Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2005, 19:23
Lady Pollenca

Default Boy Killed

I am very sad to hear of the death of a spanish four year old boy on the Pollensa/Formentor Road. Apparently he was killed by a falling shutter, does anyone know how this has happened? It's very worrying to think a liitle one has lost his life in such a way and whether people with appartments can take any extra steps to prevent any thing like this ever happening again.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2005, 19:24
Founder

This is the newspaper article - very shocking & sad:

PORT OF POLLENSA ROCKED BY TRAGIC DEATH OF LITTLE SPANISH BOY
4-YEAR-OLD KILLED BY WINDOW SHUTTER
A four-year-old Spanish child died in the Port of Pollensa yesterday after being struck by a window shutter.
The four-year-old was in the port on a family holiday and was with his parents as they went shopping when the tragic accident occurred along the main Pollensa to Formentor road which runs through the centre of the town. The impact of the shutter, which fell from a fourth floor window, proved fatal and, despite the efforts of paramedics who rushed the child to the Port of Pollensa air force base to be airlifted by helicopter to Son Dureta hospital, the four-year-old died before the 061 emergency hospital reached the air force base. Last night a team from Ib-Salud Balearic health service, including psychologists, were looking after the child's parents and family who were all suffering from deep shock and trauma. Police have opened a full investigation into the tragic accident which was witnessed by a number of foreign holidaymakers.

copyright. Majorca Daily Bulletin
Old 04-08-2005, 19:47

I read this report with shock this morning and as a mother, my heart goes out to the parents of the little boy.

What a tragic event and how devastating for all involved.

I am the mother of a five year old boy and I went cold went I read the report in the Daily Bulletin.

I just hope that something is done to prevent it ever happening again.

Jane
Old 05-08-2005, 04:23
Jimsboy

Here in Liverpool we are still reeling from the senseless and horrific circumstances surrounding the death of young Anthony Walker.

The death of a child, any child, is heart rending. I am sure that the thoughts, and perhaps prayers, of us all, will be with the parents and family of this innocent little boy.

Vaya con Dios, nino.

Brian.
Old 08-08-2005, 19:30
Sara4

Hi,

We were in PP last week and there was definitely shock everywhere. I was on the market when some police came past us taking a lady to the medical centre. To be honest, I thought it was a mugging that had gone wrong as the lady seemed to have blood concentrated in one area and there were sirens and police everywhere, with roads closed, etc.. We were really shocked to find out what had really happened later on, but at that point thought that the child was still alive.
It was awful when we actually found out he had died.
It was such a tragic accident and something that you would never anticipate happening. How many times have we all walked on that same spot going to the perfumeria or on the way back from the newsagent?
In one of the spanish papers it said that the apartment was actually owned by British people, but have heard nothing further on this.
Old 17-12-2005, 01:45
GaryOB

Default Boy killed

I was one of those tourists in the area and it was a terible scene. I happened to be passing as the police began to cordon off the area.
I also heard that a British person had recently bought the apartment in question, what a shock for them also. At the time we wondered if the big storm the night before had anything to do with the event. All the furniture on our balcony was thrown around by the strong winds.
Has there been any further news on this story?