Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-12-2006, 20:32
Founder

Default Changes to the Pollensa Forum

Dear Forum Members,

after much thought I have decided to ensure that the Pollensa Forum is returned to its original and key purpose, namely that of an information resource for those intending to holiday or live in the Pollensa area. To that end there will no longer be facilities for general discussion and both the Happy Hour and Chat Room will be removed shortly.

There has been increased unpleasantness in both the Happy Hour and Chat Room during the last few days. Having been on the receiving end myself of some particularly vitriolic outbursts I see no reason why I should carry on spending both a lot of time and money (this forum costs Holidays Webs several hundred USD per year and is provided FREE to its members and visitors) in order to let a minority of unpleasant individuals intimidate the rest of the membership.

Contrary to the belief of one member I have received several Private Messages of support from members who no longer wish to post on this forum for fear of being rebuked and who supported the recent banning of a member.

"Keep up the good work."
"Perhaps people will start to post again now ***** has departed. I think he's bullying has been one of the main reasons for people to stop posting in the past."
"I want to let you know that I am 100% behind you on your stance with *****. "
"I would like to express my support for you regarding the above topic. I do not post very often maybe sometimes it is because of the responses one gets. I found ***** to be an unpleasant character ...I hope the site gets back to what it was instead of all this unpleasantness from some of the regular posters"
"I have been appalled by the behaviour of a certain person on the forum in recent months, so much so that I was delighted to hear that he was no longer going to visit the site....I don't normally feel so strongly about issues like this but I was appalled by his behaviour and I have spoken with other members on this site who have told me in chat that he has caused trouble in the past for them."
Unfortunately the banning of individual members has not proved sufficient and I am not prepared to spend any more time and experience any more grief for the sake of a few troublemakers.

As of this moment the Happy Hour has been suspended. Both the Happy Hour and the Chat Room will be removed from Jan 1st. For those of you who would like a general discussion forum, there is nothing to stop you creating your own ezBoard Community - see www.ezboard.com/content/view/73 for ezBoard Products. If you do so I will be happy to post a link to it here (send me details by my ezInbox) but it will not be associated with Holidaywebs Ltd or puertopollensa.com I am leaving the Happy Hour in 'Read Only' mode until Jan 1st to allow those who have posts that they wish to retain such as jokes, recipes etc. to copy them elsewhere.

Any future posts that are not related to holidaying or living in Pollensa will be removed as will those that go off topic.

I am sorry that it has had to come this but unfortunately the forum has been spoilt for the majority by a few individuals.

And finally, on behaf of Holiday Webs may I wish You and Your Families a Merry Christmas and a Peaceful New Year.

Webmaster
Sponsored Links
Old 16-12-2006, 22:44

Im devestated to lose the chatroom and Happy hour, but if this is to be the case, can you please tell us where we are allowed to post, and IF we are allowed to post, details of meetings and recommendations of wine or food which has Spanish / Mallorcan roots? I do hope that we will not be penalised for sometimes going off subject.

I fear there may be a lot of good friendships that will now just disappear. What a terrible shame.
Old 16-12-2006, 22:59
jiggy

Well, this is a very sad day. i too will be deverstated to loose the chat room and happy hour. There will be a lot of VERY good friendships broken up due to this.
This site is more than just a holiday site, it is a way of communicating for many of us, and to take away this facility will be nothing short of scandalous. You know i am not a person to strongly voice my opinions, pollensa, but this has really affected me.
Just a thought tho, is there any way we could use Yuku to have general disscusions? they are also trying to get a chat room going. Any ideas, Pollensa?
Old 17-12-2006, 00:44
bonez1977

i am really dissapointed... this has just shown that the more oppinionated amongst us really do always get there way!! i hope they are happy now¬!! as said, a lot of friendships will break if we cant find another way to chat!!!
**sob***
i will really miss my friday nights now... so Bang goes my festive spirit.... if anyone would like to keep in touch with me please feel free to ezinbox me and i'll give out my email, and any msn messenger fans out there who would like to chat from time to time too... i'd love to keep in contact with people from this site, i love coming here and reading about and talking about pp but occasionally another subject of convo has to come up doesn't it??
oh well
i guess that's it... so who's up for a new year bash to say goodbye then!!

bonez x
Old 17-12-2006, 00:55
sleepybobby

I think everything has been said regarding this subject.What a great shame that such a proffesional and informative forum has been spoiled by certain individuals.In all honesty i personally saw this outcome coming
I particulary feel for Pollensa who has worked so hard keeping this brilliant site in order.Thank you Pollensa for all your efforts,it was good when it lasted.SNOWY A BIG THANKS TO YOU AS WELL>: P.S. Robjay hope we hear from you again soon now8)
Old 17-12-2006, 01:07

I have been very saddened to see the developments that have resulted in Pollensa's completely understandable actions.
This site has been a wonderful place over the years, where like minded PP lovers can come and get a little fix of their favourite place. It has been ruined by a few play ground bullies displaying their ignorant and childish behaviour.
I also would like to support Pollensa publicly.
Old 17-12-2006, 02:48

This is a positive move by Pollensa, PuertoPollensa.com should be about PP and not us as individuals.
If individuals wish to communicate separately about any topic, good luck to them, now let's get back to our previous happy and informative site.
Well done Pollensa.

PP76
Old 17-12-2006, 03:41

(This message was left blank)
Old 17-12-2006, 04:33
pops

i'm behind Pollensa. She does a thankless job.

I wrote a long post and then realised you can't post in the happy hour anymore, so rather than repeat it. I just wanted to thank Pollensa and Robjay pretty much said some of the things I wanted to in his long post.

I was particulary hurt by the reference to the two vultures If this was aimed at me and another certain person You are wrong. I have never posted anything malicious and have never wanted to cause trouble to anyone. The only time I asked Pollensa to remove a post was when that abusive post was posted on here re Robjay.

Lets get this forum back to what its all about, PP as PP76 said, and not about individuals.
Anyway , thanks Pollensa and happy christmas.

Pops
Old 17-12-2006, 05:19
pinot g

I am also supporting Pollensa, she does a fantastic job moderating this site for us to enjoy. I look forward to it getting back to how it used to be. I have picked up many great hints and tips along the way which have been useful when we re in PP.

Long may the site continue, well done Pollensa
Old 17-12-2006, 05:26

(This message was left blank)
Old 17-12-2006, 07:33
robjay

Nice to see I'm not alone, but I knew I wasn't :lol Also nice to see MB back, like Jimbo I used to look forward to MB's witty posts. Can we now get this Forum back to the way it should be? I think there are enough fun & friendly members. Lets just ignore the Trolls and get back to the Forum we all loved and enjoyed.
Take care

Robjay
Old 17-12-2006, 09:37
smiddy

Default Changes to the forum.

Hello! Still have a look ever day, unfortunately i don't use the chat-room so, this is all a bit of surprise to me.

(Think i can work it out for myself though)

Now that's out in the open hopefully the air will be cleared and we can get back to the usual rubbish(sorry, mean't fun)

NOBODY, should be allowed to put the slightest stain on our precious time in PP, it's one of the few places we can go to escape all the aggro we get at home. MB, ROB,JIMBO et all. Look forward to our future posts.
Old 17-12-2006, 11:04
sleepybobby

Default Re: Changes to the forum.

Good to see your back Robjay!!!!If anything that has come out of this is that you are out of the woodwork and posting again.Itotally agree with you that the vast majority of us want a friendly informative forum without the hostile few that spoil it for the rest of us!Good riddance to bad rubbish you know who you are!!!!!>:
Old 17-12-2006, 17:26
Joanne

Default Re: Changes to the forum.

Nice to see Robjay back