Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-02-2007, 04:27

Default Radio 4 Travel Programme

Did anyone hear the travel programme about 3 today. I was travelling between workplaces and ended up driving reeeaaaallllyyyyyy slowly because it was all about Majorca.

AND WE HAVE SOME GOOD NEWS ( I THINK )

What I mean by that is , whenever I see or hear a travel programme about Majorca I get a knot in the pit of my stomach because I am convinced that some well meaning person will come on and wax lyrical about PP ( and it doesn't usually take long before it happens )

And we don't want that do we .... its our secret isn't it

Anyway true to form ...... second caller on started off about how he'd been to Puerto Pollensa ........ arrg I thought ......... here we go again, and it's national radio, its just at the time Mums are travelling to get their kids from School and we all know its us ladies who wear the trousers when it comes to selecting the family holidays, don't we girls.

And then I breathed a sigh of relief

He said and I will try to quite verbatum

"It was a nice family place, but very english. We went to a great restaurant called Little Italy, it was just a formica table type place, but the Pizza and Pasta were great"

The team in the studio rather jumped to the wrong conclusion and took the **** asking the poor bloke if he was thinking of going to Naples for some Tapas next year and started speaking about wanting callers who had been to the "New Majorca" which was more authentic and had places where they served real Majorcan food etc

Now here's the perverse thing ............. I would have been really annoyed if they had raved over PP because I don't want everyone turning up there ............... but I was also a bit incensed that they got the wrong idea of our beautiful place

How crazy is that !!!
Sponsored Links
Old 16-02-2007, 08:00
Founder

I heard it too (very clear over my my computer) & I actually rang up to respond to the comment on Puerto Pollensa and point out all the Mallorquin restaurants that were there but there wasn't time for me. So you nearly heard me on the radio....

You can hear it again via your computer - see Travellers Tree www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/factual/travellerstree/travellerstree_next.shtml
Old 17-02-2007, 02:40

Hi cd.
I heard the programme being advertised earlier in the day ( actualy i allways listen to the Archers, and they advertised travellers tree just before) so by 3pm i was parked up in a lay-by ( one of the perks of being a sales rep!!)
The caller who mentioned PP was about the only one who mentioned specfics eg Little Italia etc, some Mentioned Boutique hotel in Parma, agro tourism, Deia etc, but didn't mention hotels/restaurants by name.
I even posted a message on the BBC radio4 travellers tree board complaing about the lack of tips/advice the shows allegedly all about.
I took a different view to yourself but can see why you don't wont all the publicity abouut PP.
Next weeks programme is about Gap year ( mmm bit late for me!)
Actually Wednesdays play for today, was about two couples holidaying in Deia.
www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/arts/afternoon_play.shtml

Regards
Carl.

Regards
Carl.