Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-06-2005, 22:09
RingSpin

Default First Post...

...so I thought I'd tell you about my first visit to Pollensa

We were on a last minute holiday to Aldudia back in 1996 - first time to Majorca !
On one of the wet, rainy days we took a bus up to Pollensa and had a very quick look round.
I think we took in the shops on the front, had coffee on the Pine Walk and caught the next bus back, it obviously made a great impression coz we've been back many times since. Almost every year now I come to think.

We've stayed in various villas dotted about the countryside and one year in an apartment at el Pinaret.
However, this year we've taken the plunge and gone for an apartment on the Pine Walk:rollin
I'm a bit gutted that there'll be no pool but I reckon the fantastic view and close proximity to 'el kiosko' for the ice cream will more than make up for it.

An added bonus that only occured to me after booking was that I'll be able to walk home after the evening meal - a few more of those amaretto coffee's without the worry of having to drive home down all those dark lanes methinks !

So I've been checking out all the local gossip on here and taking in the view on the 'riusech' webcam - I'm on countdown...
only 10 weeks to go :lol
Sponsored Links
Old 23-06-2005, 06:35

Default First Post

Oh dear! This is very sad! Many contributers to the forum will have noticed the early symptoms of "P.P. Mania".

So sorry. There is no cure. It will only get worse!
Living in villas and apartments on a temporary basis? It can only lead to permanent residency.

Cheers!
Frito.
Old 23-06-2005, 07:29

Hello Ringspin!

Yes like us all you've got it bad!:rollin

When are you out? There's a Get-together at Pascalino's on Monday 22 August at 5pm.

If you're out then you can put faces to names.

Jane
Old 23-06-2005, 18:28
smiddy

Hi Ringspin, Similar story to your own, 1989 Can Picafort, took the bus ride up to PP for the day, and was impressed with the beauty and tranquility. Still have the photo of us standing on the front that day, little did we know it was about to become very familar. We eventualy bought a apartment beside the Flora Apts round the corner from the start of the Pine Walk. As i sit on the front late in the evening i always wonder were everybody is going! I'm forgeting some people have quite a distance to go to their apts/Hotel. Two major advantages with the area, one being the close proximety, the other being if your on the beach and have forgoten anything you just simpy pop up to the Apt.
Old 23-06-2005, 21:43
PennyWhite

Well, we too have booked an apartment on the Pine Walk, bit novel not having a pool but it looks as if there is enough water just outside the balcony... have never been to PP, never been to Majorca so will report back on how things worked out for us. Have printed off a whole booksworth of recommendations etc from the truly excellent forum to point us in the right direction(s).
.. 8 sleeps to go!
Old 24-06-2005, 00:01
smiddy

Penny, Don't know what time of day you're arriving, but, if it's daylight and you walk onto the balcony, be prepared for a sharp intake of breath!
Old 24-06-2005, 00:45
robjay

Default Sharp intake of breath

Smiddy you are so right.
I remember the day Caroline And I Arrived in PP. It was via back streets and the bus pulled up at the back door to the Sis Pins, Our room was at the back over looking the Formentor road. After dumping our cases and a quick change we headed for the bar and found ourselves a table outside.
We were on the Pine Walk!. It took our breaths away!, We sat there speach less ( yse i was speach less for the first time :lol ). We looked at each other, And both said "We've found it". We were in love with PP, Indeed love at first sight.
Nothing since has put us off. Like others on here we want more and one day hope Pp will be our permanent home.

Take care.

Rob & Caroline
Old 24-06-2005, 01:20
smiddy

Default Re: Sharp intake of breath

Robjay, Our apartment was just about 50 yds up the road from your hotel view! One of the neighbours showed me a photograh when they were originally built (about 25 years ago). It was something out of a Clint Eastwood Spaghetti Western, sitting there on its own. He told me you could sit on the balcony and watch the shepards take their flocks of sheep up the mountain. A little to your right along the Formentor Road there's some very deceiving houses, Tony at El Posito was showing me the place were his mum and dad lived when they first arrived in PP all those years ago. There must have been about 25 individual rooms. They rented one of them.
Old 24-06-2005, 01:34

Default first post

Hi guys and especially to Penny White!

Two Scottish guys plugging PP and now three in a row!

It is all true as you will find out.

Our first time was booking on a Wed and arriving 10pm Saty night at Bellamar Apartments. It was dark of course, and the lights round the bay stunning.

In with the cases and out along the Prom. In to first place for a refreshment or two as we euphemistically call it. L'Ancla, the bar/restaurant and the brandies were just sipped as we took it all in.

"I think I'm going to like it here"said Sherryfan.

Best regards

Portofan
Old 24-06-2005, 03:02
Snowy

Default Re: first post

My first was a day trip from Cala Millor it rained hard said would not like to be stuck here. However three years later we returned and boy did we enjoy went many years after that alas only get back a odd time now for a week at a time next trip sept 05 I hope when I retire in 18 months to be a regular visitor.

I love PP so does Pam when I let her out for a while and she finished the house work and decorating.
:hat
Old 24-06-2005, 03:32
PennyWhite

this place will take a lot of living up to! Will let you know!!
Old 24-06-2005, 04:41

Ringspin and Penny

You will not be disappointed..no pool but the Med on your doorstep!! We stayed on Pine Walk 5 years in a row before buying our apartment last year. Often after returning from a lovely meal Chelseadons and I would take a night cap down to the beach and lie on a couple of sunbeds and listen to the sea lapping on the shore...Bliss. We have even been known to fall asleep and sneak into the apartment about 4 am before our kids get home

Also an early morning swim before anyone else has been in.. the sea is like a mill pond.

It will be love at first sight...enjoy!

Debs
Old 24-06-2005, 06:23
robjay

Debz,
It is love at first sight.
Rob & caroline
Old 24-06-2005, 06:52
RingSpin

"P.P Mania"???
Yep, I reckon you could be right Frito.
We've been to a few other places in between but always end up comparing them to PP - usually less favourably !
Symptoms include keep checking back here, studying the webcam and reading the online Daily Bulletin everyday.

Jane, afraid I'll miss the 'group hug' in Pascallino's - I've got to wait a bit longer than that. :|

Well I've already been in our Pine Walk apartment so I know what I'm getting and how fantastic the view is, I went in for a look round one time on changeover day - I've had my eye on them for a while you see ?
Penny, don't worry, there is no way you will be disappointed.
:rollin
Look forward to reading a glowing report on your return
Old 24-06-2005, 23:07
PennyWhite

I have no plans to be disappointed! And I am one of these people who likes an early morning swim before anyone else is up, the beach is where I would prefer to be (those danged jellyfish have gone I hope), guess who found and booked the holiday? The rest just have to go with the flow...:lol