Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Miscellaneous (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/)
-   -   Weather on pp.com (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/2167-weather-pp-com.html)

ChrisLox 09-05-2006 20:58

Weather on pp.com

..dunno where i said it before about the weather being always wrong here on pp.com.At the moment the weather is supposed to be mainly cloudy, whereas in real-life there isn't a single cloud in the sky!!!!!

pollensa 09-05-2006 20:58

I think it based on Palma so there are always going to be differences...

borolass 14-05-2006 19:44

Weather from Thrusday

We're due to arrive in PP on Thursday (evening). Reports that I've found are mixed but on the whole, don't look great. Could anybody give me an accurate outlook so I know what to pack!

Cheers

debz1 14-05-2006 20:02

Weather from Thursday

Hi borolass and welcome to the forum!

The link below is a site I use and has normally a very accurate forecast. Don't worry too much if it says isolated thunderstorms in a forecast look more at the chance of rain which is often only 10 or 20 %..there are often storms in the med and an hour later the sky will be clear and blue.

Have a look at the temperature which is forecast to be in the high 70's next week..and maybe pack a brolly just in case!!

Is it your first trip to PP? If so you are in for a treat :D Have a great time and we'll look forward to hearing all about it .

Debs

www.intellicast.com

borolass 15-05-2006 01:31

Weather from Thursday

Thanks Debz for the link and the positive outlook to the weather. It's made me feel better about it all again. It is our first time in PP (in fact, our first summer holiday in years) and really looking forward to it. Everybody has only good things to say about it. I can deal with a couple of downpours, but hope that we can get to the beech most days.

Thanks again

frito 15-05-2006 16:45

Weather Forecast

I got fed-up with lousy forecasts too.
Why not go to the Spanish Met. Office?

Try
www.inm.es/cgi-bin/locali.cgi?ig=07410

and you get a forecast for Pollensa!

I hope this is useful.

Frito

Link enabled by Webmaster

Snowy 15-05-2006 20:58

Re: Weather Forecast

Try this site

www.mallorcaweb.net/salbufera/

Mariquita 15-05-2006 23:11

Re: Weather Forecast

Snowy

Thanks for this link. I didn't know there was a web site for the Abufera. It certainly gives all the weather details and I have now added it to my list of favourites.

ChrisLox 17-05-2006 07:03

Weather

..the weather here is bloody marvellous, ok!!!

Debilicious 17-05-2006 16:09

Re: feeling Hot , Hot , Hot !

I beleive it is almost bashing 30 degrees (the last few days.)

Factor 30 for deb ! :D

smiddy 17-05-2006 21:36

Weather

Borolass,

We're all guilty of worrying too much about the weather, once your there and settled in it won't be such a concern

Don't worry you'll get more than enough rays. 8)

borolass 18-05-2006 00:48

Weather on PP

I'm sat here looking out of the window at the pouring rain and so now I really can't wait to be out there. You've all convinced me that it's going to be gorgeous so just can't wait.

See you all soon!!

Cheers

ChrisLox 21-05-2006 17:07

Re: Weather on PP

...sorry to keep going on about the weather here (I am British afterall!) but the forcast here is wrong again. I know the info is supposed to be for Palma but the conditions can vary such a lot from that end of the isle to PP. I know a lot of our forum members worry a lot abot the conditions here and for those who are 'counting the days' I'm sure it can create a little anxiety too.
For the best weather forcast I would recommend everyone to look at ww.BBC.com/weather (and type in Alcudia) before they start packing their umberellas and cardigans!!!
Chris

debz1 21-05-2006 19:42

Chris that is a great link and I've put it in my favourites already!Thanks

Debs :)

pollensa 21-05-2006 20:02

Chris,

do you really find that the BBC forecast for Alcudia is correct? See www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?world=4014 It still shows Saturday (yesterday?) & then Sunday as being 37 C. Is it that hot today? We've noticed the discrepancy before as it always shows Alcudia as being incredibly hot & we wondered if it was a mistake - or a weather station sitting in the Sun.