Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-10-2006, 01:56

Default Tried somwhere new!

Hi, me and my family have been to PP for the past five years, but decided to give somewhere else a try. Decided on Costa Tropical on mainland Spain as we were planning to move there one day (only because my dad wont fly and its easier for him to visit). What a dissapointment it was! We spent a whole week talking about how much better pp is. I dont know what it is but the mainland just seems to have a harsher feel to it. Everywhere we went building work was in progress and the whole place seemed untidy. Sorry to anyone who likes mainland Spain but it just wasnt for us. We have now decided to move to Mallorca which was our original choice. Got to wait until June to get back to PP now! Anyone else had holidays where they spent the whole time wishing they were in PP?
Sponsored Links
Old 30-10-2006, 01:57
Roy and Katie

Default Re: Tried somewhere new!

Yep, we went to Porto Banus, near Marbella. It is supposed to be the "in place", but we hated it. We looked at property, which was about 30% cheaper than PP, but that was about the only positive thing we could find. Talk about hard sell with the estate agents. One trip was one too many! You wont be disappointed with Mallorca. The more time we spend there the more we love it.
Old 30-10-2006, 06:41
sleepybobby

We booked Santa Ponsa 3 years ago for a change from PP and ended up hiring a car and driving up to PP every day.
Old 30-10-2006, 17:50

We went went down to the Costa de la Luz before buying in PP, under the impression it was white washed houses on hilltops. It was... but in inbetween was lots of farm land an it just wasn't as pretty as I had imaged. In fact I agree with you Salhal that it just seemed harsher. The beaches spread for miles and seemed to have no character.

So, decision made, PP it is. And we're moving there in 18 months time!
Old 31-10-2006, 06:25

Hi.

We booked a last minute cheapy to Cala D'or ( never again, did i say "never again"?, I meant NEVER AGAIN) in Oct03.

Poor accommodation, and weather to.
Didn't like the mainly purpose built resort.
Only saving grace, dined at Ca'n trompe (mmm heaven) every night, recommended in the Rough guide, not cheap but worth every cent.

where off to Portugal (first time) next week so hopefully it'll be ok

Regards

Carl.
Old 01-11-2006, 16:41
Pollensa Poppet

I wanted to celebrate a special birthday in Mallorca but as it was out of season (mid March) we decided to stay in Palma instead of PP where we usually spend our summer holidays. Although Palma is a lovely city, I couldn't wait to visit PP and once we were there, didn't want to go back to Palma.

We have been considering buying something in main land Spain (more affordable) and visited Costa Blanca but were disappointed. PP is definitely the place for us!
Old 01-11-2006, 17:55
Marsha

Puerto Pollensa was our somewhere new. We usually go to Menorca, which we love. This year we stayed in Cala n Bosch and I was sorely tempted to get the ferry from Ciutadella to Alcudia just so that I could go to Los Zarzarles for the suckling pig!

Next year though I'm hoping to return to PP but perhaps we'll get the ferry to Ciutadella for the watermelon soup at D'es Port!
Old 01-11-2006, 18:28

Marsha the trip to Los Z would have been worth it !!
Old 01-11-2006, 19:33

Oh yes debz! Totally agree.We visited Los Z on your recommendation and found the new terrace extension (new to us) was lovely - really romantic - and as for the suckling pig - MMMMMM!! (Strangely enough we werent the last to leave this restaurant, unlike when the 4 of us were the last to leave Maxims that week, and then I managed it again at Can Cuarassa! ) Off post subject - sorry. |I
Old 03-11-2006, 08:02

Late to leave 'cos we were so busy gassing that we took ages to order our food!! I'm sure it was the same waiter both times who asked if we were ready to order :lol :lol

Off subject I know but it was the first time I'd been to Maxims in years so it was 'somewhere new' in a way !
Old 05-11-2006, 02:55
easylife

Default somewhere new

Marsha

Our somewhere new was Menorca which we also loved but we too wanted to do a day trip from Ciutadella to Alcudia to visit PP - the summer season ferry times don't allow for same day return trips. The times change about 2nd week in Sept and then you can go there and back in one day - it's not cheap though!
Old 19-11-2006, 22:01

Default Re: somewhere new

Hi All.

Just got back from Portugal (never been before)

Nice hotel - www.falesia.com

Lucky with the weather - 6 days of clear skys and 70 degrees.
Beautiful beach but not much else in the area.
Had a lovely lunch at the hotel next door
www.pinecliffs.com/en/sheraton/
Chicken fajitas on a sizzling platter (mmm heaven) for me, and seafood rissoto for Moira, inc a glass of house red and a tonic water 45 euro's (worth every cent)

Looking forward to booking PP for May 07

Regards

Carl.