Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-07-2007, 02:57
jonesy

Default Grumpy old man

Evening all

Got back from PP on Monday........Back to Gloucestershire! We live on in the hill so no probs with flood although I do work in Gloucester, and it is a tad grim.
Anyway back to the subject in hand. Me and Mrs Jonesy (There's a song in there somewhere) have just had a great couple of week enjoying the festival, the weather, and all things PP. However........a few little things that I wonder if anyone else has notice or is it me? Food. Are all the menus becoming the same? I'm talking about restaurants in the 13 euros a steak range. Tried Zaza's Excellent but not as good as it use to be. Tried Tots for the lomo con col, truley awlful, tastless and obviously re heated! Tried Tangos, not bad but they still do the jacket potatoe in foil!!! Best of the lot by a mile was the neptune. Really good food, fast service. Close second Los Faroles, shame that everything comes with chips.
The beaches. Who spaced out the sun shades at the pine walk end? They could have saved money by putting up one big shade! The flag system on the beach. The red flag shown (I think because of a boat fuel spillage) Still people swimming. The yellow flag spells danger...but what danger!
What on earth is happening to Cal sa Vincente? It was dead and I mean DEAD! Formantor, what a dump. Spent 30 minutes on the beach untill the smell of sewage drove us off. Got the next boat home to PP.
I'm going on a bit but there are so many good things about PP that they let themselves down when the cut corners. Anyone else like to add anything or am I just a grumpy old man!

Jonesy8o
Sponsored Links
Old 27-07-2007, 05:05

You said it. :lol :lol
Old 27-07-2007, 05:34
jonesy

Default Grumpy old man

DOH!
Old 27-07-2007, 16:56

Default Grumpy old man

Enjoyed reading your post Jonesy.

So glad you had a great couple of weeks!

Everyone has a different "take" on the place, and we all enjoy ourselves in different ways!:\

Carry on posting and give us a few more hoots!:lol

Porto
Old 30-07-2007, 03:12
yelob

Agree,Formentor beach was a big disappointment.
Old 30-07-2007, 07:03

What was the problem with Formentor beach? :\ I'm amazed as my family and friends all love it.

It's our best beach .. the sea is crystal clear and has always been clean. I'd choose to go there everyday if I could and find the sea much fresher and nicer to swim in than PP.

When you got off the boat did you go to the beach on the left or up towards the Formentor hotel?

Debs
Old 30-07-2007, 14:22
jonesy

Default Grumpy old man

Morning all

We didn't get off the boat! We always like to take the bus over to scare ourselves. I find that hysterical wailing and praying hard for 15 minutes very refreshing! Then we catch the boat back. We went to the beach nearest the car park. I agree about the sea, that's why we go there but it was the smell from the sewers that drifted across. They must be the ones beneath the new cafe and toilets. We've been going over for 10 years now and that's the first time we've had a problem. What's happened to the guy in the wooden shed who use to sell tickets? If you go on the beach nearer the Pollensa Park in PP the seas a bit deeper and therefore cooler. I did notice a lot more weed this year (Well Mrs Jonesy did. I think she believes it's talking about her so she won't go near it) That's got to be a good sign as to the health of the sea.....hasn't it?
I'll post some more positive things soon,I just thought I'd raise a few points in the meantime.

Jonesy8o
Old 30-07-2007, 16:12

Hi Jonesy - you really made me smile. Just because you spotted some ...er areas for improvement doesn't make you a GOM in my opinion. Ever thought of being a holiday critic?
Old 04-08-2007, 04:26
Rodney Balboa

I have noticed a fall in standards in recent years. Rushed microwaved food etc.
That Burger King is a blight on the seafront.