Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-11-2006, 20:49

Default Big lottery win?

Just checked my numbers,no luck again.
But what if?
Where would you end up? Penthouse on the Pine Walk,one of those big old houses or maybe up the hill in Gommar with a view!A finca in the country,La Font is very nice and not toofar,Or what about across the bay,there are some super houses with views of the whole bay in Malpas or Bonaire.I like the shabby chic and laid back appeal of Es Barcares.
But what about that beautiful grand house a mile up from Llenaire on the coast road,the one with lions,is it? on the gate posts,kind of Hollywood meets Mallorca.
Who lives in a house like this? over to you David.
ahh,sorry too much daytime tele!
Well keep spending £2 a week and dreaming!
Sponsored Links
Old 26-11-2006, 21:15

There's a big old villa on the Pine Walk, between Little Italy and the Illa D'Or that my husband and I call the Elephant House. It has a couple of small elephant statues each side of the front door and looks a fabulous old house. Not too big or ostentatious, fantastic character, and we want first dibs if we win the lottery!
Old 26-11-2006, 22:13
easylife

Default big lottery win

There's a tiny house on the Pine Walk that I would love to buy - every time I walk past it looks more rundown and unloved, I'm sure no-one lives in it or even uses it from time to time. There's just something about it which I've fallen in love with - maybe it's the view or the tiny balcony above the front door - I really don't know but whenever I visit PP one of the first things I do is go for a walk past. I think I'd be very upset if I found anyone there - that house has got my name on it! (when my numbers come up that is)
Old 26-11-2006, 23:13

Default Re: big lottery win

Sorry easylife but if you mean the one a few doors along from Bahia I've already 'bagged ' that one It certainly looks unlived in and needing some TLC. Trouble is these places have been in peoples families for years and it only needs one old codger to say he doesn't want to sell up and it just sits empty..terrible waste when it would make such a lovely home.

And also I would love the little villa on the road to CSV on the left hand side. It's a very pretty stone building not too big or ostentatious with beautiful bourganvillia growing round the door.

I quite fancy a town and a country residence.. or is that just being greedy?!!
Old 27-11-2006, 06:29

No debz1 youre not being greedy.Its perfectly natural to want more of PP,its that kind of place.
Being there conjures up such a state of happiness and wellbeing that you cant help wanting to share it with your friends,family and everyone near and dear to you.
Its perfectly ok for you to feel that way,PP does that.Its like a kind of Brigadoon by the sea.
Dont worry,keep on dreaming.
Old 28-11-2006, 00:34
Sara4

One of the big villas on the sea front near Tolos - they are fantastic.

Imagine waking up to that view of the bay every day?

We would also have to have an apartment in Barcelona so that my husband could pop over to watch the football.
Old 08-12-2006, 00:28
Tony Roan

Default Lottry win

I've been sitting here for the last couple of hours reading all the messages on the Pollensa Forum. In between, I'm watching the rain bounce off the patio and the garden lawn turning into a swimming pool. Great weather, eh?
The message Sandy posted - about the villa with the 2 elephants either side of the gate on the Pine Walk; It always reminds me of an old colonial residence in India, or Burma, somewhere like that. It's got great character. Always dark and mysterious. If I buy it, I'll rent out one of the rooms to you, Sandy. Reasonable rates.
What I want to ask the regulars on the Forum (stupid question, really) Do most of you live and or work in Pollensa or are you regular visitors like me and my wife?

I've been to PP for the last 6 years with Open Holidays, always staying on the Pine Walk in various apartments. Since Open Holidays went bust we are now 'doing it ourselves' via the Internet. We've booked an apartment close to the Pollensa Park. I'll miss the Pine Walk, but the rent is actually less than half the price!
Can't wait to get there, only 220 days to go!
Tony R
Old 08-12-2006, 01:32

Default Re: Lottry win

Hi Tony. Now, about this room you're going to rent me. If you won the lottery, I'm sure you could give it me for free!

We've rented a couple of times through Open Holidays. Prior to that we stayed at the Illa D'Or a few times but since September last year we bought our own apartment out there and now go over at least 6 times a year. The intention is to move over there permanently, hopefully by April 2008, and it can't come soon enough for me!