Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2006, 23:18
Rodney Balboa

Default Help Needed - How to do it yourself.

I did not know where to post this so I am sure you'll put it in its correct place.

This year we are going to make our own arrangments instead of the usual package holiday.

Never done it before and don't know where to start. Do we book our flights (EasyJet Stansted or Gatwick) first and then look for accom? and what days do you have to start i.e Saturday to Saturday or Sunday to Sunday for accomodation? What if we can get a good flight deal from a Tuesday to Tuesday or a Wednesday to a Tuesday, what do we do about accomodation then ? could you please advise.
This is our detail:
Destination PP.
Travel out any day within the first two weeks of August, returning around 14 days later. two adults and a 14 yearold.
Thanks for any info.
Regards Rodney.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2006, 02:00

HI RODNEY,
FIRST OF ALL HAVE A LOOK AT THE APARTMENTS AND VILLAS TO RENT ON THIS WEB SITE AND SEE WHO DOES FLEXIABLE CHANGE OVER DAYS OR HAS SAY, TUES OR WED AS STANDARD.
SENT THEM AN E MAIL OR RING UP IF THEY ARE SHOWING AVAILIABILITY FOR THE DATES YOU WANT AND SEE IF THEY WILL HOLD FOR YOU FOR SAY 48 HOURS WHILST YOU SORT OUT FLIGHTS.GET THE FLIGHTS BOOKED AND GO BACK AND PAY THE DEPOSIT FOR YOUR ACCOMADATION.
THIS IS THE WAY I WORK WHEN LETTING MY PLACE AND QUITE A FEW OTHERS WILL HELP IN THIS WAY.
AUGUST GETS BOOKED FAIRLY EARLY AND I TOOK ALL MY AUGUST BOOKINGS FOR 2006 IN JULY AND AUGUST LAST YEAR SO GET ON WITH IT ASAP TO AVOID DISSAPOINTMENT.
IF YOU WANT FURTHER HELP FEEL FREE TO ASK.
ENJOY PP THIS SUMMER.
:hat :hat :hat
Old 06-01-2006, 02:23
Sara4

We book our holiday ourselves as well and it is much better (and cheaper) than being tied to a package holiday.

I think that you will find that most apartments and villas are Saturday to Saturday changeover. Some are flexible but this tends to be when the season is quieter and they may not have people booked in in certain weeks.

I would book pretty soon though, as Senor Cigar says, for August it gets booked up very quickly. It sounds like you are there the same time as us (the joys of having school age children!). We booked our Villa in August, just days after we returned home. We originally found it through this website, so have a look at the accomodation available. Our flights were booked very soon after that as well.

You may find booking it all yourself a bit scary at first, but you will never look back.

Good luck!
Old 06-01-2006, 05:27
Founder

Another option if you want to take advantage of cheaper flights i.e. not on a Saturday is to book a night or so in a hotel. We did that one year & booked a hotel near the airport as we had a Friday-Sunday flight & then on the way home stayed in one of the villages on the West Side (Banyalbulfar).

If you look at the hotels page on this site there are several that you can book single nights thru agents such as Alpharooms or even contact the hotels direct.

I think you will find that most accommodation is Sat-Sat in high season.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:05
Rodney Balboa

Thanks for the information, appreciated.