Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-09-2005, 05:42
ella501

Default Puerto Pollensa or Puerto Soller?

Not sure where to post this message as I am new to the forum but would like some help please.
I am planning to visit Majorca next April or May and can't decide between Puerto Pollensa or Puerto Soller. I know this isn't really the bst place for a balanced view but I do need to make up my mind pretty soon.
I was planning on staying at the Hotel Eden in Puerto Soller as I want to do some walking with my boyfriend when we visit.
They do excursions into the mountains and I found them on Alpa Rooms.
Can anyone convince me to chose Puerto Pollensa over Puerto Soller?
thanks ella
Sponsored Links
Old 19-09-2005, 05:51
robjay

I would never ever dream of trying to convince anybody to choose PP over anywhere else.
I will tell you why I love staying in Puerto pollensa. From PP I get the one and only bus to Soller it leaves in the morning, this may or may not go via CSV (depends on the direction of the wind or moon cycle I think:lol ) and passes the outskirts of Pollensa and makes it's way up to Lluc passing some of the most beautiful countryside ever. Once at Lluc I have some of the best walking and climbing on the Island, I have the highest climbable (is this a word?) mountain a stones throw from lluc and many more just as near, once I've climbed my choosen mountain I head for the LLuc to Pollensa trail this takes me about 4 hours and passes through an ever changing landscape and one thing I almost enjoy as much is this long walk "Home" is the long cold beer which Caroline will have sitting on the cafe table waiting for me in Pollensa, this rounds off a perfect day for me.
where ever you choose to stay it doesn't matter, but if you fall in love with the mountains half as much as I have I know you'll be hooked on them like me for ever
Take care.

Rob
Old 20-09-2005, 03:52
ella501

hi Rob
Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post. I think i already know which decision to make but you just about tipped the scales in favor of Puerto Pollensa.
I do love the mountains and always have so if they are easy to get to from the resort then I will go ahed and book a hotel.
I've heard that Puerto Pollensa is a fairly quiet resort is that true?
I'm not looking for lots of nightlife but at 35 i dont want clubs!
thanks again
ella
Old 22-09-2005, 02:52
robjay

Hi Ella,
Glad I could have been of help. have a look at the book forum and you'll see the guide book and map that I use.
I'm back in PP on 15th October and plan to climb Puig Masanella and trek from lluc to Pollensa, a beautiful trek.

Glad I helped and anytime I can just ask.

Rob
Old 02-10-2005, 07:35
ella501

hello Rob
Thanks so much for your reply. I've been away for a cople of weeks and just thught I'd had a quick check of the forum.
I am just about to book a hotel in Puerto Pollensa so willbe asking about places to stay next.
Hope you have a good time when you go out soon,
ella
Old 02-10-2005, 18:17
robjay

welcome back Ella, Since you were last here we now have added a photograph section to the forum. Why not join it I have a few shots from Lluc & Puig Tomir on there, If you have any photographs we'd all love to see them. If you'd like to join send me your main E-mail address to my EZ-Inbox on this forum.
Take Care.
Rob
Old 02-10-2005, 20:25
Snowy

Why book hotel try an appartment there are so many great eating places. And you have more room can even make a cuppa when you feel like one.
Old 15-10-2005, 01:54
ella501

Thanks again for your replies.
I have booked a hotel and am looking forward to visiting Puerto pollensa and seeing what everyone is talking about.
thanks for all your help if I take some photos i will post them on the photo site.
ella