Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2006, 21:35
Snowy

Default First Timers Reviews

Over the next few months there wil be lots of people travelling to Puerto Pollensa for the first time, it would be nice to read there general overall reviews.
I know of very energetic poster whos just returned but not posted an overall review of PP.

Come on guys get posting please.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2006, 21:53
Debilicious

i wasnt sure were to post it to be honest, ...its coming, but keep leaving notes on restaurants etc at home...so will do from head

first timer, was myself and other half,

we really really enjoyed our vacation, I was a bit dubious at first, as not only did it appear sedate, it was positively comatosed. We arrived about 12.30am to a deserted pine walk, not a sound anywere, as it turned out, was blissfully serene...thats just the way we liked it, pine walk is beautiful, and boyfriend named as 1 reason he would return. It is very romantic of an evening, and cant be faulted.

but like said before, day time, and buggy brigade, jesus, i was seriously almost killed on 1 occasion, they bomb around at 50 miles an hour, regardless of who is there way, I did a few body swearves over the 2 weeks, some coming closer than others, boyfriend thought was hilarious !!!

abundance of amazing restaurants to choose from, we loved centric, as the mushroom sauce was to die for, he loved his sword fish also.
sparrow, again great pepper sauce, lovely back area, english roses etc, and the guy, was lovely, stood chatting, he was a cool guy,
best M.D.D was in CSV and was the nicest salmon ive ever tasted, from a non loving fish eater, fab, tasty crispy skin, and a beautiful potatoe soup for starters, wine water etc, 10 euros, just behind the Majorcabar, with an open terrace, really was lovely. dont recall name.
dinner by the sea, was beautiful, on the peir, all romantically lit, and very reasonably priced, that was my fave !

worst eating experience was in Pollenca..bar Avenida, i was quite specific, in what tapas i wanted, and i swear he slipped tongue and kidney in there, i defo tasted kidneys, trying to be lamb, not a chance!!! also the sangria was pure headache gear, and enough to make you choke at 15 euros a jug, he obviously seen us coming...and to top it off, the miserable waiter had a face that would stop a clock !! but i did try stuffed mussels, and was very proud of myself..
gutted we didnt make it to Los Z although glad now after recent reviews, we did reserve, but was late getting back !

I also dashed into Neptune bar, for these fab tapas, and dashed right back out again, sorry, the english runs deep in me, i did try to be adventurous, but the tongue in capers, along with minced offal etc, made for a weak deb !! pathetic i know...

jokers was good for a snack, and their Iolli was lovely !
boneys for pre drinks, loved his antics, with pretending to spill drinks on people, was hilarious !! especially the older women dressed to the nines, there faces were a picture...:rollin

have to admit, that the T.M doesnt look that bad AT ALL, and was one of the busiest on the pine walk...did enter, but could only allow myself a coffee, but did notice, of an evening, people were licking the plate....classy huh !!...lol...or maybe just fab food !! either way, i asked boyfriend, who knows nothing about all the buisness going on, and he found nothing to critisie about it, it didnt look offensive, in our opinion, and was heaving daily !!

was dying for this suckling pig, and as we were late deceided on El Mojito, as a bar we frequent, is a cuban bar, house speciality, Mojito with fresh lime leaves, my fave, so was deceided on our last night, for suckling pig....

We arrived, to an empty restaurant (it was late tho) and i asked for extra crispy, so fat would melt in (just incase) and was told 30-40 mins wait, if wanted done like that, we said no probs, it did arrive, and we eagerly tucked in, after i had peeled a big fat layer from mine, i wondered why we had waited so long, anyway, was riddled with thick fat, i was devastated, but boyfriend was devouring his, to cut a long story short, he had the rib part, which i tasted and was to die for, with what looked like a loin of pure meat, mine was obviously from a different part. typical !! to be honest it was that bad, it put me off rest of meal, literally, waiter cleared our plates and asked if we enjoyed, i answered honestly, that mine was far, far to fatty, and was unedible, he apologized, came with bill, and hadnt charged for my meal, and gave us a drink on the house. lesson to be learnt, ask for the ribs, which in hindsite i knew as was told, i just forgot, but boyfriend idolised it, and has said the restaurants along with pine walk, are the reason to return here, was amazed by the restaurants, and the food they were offering.

coffee everymorning at Pascalino's loved the view, and big comfy chairs.

my fave meal was in Alcudia....:eek ...sorry... in a restaurant called the Tivoli, live music, baked potatoes to die for, huge big strawberries in sangria, and the nicest t bone ever, waiters were great ! heaters over the tables, was really lovely, followed closely by balaxia, setting.. rather than food.

The actual resort, i would prefer a bit more entertainment. but location for touring, the walks are amazing, and we just loved CSV, i loved the burial caves in particular, and jumping of the rocks, at cala Molins, althought the water was absolutely freezing.

all in all a great holiday, only I didnt like the beach, all seaweed, and black bits (natural beach), south beach was better, but not on par with south of the island beaches, in my opinion !!

We will be returning !! and i will get a good bit of suckling pig...if it kills me....and we simply have to return, to see sunset at Mallorcabar, as we didnt get a chance this time, oh well......there will be others.... !!!

its true what they say, it does stand apart from other resorts, as a trip along the coast to alcudia proved, it was dirty, certain parts stunk of open sewerage also...!!!

our apartments were amazing (pollensamar) 4 big fluffy pillows and a double bed...yippee, was the best ever, 3 corkscrews, 2 orange juicers, everything spotless, fresh plants/flowers growing in the balcony, it was lovely !! pool was lovely temp also !!

verdict....very nice resort indeed !! although seemed very geared to the british !!

best laugh of the holiday, being asked for 8 euros for a galia watermelon, very expensive market, full of the same overpriced products, pollensa is by far better !

moan of the holiday, was the perfume shop assistant spraying strong perfume in my eye..by accident !! I was in agony for hours...lol
Old 07-06-2006, 21:10
Debilicious

L'Aub was the lovely M.D.Dia we had for 10 euros, in CSV, been racking brains, so thought would add it, as was a fave of ours.

The salmon really was amazing, we had a big fly/bug, fly into our soup, much to my overdramatic screams (it was bright huge,big green eyes, and shiny) brought the staff rushing out, how embarrassing. We had a few " waiter waiter " jokes later, but she was really apologetic, ( like it was her fault) and replaced with a new one. nice place.
Old 07-06-2006, 21:52

Hi Deb, is L'Aub easy to find? Am going on Sat and your description of the salmon got the taste buds going!

Thanks

Sally
Old 07-06-2006, 21:59
Debilicious

Yes its really easy, if you head back from the mallorcabar (by car park) towards the other restaurants, its your first on the right, with a terrace, only about 3 there, if i recall, so will be easy, as place isnt that big. ( if all else fails, then ask a barperson or waiter, they will know.

Hope you enjoy as much as we did. Definetly get the salmon !!

have a lovely time

Deb
Old 07-06-2006, 22:22

Thanks deb, will definetly give it a go.

Sally
Old 08-06-2006, 00:52

Deb,

Do you mean L'Alba?

It's next to a Lladro shop?

If it's the same we've eaten here several times and always found the food good.

Jane
Old 08-06-2006, 04:02
Founder

Please can we keep this post to First Tmers general impressions of the Resort & post restaurant comments under the Eating Out forum. Thank you.

Webmaster
Old 08-06-2006, 15:02
ChrisLox

Its L'Aup I think and it's just off the road as you turn into the CSV turning on the Puerto P. to Pollenca road.
Old 08-06-2006, 16:54
Debilicious

i must be wrong, I will find out, its on a corner, you can see it from Mallorcabar, 2 mins walk from carpark. first bar/restaurant/terrace, think seats are blue and white wicker weave...lol ...if my memory serves me correctly,

if you were walking to the caves, for example....think is only 3 restaurants there, 2 left hand, 1 right, its the right one on corner, i did have written down, but cant find for the life of me !!..., didnt see any Ladro shop tho....

Deb

hope i havent confused Salhal
Old 09-06-2006, 08:32
med777

if it is l'Aup...terrific food, and just loved the place...........just dont go there without heavy duty mozzie repellant.
Maybe I was unlucky (so unlucky that the waiters were arriving with mozzie repellant for the use of !) but the bites I got spoiled quite a bit of my holiday..so be warned !

med
Old 09-06-2006, 15:28
klad1

Jane is right it sounds like L'Alba which is actually in CSV but I dont think it is next to a Lladro shop.
Old 09-06-2006, 16:09
Debilicious

yes its L'alba......thanks, cant find my note pad anywere !!
Old 13-06-2006, 02:59
JMD40

Only just got around to reading your first reviews and makes for interesting reading. sOrry to hear that you did not manage to get a good Lechona/suckling pig - you will have to make that on your first night when you return. El Mojito is South American Meats - best stick to Mallorcan restuarants as recommended by many - Zarzoles or L`aup with its lovely garden. (not to be mistaken by L' auba in CSV. Laup is on main PP to P road at the junction to CSV)
What about your overall views on PP - the people, resort, beach, prices, shops, service, rather than just food, food food. . . . as we seem to talk about that so much on this forum. Amused by your comments about the pushchairs - in May there were a number of people having fun with mobility scooters also - I am sure I saw an elderly lady placing points in her notebook!) I understand from some that they are much more fun than a wheelchair!!
I agree with Snowy and think it would be great to hear from new visitors to see PP through their eyes??
Looking forward to seeing Pollença through new eyes!