Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-12-2006, 17:34
Joanne

Default Which Lucky People are Going to be in PP for Christmas/N Yr

Whoever is lucky enough to be spending Christmas and/or New Year in PP well I am very envious. Would love to hear what you get up to out there during the festive season and if the Spanish traditions difer greatly from ours. Would especially love to hear from anyone who is going to Trios or Tangos for New Years Eve, this is something that is defintely on my to do list in years to come.
Sponsored Links
Old 17-12-2006, 18:15
robjay

Default Re: Which Lucky People are Going to be in PP for Christmas/N

Well Joanne like I wont be spending New Years Eve in Tango's well not this year. This year I'll be working:\ I'm finding it hard to remember the last New Year I din't work atleast I'm not night shift:\
Who knows maybe one year we'll be in Tango's Cava in one hand and 12 grapes in the other:lol I know someone who would love to be there with me lol.
I hope all the members on here old and new have a very Merry Christmas and a happy New Year regardless where we are I'm sure our thoughts will on PP and all our friends there.

Take care.

Robjay
Old 17-12-2006, 18:32

Puerto Pollensa is looking very pretty at the moment with Christmas lights in the square, on the roundabouts and along the roads.

It is very quiet but as with every different season here the Port has its magical qualities which I love.

I have spent over 20 Christmases here in the past 30 years as my parents have lived here for many years and I usual came to visit them, and then I moved out here 6 years ago.

The Spanish traditions are slightly different, The Three Kings is the important day for giving presents to the Children, and there is a wonderful procession through the Port.

It is not normal to send Christmas cards, and my Spanish partner is amazed at the 30 odd I have received from old friends in the UK and strung across the living room.

Christmas is more low key here which I like, and also I have a personal tradition of walking along the seafront on Christmas day and dipping my feet in the sea and usual only meeting a couple of the locals on the beach.

Over the years we have been to many restaurants for Christmas day and had a great time, This year on the 24th my partner and I are having open-house for our Spanish friends then my mother is cooking a traditional lunch on Christmas day, and with luck we will able to eat outside.

Wishing you all a very Happy Christmas and a healthy New Year. PM
Old 17-12-2006, 18:55
robjay

It's so nice to hear from our man on the spot PM!!!!!!! It's sounds so nice over there a lot better than the cold night I've just had at work.
PM reading between the lines I can see you are inviting Me and my "extended" family to join you as you dip your toes in the sea (will you be wearing your traditional orange WWW.PP.Com thong again?) then we will only too glad to join you at your Mums for some turkey, tatties & tinsle.
nice to see you posting again PM, How's the other have?

Best wishes to you and your family over the festive season.

Now where's my suitcase...............www.easyjet.com.......12 return tickets to Palma please.............wow that's cheap!.......Kids lets get packing Uncle PM has invited us over for Christmas:eek :eek :eek :eek
Take care.

Robjay
Old 17-12-2006, 19:44
Joanne

Sounds lovely out there, like the idea of Christmas being more low key over there. Off to London's West End today to look at the christmas windows in the department stores and the Christmas lights in Regent Street, then off to the Southbank for the annual Frost Fair, will also pop down to Trafalgar Square where there is carol singing round the tree from now until Christmas.
Old 17-12-2006, 20:07

I understand Pollensa town is one of the places to be at New Year (although its a long walk home!). I'm really interested to hear what happens because fingers and toes crossed, I could be out there permanently this time next year.

By the way, is Three Kings on a specific date (when?) or is it a movable date like Easter?
Old 17-12-2006, 20:17
pops

Default which lucky people are going to be in PP for christmas/N Y

Joanne

Have a lovely time in London. I was in London last week with a certain person, showing him all the sites. It looks so pretty this time of year. We visited a little Tapas Bar just off Oxford Street near the side entrance to Selfredges. It was lovely. We sat outside under a heater with our cervezas and bowl of olives and thought of PP.
Covent Garden was nice too with the entertainers, mulled wine and the huge christmas tree. Oh and you must buy some roasted chestnuts too.

Sadly I wont be in PP this new year, but I have spent many new years in Tango as well as a fantastic christmas day there a few years ago.
I'll be thinking of them all, and one certain young man in Tango will be celebrating christmas with his brand new wife.
Robjay I'm sure that person would love to be sharing New Year in Tango with you too.

Pops
Old 17-12-2006, 20:21
pops

Default christmas in pp

Sandy

The three kings is always held on the 5th Jan in the evening. Its on the eve of the epiphany (6th Jan).

It is a lovely experience.

I hope to go next year as at last the schools arn't going back till after the 6th of JAN. this year we go back on the 4th!!!! Infact I have to go in for an inset day on the 3rd!!

Pops
Old 17-12-2006, 20:25

Default Re: christmas in pp

Thanks for that Pops. Its marked in my diary for 5th January 2008!
Old 17-12-2006, 21:00

Pops and Sandy

this could soon be "a Plan"

Because we WILL be there for epiphany next year

Pops I really feel for you ...... our schools don;t go back until 8th Jan
Old 17-12-2006, 21:52

Chels and I have booked to go to PP on the 4th / 7th of Jan to chill out after Christmas in the UK ( and to look at our new blind on the balcony :lol !!!).We hadn't realised that we would be there for the three kings until our daughter told us yesterday.

Looks like we'll be joining in more festivities in PP so the diet and detox will have to wait a bit longer!

How exciting Does anyone know if the celebrations are better in PP or Pollensa?
Old 18-12-2006, 00:36
smiddy

Default Christmas in PP

Never been to PP Xmas or New Year, someday, no doubt.

Mr&Mrs Smiddy share a double birthday on the 1st Feb, so we have booked a weeks holiday then. Looking forward to it.

P.S: The 2 Smiddy juniors share a double birthday as well(not twins). Spooky!
Old 18-12-2006, 01:56

Default Re: Christmas in PP

Oh debz lucky you - cant make it but the boys are out later on in January - obviously when all the festivities are over - hoping to get to Anthonys for some leather bargain jackets!

PM - glad to read about the Christmas card thing - I was getting a bit upset having sent my cards over not to have received any back yet from our Mallorcan friends although the English ones had sent back. Is Easter bigger on cards there!?
Old 18-12-2006, 02:04
robjay

Spooky or what Smiddy:rolleyes
Since I read about the New Year in PP I have wanted to be there so far I've not been lucky enough to make it..............
I've just looked at my shift for New Year 2007-8 and........... that's spooky too:eek ....................... Ah well you never know maybe I'll make it there one day:\ Until then I'll think of you lucky people.

Have fun, but most of all, Take care :lol

Robjay
Old 18-12-2006, 05:19

Smiddy my birthday's the same as you and your missus!!

And 2 of my three kids have birthdays on the same day :eek spooky...not really they ARE twins !!!

I'm over again in Feb with friends to celebrate my birthday so I'm sure somehow we'll be able to create our own little festival of aquarians in the square