Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2006, 22:07
Paul from Hove

Default Can you beat this ????

Yesterday ( 5th Oct ) as the rain hammered down I idly looked up ceefax page 410 and saw that the forecast for Mallorca was 24 to 26 and sunny - hmmm nice.
Just out of curiosity I checked the Thomas Cook website and selected sun holidays with PP as the destination and they were offering a week at the Pollensa Park hotel (3 star Half Board ) from this Saturday ( 7th ) for 85, flights transfers the complete package, we stayed there last year and had no complaints at all - sadly I didn't have enough time to take advantage of this deal but does anyone know of a better one ????
If only I'd looked a couple of days ago . . . . .
Regards to all
Paul
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2006, 22:08
bee66

In a perfect world we could just hop on a plane ----if only!!
Old 07-10-2006, 07:31
Tony Roan

Default Can you beat this ????

Paul,
Coincidentally, I have just been looking for cheap hols in PP. I have found one with Thomas Cook for about 130 each, based on 4 sharing, flying out on 28th October from Cardiff. As there is only me and my wife it works out at about 450, inc transfers. It's not THAT cheap but not too bad for half-term. (my wife's a teacher.) I have been to PP twice this year, once in July on my own and again in August with my wife. Brilliant, as always. The holiday, I mean, not the wife. (Only joking, she might read this!)
I am just about to book it but I'd just like to ask a question - What's it like in PP in October? The weather? Are the shops and restaurants open? Or is it a bit of a ghost toen?
Any replies greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Tony R
P.S. Do you know that Open Holidays, who we have always booked with, have just gone into receivership and have been taken over by Villasabroad.co.uk? Sad, I always like Open Holidays.
Old 07-10-2006, 20:09
sleepybobby

Hi tony we went to PP two years ago at the beginning of october for a week.The first two days were wet and a little bit chilly but the weather picked up and for the rest of the week it was lovely and warm.A few of the shops and restaurants were closing that month but there was plenty of places still open to choose to eat out in.There are still a few holiday makers about the port as well but obviously not as busy as peak times.
Old 07-10-2006, 22:24

Hi Tony- we were in PP last October (about 20/21 Oct) for 6 days..had 2 days rain then thankfully 3 days of sun.Friends came out(for the half term) as we came back and they had a glorious week.Temp mid 20's..Supposed to be packing as I write this..out to PP tomorrow for a week.weather forecst so-so by the looks of it but who cares - perhaps I will get to do some of the things I never to in July when it is too hot to move!!
Old 07-10-2006, 22:50
ChrisLox

Hi All,
PP is great in October. Everything is still open and on Monday we had a temperature of 34deg! There are lots of people on the beach and the front is almost as lively as ever. The market is in full swing and there are full entertainment programmes in operation. As far as I know this will continue to the 31st of October when the summer season ends however PP is always a nice place to visit in or out of season. Some of the best festivals (i.e. 'Fires' and St Antoni) take place in the winter months and everyone comes over to see them!
Hope this gives you some inspiration!
Old 08-10-2006, 00:32
Sapphoxxx

I've been to PP in October for two weeks in the past. We had glorious weather, although there were thunderstorms every morning but they clear up so quickly that it doesn't matter.

I even managed to get sunburnt :lol