Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Miscellaneous (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/)
-   -   The rich and famous at Palma airport (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/2246-rich-famous-palma-airport.html)

robjay 24-06-2005 06:34

Re: Rich & famous at PMI

Funny you should say that Smiddy but................ I was talking to someone about PP and the said do you know Smiddy:eek ?. I just had to pretend I did:eek . She said "He's my hero" and thenasked if I could get you autograph.
Please help me out Smiddy.

Rob

pops 24-06-2005 07:58

Smiddy, when you've got 3 kids, (2 teenagers)anyone from Big brother/celebritylove island /changing rooms etc ,sadly are about the most famous they know.you'll love this one-when we were at Stansted on the way to Palma a couple of years ago we met Anthony Costa from Blue (heard of him?).
I'm off to PP in a few hours see if can spot any 'real' rich and famous and report back to you!

smiddy 24-06-2005 16:52

Likewise Pops, My daughter needs two televisions to watch them all. I remember a couple of years back, the final was shown over in the Rovers Return, you couldn't get near the place, they were out in the street it was so busy. Some people were actualy crying ! "It's so emotional, says one"

robjay 25-06-2005 17:49

Trying hard not to imagine Smiddy standing outside the Rovers Return, Quing to get in and sobbing into his beer. Tell me it's not true Smiddy.
:rollin
Rob

debz1 24-07-2005 03:16

On the easyjet flight last night back to Luton was Tony Hadley from Spandau Ballet. He looked the same as ever, good looking in a bit a 'slicked back' way! >D

Have any more famous faces been spotted recently by anyone?

Debs

robjay 24-07-2005 03:23

Debz,
That wasn't Tony hadley it was mee!. I was too shy to ask if it were you :( . chat sson

Rob

debz1 24-07-2005 03:43

You didn't look as good in the flesh as you do in your picture!!!:D

Debs

robjay 24-07-2005 04:43

I wear a lot of makeup for photo shoots debz.
Rob

Tangofan 02-09-2005 04:44

We saw three (moderately) famous people in one day last month. We saw Paul Ross (Jonathan's brother) in one of the "postcard and souvenir" shops near the roundabout with his daughters and later on during the evening we were in Tots and Jake and Simon from the BBC Saturday Show strolled past. Apparently they were recording a programme on the beach and it was broadcast on Saturday morning but there was no picture on our tv but we could hear it. We took a stroll along the beach (Burger King end) and saw a big stand being dismantled so I don't know if this was anything to do with it. Does anybody know?
Also one of our son's friends saw Peter Stringfellow that week at the marina looking for "eats" (his words). He was with his (very young) girlfriend wearing Prada trainers and a tiger skin shirt - thank goodness he didn't have that thong on.

Lady Pollenca 02-09-2005 05:48

John Prescott and his wife were in Palma airport in July when we were homeward bound. Afew years ago 'fun in the sun' did a week in PP, it was held on the beach near the Voramar supermarket and various people got their makeup etc done in our hotel, Mr Motivator, Annabel Croft, Ricki Martin, Ross Kelly, Martin Frizzell ( Fiona's husband off GMTV) Mandy Smith(I think thats what she's called) and no show without punch Peter Stringfellow with his rather large yacht, he seems to get everywhere!