Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-03-2007, 00:55
gache melee

Default Puerto or Soller?

I think I know the answer before I ask the question!
Hubby and I spent a fantastic week at the Hotel Illa D'Or a couple of years ago. I am keen to make a return visit but he has suggested we try Soller or Port Soller. What does anyone think?
Sponsored Links
Old 26-03-2007, 15:37

Default Puerto or Soller

Hi and welcome!

It would be churlish to say there really is no choice here, but as you have enjoyed a week in PP go back again, see different things, perhaps take an apartment, eat out in different and varied restaurants.

There will no doubt be many regulars to PS who think there is nowhere like it. PS and PP each sit around a bay with marinas and fishing boats and each has it's own charm.

PS and Soller can be visited by car from PP but is almost better done from Palma by taking a trip on the little train.

If you trawl back in the posts here there were some great reports on the train trip.

But hey! My view would be to go again to PP and be assured, you wont tire of it one little bit!

And doubtless there will be more advice for you!!
Old 27-03-2007, 03:47
gache melee

Default Re: Puerto or Soller

Thanks so much for your thoughts.
Old 27-03-2007, 17:24

I have to confess that my favourite place after PP is Soller. I have never actually stayed overnight here but have visited quite a few times. It is a beautiful town - very pretty.
Old 27-03-2007, 17:57

No choice in my book, have been to Soller many times like it for a day trip but not to stay in, not as many restaurant's to choose from, no prom, and very busy.

Time to put your foot down PP here we come.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:08

Hi,
Staying in PP for the first time in May though we have had a day trip before which we realy enjoyed so looking forward to our stay.
We stayed in P Soller in April 2003, Which we also enjoyed, stayed at the Marina Madrid hotel on the pedestrianised sea front enjoyed the alfreso breakfasts there and the evening entertainment while sat watching the beautiful sunsets.
I believe PS has had a 5 million euro face lift and now is nearly all pedestrianised.
Soller is a lovely town with a beautiful square with pavement cafes which the tram from Soller to the port cuts through ( amaized there's been no accidents)
i13.tinypic.com/2le3q5l.jpg
Some nice small hotels in Soller, and close by you've got Deia' and Valldemossa, or you can stroll to to lovely villages Biniaraix or Fornalutx.
Regards
Carl.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:49
bonez1977

Default puerto or soller

i stayed in ps about 2 years ago.... now being used to PP it was very different.... still, very beautiful, lots of walks and the tram/train rides too!!
the only thing i found (IMO) as a 'youngster' everywhere was closed by 9 pm and there were limited places to eat.(unless like we did, you get the tram to the main square and eat there every night!!)
we also stayed at the marina madrid hotel which is a very pleasent hotel with magnificent views, and is very quiet.
but a bit too quiet for me.
if you are looking for a beach holiday. with localised adventures, beautiful veiws and friendly folks, you are looking in the right place..... however, PP will always be the place for me, a more wider variety of resteraunts,cafe's,shops, people (lol), and closer to a wider variety of adventures... in the likes of alcudia and surrounding areas..... any way.... it's very much each to there own and the world would be a boring place if we all enjoyed the same stuff!!
wherever you choose to stay, i hope you have a wonderful stay ... oh and... both PP and PS are wonderful for fans of photography too.... enjoy your time.... and please let us know how your stay was ...
love bones xx
Old 08-05-2007, 00:18
mark1875

Default Re: puerto or soller

We have stayed in Soller at least 12 times and Pto Pollensa five times. After three years on the trot, we are coming back to PP this year as Soller and the Port are excellent but it is very, very quiet at night.

Port De Soller is fine for people with pre school kids or the older couples (50 plus maybe?), but Pto Pollensa has so much more to do for all ages whilst avoiding the Rentayob lot in the Bay of Palma or dare I say it, parts of Port De Alcudia?
Old 08-05-2007, 22:38

Default puerto or soller

Having just celebrated my 50th with some outrageous behaviour till 3am in The R Bar I'd just like to know what '50 plus maybe?' means!!!!!!!!!!!!

Am I getting older than I feel?

Graham
Old 08-05-2007, 22:43
smiddy

Default puerto or soller

50 is the new 20
Old 10-05-2007, 06:53

Default Re: puerto or soller

Ive recently told Jane that 40 is the new 21! There again, maths never was my strong point, and Ive only visited Soller for day trips and took so many photos that I probably wont need to go again for ages!!
Old 11-05-2007, 02:14
mark1875

Default Oldies :D

Sorry guys, wasn't meant as an insult, more a recommendation. I wont see 40 myself again! When I said over 50's I meant Port de Soller is relatively free of kids of school age.