now have decided to change our house name from Portofan Manor to Porto's Hut after seeing what some people live in--like you Jane --in the country!

Only kidding!!

More to cooom!

Porto

PS Timberman where is it you are staying this August?
Old 06-06-2005, 02:05

Hello Portofan!!

So glad to see you back! Missed you a lot and now I can't even read your old posts to cheer me up!!

I'll look forward to your messages!

Regards
Jane
Old 06-06-2005, 04:10

Hi Portofan,

We had a very nice botlle of Sancerre last night and I followed that with rather a copious amount of a nice spanish brandy (ouch). We are staying at the Pomelos apartments 12th - 26 August which are in the Gotmar area behind the Pollenca park hotel, I seem to remember someone saying on this forum, it may have been from you, its near the Sparrow restaurant. Have you heard of these apartments?.

Timberman
Old 06-06-2005, 16:31

Hi Timberman!

An easy one to start the day.

From my map of PP Los Pomelos is immediately behind the Sparrow .The back of the apartments ,depending on siting looks into the outside dining area of the Sparrow while the front faces toward the mountains.
When we've been in the Sparrow we've walked along there and admired Los P and thought we'd try them if the chance came up.
You are also so near Ikebana well worth a try. Does not look that great from the outside but the couple are very welcoming. The Menu del Dia is worth a go. A lot of expats use it for their main meal of the day.You are only around the corner from the street that runs down from the Pollensa Park but yet far from the "madding crowd".

But with only two visits under your belt you are an apprentice so get out there and get your experiences clocked up!

Best regards

Portofan
Old 07-06-2005, 00:56

Hi Portofan

Thanks for the info. We will definitely be trying both restaurants and with a bit of luck a good bar nearby to fall into or out of, on the way back from the Port.

We are really looking forward to advancing our apprenticeship.

Regards

Timberman
Old 14-06-2005, 06:02

Default Lost Posts

I was in PP when the forum was hacked and it has only just really hit me that we may never get our old posts back.

Up until recently I kept loads of history and many temp files, but after clever daughter stumbled over something which was supposed to be a treat for her, I set my PC to wipe things almost immediately ....... oh how I could kick myself.

What I mourn for most is the lasting memories thread ...... I Post a long one ( no backup on copy left on PC ) about memories from the last 11 years and I remember Majorcaboy responding saying how much he was looking forward to recapturing all the kiddie things with his new grandson ...... I know it may sound a little "sad" but I used to sit and re read my post because it gave me such a warm feeling ......... if anyone has copies of this thread please repost ........ sometime in the next few weeks I will have another stab at rewriting it although it will inevitably be different because anything written from the heart is always unique and irreplacable.
Old 14-06-2005, 06:31
Founder

Default Re: Lost Posts

Don't give up hope. Read the announcement above. They're still doing the restores so we just have to sit tight & hope for the best.

webmaster