Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Miscellaneous (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/)
-   -   Can we share our Weather Experiences? (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/2015-can-we-share-our-weather-experiences.html)

yelob 17-07-2007 21:02

Can we share our Weather Experiences?

I've been in My,June,July and September and have yet to have a full holiday without overcast skies.Any thoughts-is this normal,global warming?

I'd like to hear from people who have been there say ten years ago and what there opinions are then and now.

JH02JLH 17-07-2007 21:49

We visited in June 1996 and for three days we had thunder and rain. In fact, I went walking with my husband one afternoon and we were caught out by a terrific thunderstorm. Later, my husband told me that a bolt of lightening had struck the ground just behind me!:eek

We've been in May (fine and sunny), July (hot and thundery) and October (warm and very thundery). I think it may have something to do with the mountains that make the area so beautiful.

Jane:D

PS - And I just remembered - went in September once (2002)and it was rainy! But still had very good weather on the whole!

Lala70w 18-07-2007 00:14

We usually go in June/ July and have always had mainly sunny weather with the occasional shower/ overcast day. Last year it was unbearably hot and so this year I quite enjoyed the odd passing cloud and the breeze. Had 2 cloudy mornings in 12 days which allowed us to get off our butts and do something! Sunny by mid-afternoon. It rained one morning for 10 whole minutes and the ground was dry in 5! Bet it was before most people were even out of bed! Nicer for sleeping too - didn't need the air con every night.

We have been twice in September - once perfect blue skies 25 degrees other time rained for 2 days!

I agree with Jane - it's the terrain. It is so beautiful and green - I think it suggests that Mallorca gets more rain than some other parts (in the South) of Spain.

Lala :D

Miguel 18-07-2007 02:39

I was there for 10 days at the end of Nov 06 / start of Dec 06. For 5 days the weather was scorching (24 degrees), so much so we were out on the boat in the bay amongst the calm waters. The next 5 day were the complete opposite with high winds and storms. I suppose it is the luck of the draw !

Joanne 18-07-2007 03:16

We always go in August (since 1998) and we normally get at least one overcast day

sandy 18-07-2007 16:15

We've been going to PP for 12 years, and since buying our apartment, go every 2 months, so we are there at more or less any time of the year. To me, the weather hasn't been any different from 12 years ago. There is always going to be the odd cloudy day, windy day or wet day, along with the real scorchers. We've had lovely warm days in January (18 degrees) and cold wet days in September (14 degrees). I think on the whole this is normal for Mallorca.

Lala70w 18-07-2007 16:18

Sandy - how jealous am I? You go every 2 months :eek - need a lodger? :lol

sandy 18-07-2007 16:36

And why is it that 2 weeks after we're back, it seems ages since we were last there, and we start counting the days to go again! By next year, we should be there permanently. There'll be no stopping me then.

jessiebean 19-07-2007 16:37

We were there in June 2003 for two weeks when I was 5 months pregnant with my daughter and it was absoluately sweltering, constantly for the whole two weeks, never saw a cloud in the sky. I remember that back in the UK the Summer of 2003 went down on record of one of the hottest.

We visit PP twice a year in June and October - June has always been hot with a couple of overcast days, October 2005 was very wet, but with the odd sunny day and October 2006 was really warm and sunny.

Arrived this year at the start of June this year and it was raining!!!!

smiddy 19-07-2007 19:04

Weather experinces

We go about 3/4 times a year, must agree with all the above. Strangely, my favourite time is Jan/Feb, you get the place yo yourself, the roads are empty, it's usually dry with pleasant afternoon weather. I do recall being there around 1990, it was the first week in Oct, it rained all week, never heard rain so heavy,there was dead sheep on the beach which had been swept down from the mountains and they were smashing the drains with huge mallets because they couldn't cope with the amount of water.

sandy 19-07-2007 23:59

Re: Weather experinces

Wow, dead sheep on the beach :eek That sounds like an experience not to repeat. I too love Jan/Feb, its my favourite. The port is soooo peaceful.

James 20-07-2007 06:31

Re: Weather experinces

I've been in February (fabulous, blue skies, sun and 20ish deg C and the entire resort to yourself and a handful of other people!);

April (reasonable but windy, some sun but also clouds, 17 deg C);

May (best time of the year, blue skies, sun, hot mid 20s deg C);

July (hot, hot, hot);

August (generally hot, hot, hot);

September (hot but can be variable and humid with long and lasting thunder storms);

October (see September);

November (See February - fabulous, blue skies, sun and 20ish deg C and the entire resort to yourself and a handful of other people!);

December (Mixed. Can be strong winds and torrential rain but also similar to February with fabulous blue skies and sun and approaching the high teens and 20ish deg C on some days like Boxing Day 2006).:D