Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2006, 21:10

Default Small world strikes again!

So, I'm sitting in my office eating my lunch. Surfing the Web, PP.com on the screen.

A knock at the door - "Sorry to disturb you, I'm xxxxx, we've only spoken before, but I was in the area...." - you know the form.

Talk about business, then social. Holidays, etc. So my guest says, "No, I don't like going abroad in the summer, its too hot. But we're going to Majorca in October." So am I. "Ever been to Puerto Pollensa - we love it, its so relaxing."

At which point I turn my computer screen around for him to see, and we both have a good laugh. Cue another half-hour discussions on hotels and apartments; bars and restaurants; walks, etc., etc. Concensus - there's no place like PP!

allanglens
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2006, 22:19
cheniesbucks

I remember walking the dog in some fields in Rickmansworth just before I got married and ended up talking to woman who was also walking her dog. I told her I was about to get married and she asked where I was going for honeymoon. I was a bit embarrassed to admit that we were off to Majorca as we loved it so much and had been going for years. She asked where? and I said PP. Well, we ended up chatting for ages as it transpired that the villa we'd chosen for the honeymoon was where she and her hubbie went last year cos they too had been going for years an she was just about to sign a contract for a little apartment out there!!!!!!! Small world.

Also this week was in contact via an email to a girl who writes for Practical Parenting (Im in the magazine later in the yr for having had 2 home births!) when she said she wanted to proof read my article next week with me present) I said I couldn't do it as I was away. Guess the rest??? She'd just come back from PP and has not had a holiday anywhere else for years cos she loves it so much.

So there you are!

PS BONEYSLAD, THAT WOMAN I WAS REFERING TO COULD HAVE BEEN YOUR WIFEY COS WE WERE IN THE CHESS FIELDS THAT BACK ONTO THE HOUSES ALONG WHERE YOUR HOUSE IS SOMEWHERE!!!!
Old 05-08-2006, 00:09
bee66

We've had a couple of small world incidents not all in majorca. We were staying in puerto soller one year and were waiting for a tram back to the port. We had been to the icecream parlour listening to a wonderful singer ( another story ) It was very hot and we were lazy and thought we would pick up the tram there. Of course when it turned up it was full. As we walked away I heard my name called When I looked it was a lady I used to work with about 5yrs. earlier!!
They were on a day trip to soller and decided to have a tram ride to the port.
small world indeed!
Old 05-08-2006, 15:11
Joanne

The first time I went to Majorca we went to Soller for a day and we waiting for a tram and I saw a girl go by who I recognised from being on the station every morning on my way to work.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:49

8 years ago we went to PP, to the usual place we always go to but not at the usual time of year ..... so instead of the usual people we saw most years there were lots of new people.

Daughter( then 4 ) got friendly with a girl the same age as her who was staying a couple of apartments away, played together brilliantly for a full week and on the very last day whilst chatting we established that we lived on the same road back home ( we had only moved in a couple of months earlier so didn't know many people ) and both girls were starting their first day at school, same school, same class the following Monday .............. spooky or what !!!!
Old 06-08-2006, 19:24

A couple of years ago, whilst walking down the Pine Walk in PP, I was recognised by a couple I used to know, and hadn't seen for 20 years! They were walking behind me, and recognised me. I'm not sure whether that was a compliment or not!:\
Old 06-08-2006, 22:58

hiya Cheniesbucks,

Our paths have crossed as I'm just back from PP and you've just gone. Your meeting those years ago in the Chess Valley might have been Bonyladette ( she's blonde and would have had two pretty Shetland sheepdogs ( OK Jimbo, fair point we love scottish dogs !!!!!) but alas although been going to PP for about 18 years or so and bought our first appartment about seven years ago we have never stayed in a villa cos we just love strolling from accommodation to restaurants/bars/beach closeby without the hastle of transport. She tends to remember dogs rather than people , bless her, so give us a clue what type of doggy was yours?

It is a small world though cos we once met a couple in Capetown a few years ago and she was brought up in our road and her parents had a pad on the Pinewalk and we knew the same folk as them in the port.

Trust you enjoyed your hols ???

BonysLad