Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-11-2006, 08:05

Default Winter thoughts of PP.

As I sit here in Yorkshire on damp winter evening I naturally think of my time in PP and what makes it so special. I know why its so good and Ive told so many of my friends etc over the years that when its too busy around the town and qustst
eues are forming outside Tango,my wife blames me,but I know its just because its August!
These are my favourite winter thoughts of PP,but since Ive grown older and the kids have grown up I like to more time in Pollenca and CSV.

Pine walk,early morning,sun rising over the flatwater,peace and calm.Kids feedind fish with "stolen breakfast bread"
The view across the bay from Mir de la Victoria,breathtaking!
Watching the sea crash in,on the Cala Barques beach at CSV.
The drive to Lluc and beyond,does it get any better?
Even the drive back from Alcudia along the coast,how heartlifting is that?
Sitting outside Hotel Juma,beer in hand,watching the world go by,even the business of the Sunday market! its just gets better.The look on the faces of the locals sat outside the Club Pollenca thinking "how did my town change so quickly?"
Proper shops that sell everything from a nail to a Ipod,hardware shpos that stock things you havent seen since you were a kid!
The wonderful knowledge that when you return you know it will have changed a little,but never enough to bother you.
And the food!
The tuna steak or the lamb chops at Il Giardino in the sq in Poll are superb!
Trencadora,super food in an old almond mill,so calming!
The grill restraunt,Modesto in CSV,a lovely quiet setting,the owners an avid Baca fan and his wife,a great grill chef!
The local lamb at LaPosada d Ariant at thebottom of the sq in Poll has never let me down and his range of Mallocan wine has got to be sampled.
Well,what else? the sun coming up,the sun going down,the people coming out ,the people going home,the everchanging shades of day and night in PP,they never fail to interest and impress.
Hope they continue to impress you all.
Bye for now.
Sponsored Links
Old 26-11-2006, 02:24
animagic21

I am always dreaming of being in pp, sitting on Pine Walk having a coffee and watching that beautiful, twinkling sea. I have never visited in Winter, but hope one day to be able to spend more and more time there. I live in Poole, where the weather is actually mild in winter, but I would rather be in pp always. What's worse is that the flight from Bournemouth only takes an hour and a half, so near and yet so far!!!!
Old 26-11-2006, 02:58

Well done Jonquet, you have given us a very poetic post about our most loved home here in the winter. I remember one from Chrislox also. The weather over the last few weeks has been pretty good, although I managed to miss some high winds when I spent the last five days in UK.
Have to admit that to have a quiet coffee that drifts towards a light lunch sitting by the water at the Stay on a Saturday takes some beating. Also wonderful to lock up the front door at night and settle down in front of a roaring fire beats the blast of summer air conditioning anytime.
Old 26-11-2006, 06:58

You are lucky.animagic,30yrs ago Poole was my PP,spent many hours crabbing on Poole quay with my son.
I once took a RYA powerboating course in Poole harbour, I remember doing a reverse manourve into the "Sunseeker" car or rather boatpark! very scary.
When you gaze upon Brownsea island just think of La Fortalesa!
Old 26-11-2006, 07:14

Thanks for your comment mallorcaboy,you are fortunate,I know winters in PP can be just as appealing as the warmer weather.Ive spent beautiful bright sunny days in the winter and brisk cooler nights walking back from a cosy winter dinner of local lamb and roast Sa Pobla spuds!mmm.
But you are spot on with the Stay,the fish is wonderful,on your plate and manage to keep you amused as the swim by the quayside.
Im always amazed by the fact that there always seems to be something happening in mallorca.I see today that a autumn fair is Sa pobla,a wild mushroom fair in Llubi and a honey fair in Manacor. Who says nothing happens in the winter?
Well,at in the village wher I live Santa is installed in the garden centre and the christmas trees are arriving.
Old 26-11-2006, 21:22

Animagic21, we must be neighbours! The first person on the site that comes from my neck of the woods (Bournemouth). And glorious though our coast is in the winter (spent last Sunday walking from Bournemouth pier to Sandbanks!!), I would still swap it any day for PP. In fact, 'any day' is getting nearer and nearer for me! Hopefully only one more winter 'here', and I'll be giving you first hand knowledge of 'there'.
Old 27-11-2006, 05:21
animagic21

Default winter thoughts of pp

Well Sandy, I know how lucky we are to live in Poole and here in Broadstone we are on the cycle path and can be by the sea in ten minutes...BUT... it's just not the same as PP. It's really strange to be so obsessed with one place, but at least I know that everyone on this site feels like me, so really I'm not strange at all!!!
Our family has booked to go to PP next August ---couldn't go last year, I'm almost counting the days already....hope you achieve your dream as well!!!
Old 03-01-2007, 01:49
MoMike

Lucky you, Sandy.

More like four years for me and The Lovely Mo, until we can spend longer than a week or two over in Paradise. We are going out on January 11th for a little "taster" of what winter is like.... though hoping the weather will be kind and be more like spring.
Old 23-01-2007, 00:28
MoMike

Just returned and the weather was very kind indeed.

Tuesday was overcast, but apart from that it was wonderful everyday. Thursday at 3:30, while the UK was being battered, Mo and I were taking lunch overlooking a tranquil bay at Soller in beautiful low sunshine.
Old 23-01-2007, 07:24
bonez1977

mmmmmmmmmmm sounds beautiful.... oh how i miss our beautiful PP... and no go this year as i have no body to go with .... i worry about going it alone..... so i just sit here in the dark evenings and dream of days gone by, the wonderful scenery, the fresh smell of the pines.... walking after breakfast and feeding the fish with 'stolen' bread rolls from breakfast at Eolo..... mmmmmmmmmm i do miss PP

love (depressed) bonez xx:rolleyes
Old 24-01-2007, 03:26

Bonez

If you really want to go to PP, why not take the plunge and book a few days somewhere central line the Eolo or the Diana. If you do it in high season, there are bound to be some families from the forum there and I am sure many many people would be only to please to meet up for a drink.

Also, think of our fave places like Los Zarzales, Boneys, the terrace at the Bahia ...... great places where you will be welcome on your own or as part of a crowd.

I havn't ever actually done it on my own , but last year I did go on my own with an 11 year old ........ who then met up with a friend of hers from home and spent hours playing with her ......... so I did spend a lot of time on my own and never felt vulnerable, never felt I stood out ......... I just spent time relaxing, reading and my fave thing .... people watching
Old 24-01-2007, 05:23
bonez1977

YAY!!! Dad just said he'd come with me!!! wo hoo !!
Old 24-01-2007, 23:34

Thumbs up get again for Restaurant Llenaire and David and Pedro! My sons were looking forward to a suckling pig on arrival on Friday, but they didnt have one in, so the boys had lamb shank instead. But David said they would order it for them on Monday. So down they went Monday night and were the only two in the restaurant! They were served with a wonderful dinner of suckling pig whilst David and Pedro then went and had theirs watching the TV!! Its just like being one of the family!!:b