Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-07-2005, 00:43
derryman

Default walking

Are there any hilly areas, or steps in Puerto Pollensa ?
I am not to good at walking:hat :lol
j.j.
Sponsored Links
Old 26-07-2005, 00:44

Hi derryman!

Welcome to the PP forum!!

Rest assured there are no hilly areas in the resort and the only steps I have seen are the Calvari steps in the old town of Pollensa (365 I think!!!).

There is a wonderful flat promenade with views over the bay and of course the famous Pinewalk which is great for strolling along and doing a spot of people watching.

Hope this helps!
Jane
Old 26-07-2005, 00:46
PennyWhite

James made it 410!
PP seemed very flat if a bit bumpy in places on the Pine Walk where the er Pine trees have been taken down...
Old 26-07-2005, 01:17

The reason there are more than 365 steps is that the bit at the bottom ... the square where the bars and restaurants are and the first flight of steps leading from the square were added about 3 or 4 years ago, before that there really were 365 steps, 1 for each day of the year

Loved it the way it was but also think the "new" square and the way things have been opened up in that area really add a new dimension
Old 26-07-2005, 02:14

I couldn't understand why all the comments in our visitors book in the apartment were saying that there were more than 365 steps! Now I know , thanks cd

Penny the pines were 'taken' down by a terrific storm a few years back. A tornado swept along the front from The Sis Pins (6 Pines) to just beyond Pescdores on Pine walk taking down all the pines in its path. It's ironic that there are only one or two pines left standing now outside the Sis Pins Although many trees have been planted in their place along Pine Walk they will they will never reach, in our lifetimes, the stature of the ones that were destroyed which is very sad.

What we also miss is the wonderful terrace on the beach at Bahia which was destroyed when the trees uprooted. We stayed at 35 Voramer for 4 years running which was very close and spent many long ,lazy (boozy ) lunches there. Does anyone know why it was never re-built, as Bahia must have lost a lot of business ?

Debs
Old 26-07-2005, 02:21

Debz,

Really glad you posted this because I too miss the terrace at Bahia, in fact I have had trouble convincing the rest of my family that it ever existed .......

the other thing I really miss i the big almost horizontal pine tree that used to be outside Little Italy when it was the wondrful Coach House ( something else I miss )
Old 26-07-2005, 03:28
PennyWhite

We did notice some very old trees some propped up by various things, it must have looked very good, but we wouldn't have had such a good view from our second floor if the tree that obviously had been there was still there.
We did notice some new ones had been planted, and sadly just before we left one that had been vandalised.
The pine walk and the pedestrian bit is a very good feature.
Old 26-07-2005, 05:10
derryman

Do you have to walk to the old town, or can you get a taxi
Old 26-07-2005, 05:11
derryman

Oh, and thanks for all the info:rollin :hat
Old 26-07-2005, 06:27

If you are very fit it would be possible to walk to Pollensa but if in your glad rags and going for meal in the evening you would be a bit hot and bothererd by the time you got there!
Much better to get a taxi from the roundabout in PP so you can have a couple of drinks

It is a nice cycle ride in the day tho if you want to burn a few calories ...about 2? miles probably

Debs
Old 26-07-2005, 06:27

Hi derryman!

It's best to drive or get a taxi to the old town of Pollensa. It is possible to walk and there is a lovely route through the countryside - I wouldn't recommend walking on the main road into Pollensa as the road can get very busy.

When are you planning to go?

Jane
Old 26-07-2005, 07:33
derryman

Hi, JH.
I am thinking of going 13th sept for 2 weeks. But all the talking of walking scares me....lol.
I have a bad leg and walking can be a problem at times
j.j.:lol
Old 26-07-2005, 14:57
Snowy

Derryman

You could not have picked a better place than PP if you have a bad leg. You can get all your needs in PP without leaveing the resort. Mind you it would be a shame not to venture out and see some of the superb countryside by bus or taxi or a coach trip.

I will be arriving on 24.09.05 so may bump into you, have a super time.
Old 08-08-2005, 20:51
Jimsboy

Re the resort,it is as others have said, flat. Along the promenade or Pine Walk seating is plentiful. I can assure you you'll be happy with the situation when you get there.

Re the town of Pollensa, the bus gets you there at a cost of 1E per person.

Have a pleasant visit.