Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Miscellaneous (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/)
-   -   Mr & Mrs Smiddys' Birthday in PP!! 1st Feb 2007 (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/2073-mr-mrs-smiddys-birthday-pp-1st-feb-2007-a.html)

smiddy 04-02-2007 05:40

Mr & Mrs Smiddys' Birthday in PP!! 1st Feb 2007

Got up at about 10am, opened both our cards, well i opened 1, wifey had a lot more. Had a leisurely breakfast then headed down to the hardware store to get some item for the apt. It was now about 1pm so we decided to take a stroll along the front, just at that moment the sun came out, nobody else around, strolled onto the beach at the Pascalino, one of the young waitresses was there, said hello!. Walked further along right past the Il A' Dor, weather beautiful, sunny, sea calm, blue,beach wind-swept, deserted about 18C slight wind, still on our own. Head back towards the centre, see the Joker and the Pascalino have their tables and chairs out, a number of people now sitting relaxing, sipping ,in the sunshine. "Jose" the owner joins us as we sit down, we chat away and he finds out its our birthday, he barks out kind orders to the Chinese girls who return a couple of minutes later with a "birthday cake" complete with sparklers. "On the house".

Take a walk around the harbour, past all the yachts, glistening in the sun, the mountains at our back, alone again. Fresh air in our lungs. Head down past the "La Longa", over the roundabout, wave to "Petra" at the "Luna de Mel", the beautiful Roumanian waitress who looked after us so well the previous night, Karaoke till 3am. She waves back!

Head into the "Mir" to buy some gin for taking back home, "Mr Chuckles" moves his mouth musles slighlty, it's the nearest i've ever had to a smile in all my years at PP.

Have been invited to pre-dinner drinks by our old friends Richard and Julie, call in to see them.

Head back home, have booked a table at "El Posito" who are opening tonight for the season. Get showered, smarten up, then head for Toni's 8pm

Mrs Smiddy:

Tumbet , "Cod, El Posito. 1 or 2 wee gin/tonics

Mr Smiddy:

Red Peperrs stuffed with Sea-food, "Cod El Posito"
Coffee, 1 bottle Rosado

Outstanding, and of course, Toni hadn't forgot our birthday, a bottle of chilled Cava.

And so to bed.

All in all, a wonderful, simple day, and PP turned out in all her glory. Just for us.

Jimbo the Jambo 04-02-2007 05:48

Smiddy,

Congratulations on reaching 21 y.o.a. What a milestone!, what an achievement.

Happy birthday
and, please can we have Mr. Pressley and Mr. Hartley back?

Cheers,

Jimbo

smiddy 04-02-2007 06:53

Smiddys birthday

Thanks, Jimbo, another year older, had to resist the temptation to play dominos with the old boys at the back of the Culture Bar.

jiggy 04-02-2007 08:51

Re: Smiddys birthday

Happy Birthday Mr & Mrs Smiddy.
I hope you both had a good one:x . Are your birthdays both on the same day? What a coincidence, so are Mr & Mrs jiggys, one year apart tho.
Many happy returns
Mr & Mrs jiggy:D

smiddy 04-02-2007 21:19

Smiddys Birthday

Thanks, Jiggy. Yes, the same day, tho i'm 4 yrs older. One of the reasons i posted my wee story. was i'd already said we were going over to PP to celebrate. As i've also already mentioned on a previous post our 2 kids also have a double birthday (27Aug). Think Mr&Mrs Smiddy will head for PP to celebrate that one too:lol

Would thoroughly recommend you whisk Mrs Jiggy over there to celebrate your birthday. Much better than the local "Food Fayre":lol

lizglass1 04-02-2007 21:44

Re: Smiddys Birthday

Jiggy and Jambo on the same post!
I was in chat room one night and Jiggy was there but I mixed him up with Jambo and accused him of being a Hearts supporter. But then he told me that Jambo had turn to the Gers, which I thought a bit odd.
Back to the subject. My husband took me to Pollensa for my birthday last year, specifically to go to Los Zarzales for dinner and it was closed the whole time we were there!
That was the weekend of 24th March ish. Manage some good food elsewhere though.

its cd 04-02-2007 22:54

Belated Happy birthday Smiddy's

What a fantastic Post

Every now and then you read a post which either makes you wanna be in PP NOW!!!!!!!

Or you read a post that makes you want to be the poster

Well yours did both

So glad you had such a great day and so glad you shared it with us

Can't wait for next years birthday

JH02JLH 04-02-2007 23:16

Hear, hear!!

You painted a lovely picture of PP with your words, smiddy.

Thanks for that,

Jane :D

BonysLad 05-02-2007 02:09

Re;Smiddys Birthday

Belated Birthday Greetings to you both Smiddy. Sounds like you had a great day. Will ya be around Easter ??

Best wishes

Bonyladette/BonysLad :D :D :D :D :D :D

CathB 05-02-2007 05:25

Re: Re;Smiddys Birthday

We normally holiday in PP in July (along with a close friend and her husband).It often works out that my friend and I both celebrate our birthdays in PP as there are 8 days between us -even better with the fireworks...they really shouldnt go to all that trouble ;)

smiddy 07-02-2007 08:48

birthday in PP

thanks to all for your good wishes
we have actually been on our birthdays before
in fact our first trip to Trencadora was on 1st Feb a few years ago, but thats another story
unfortunately our next "planned trip" (ever the optimist) is not until 22nd June and only for 2 weeks
so hopefully catch up with some more friends then :b

MoMike 08-02-2007 21:47

Re: birthday in PP

Great post, sounds a *perfect* day.

Your "Mr Chuckles" is known to us and our family/friends as "Mr Grumpy"... for obvious reasons.