Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Miscellaneous (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/)
-   -   ByPass Stage2 - plan (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/2164-bypass-stage2-plan.html)

pollensa 06-05-2005 20:11

ByPass Stage2 - plan

There appears to be a lot of confusion re the bypass & also the responsibility of the forum.

First of all this is a general discussion forum set up to support the main web site & visited primarily by holiday makers, property owners & some residents. Any information regarding the bypass is kindly provided by people who have found something out, picked up some gossip etc. Any official information will be available from the ajuntament (town hall).

Secondly, for those who may be confused the bypass is in 2 stages. Stage 1 has been complete for sometime and runs from the roundabout by Caprabo behind the boquer area to the football ground where it joins the road to Formentor.

Stage 2 goes, we believe, from the same roundabout, behind Llenaire & then comes out on the coast road to Alcudia. I also understand that once it is in place part of the coast road will be pedestrianised which, I think, can only be a good thing.

A photo can be seen here
http://www.puertopollensa.com/bypass...2/photosml.jpg

& a plan provided by Jamie Barnard of Barnard Hamilton here
http://www.puertopollensa.com/bypass...2/planlsml.jpg and a larger version here www.puertopollensa.com/bypass_stage2/planlrge.jpg

As far as I know the route has been decided but according to Jamie is not starting until 2006. If anyone needs to know anything else, do contact him via www.bhigroup.com & let us know what you find out.

Thank you & I hope this helps a bit. Zelda (webmaster)

Belladonna 25-09-2005 16:51

It seems confusion is all around on this matter! We have a top appartment in Olot withroof terrace which was obviously bought because of the views and we are concerned about the proposed road which appears to be planned for directly behind the property. However, last year a large plot of land has been bought in order to build an old peoples home and has been slowly cleared for this purpose - although that seems to have stopped lately. We are now unsure what is actually happening. Can the land be repossed yet again from the proposed building in order to accommodate the road? Or has the road scheme been scrapped?? There are so many conflicting reports on this - does anyone actually know anything for certain anymore??

mallorcaboy 25-09-2005 19:51

We have been a little concerned regarding the proposed 2nd stage as we live in Llenaire. However, I know someone who's apartment is very close to the 1st stage, and they assured me that it has not been a real problem for them. Also if you were to stand and watch in the Summer, there actually isn't a huge amount of traffic on this road, so I think any problems we may have will be off set by the advantages we may well recieve.
Let's not get too stressed.
I feel much more sorry for one or two of the people who own beautiful little houses that originally stood back from the road from Inca to Pollensa, but are going to have the new motorway running right outside their front doors!!

Belladonna 26-09-2005 02:21

Trying so hard to think on the positive side! But i just love waking up to hearing the goats bells tinkling - I cant imagine I will like the sound of the cars quite as much! I think we shall have to form a LLenairian support group!! Headquarters Llenaire Restaurant!!

pollensa 17-02-2006 18:57

Cost of second part of ring road increases
A year and a half after the inauguration of a section of the Port de Pollensa ring road, the Council of Majorca has started the last part of this project which will bring the traffic out on the coast. The first section, which is now open to traffic, is made up of the stretch of road between Port de Pollensa and Formentor.
Now the further project to divert traffic coming from the Alcudia road to the Port is on public display.
In fact, the project had already been drawn up in 2001.
However, the fact that changes have been introduced to modernise it has meant it has to go on public display once again.
Due to this long delay in its execution the cost of the project has risen by 420'000 euros.
Generally the road will follow the same route as in the last project with just a few changes.
The new road will have two lanes of 3.5 metres each and four roundabouts to distribute the traffic to the area.
With the modifications which have been introduced, the connection between Cami de Llenaire and the second roundabout has been smoothed out and the third roundabout has been moved nearer to the sea. This is to avoid affecting a residential area with many buildings.
In the other, already opened, stretch of the ring road a service road was left out to avoid demolishing a house.
To execute the works for this road it will be necessary to purchase compulsorily 17'621 square metres of ground.
In addition, numerous services will be affected, such as electricity cables, telephone lines and public services.
The amount of time given for the execution of the work is 12 months and the final price of the work is estimated at 4.2 million euros.
The cost of the modifications to the affected services is estimated at 100'000 euros and the cost of the compulsory purchases 585'000.

(c) Majorca Daily Bulletin

If anyone has any more news of this & knows where the plans are on display do let us know.