Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2007, 03:12
Coral65

Default Street Musicians

Business must be booming because the two lads who come round with the accordion and fiddle every lunchtime and evening for the last three years (I certainly didn't hear them before that) have now taken on a guitar player. However they still just play the same tunes. Is it me or is it getting a trifle boring? I know they play well but I really hope they are not playing the same tunes next year. Wonder if they can play anything else?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2007, 03:13

The one with the fiddle appeared in Pollensa old town while we were having a meal at Ca'l Lloro. He played for a while and with the great atmosphere in the square it was quite enjoyable.

The people on the next table asked if he would play the theme tune from "Titanic" and he did his best. I've never seen either him or the accordion player in Pollensa before.

A few nights before this, two men arrived in the square and set up a guitar and speakers and sang a couple of songs from Brazil, including "The Girl From Ipanema."

Sadly for them (and us) a policewoman arrived and made them pack up and move on. A lot of people applauded them beacuse it was a pleasant background as we sat and enjoyed a drink.

Jane
Old 07-09-2007, 03:20

Hi Coral, I agree,boring,tedious etc,but everyday?not what you need when youre trying to relax,it doesnt add to the PP charm.

Sorry if lots of you dont agree but,Ihate say this,I cant see the charm or whatever you want to call it,fun is it,in that guy at Bonys.
But it takes allsorts,dont it!
Old 07-09-2007, 04:16
Jimsboy

I remember the fiddle player, named Daniel, from about 5 years back, when he was accompanied by an older man on the guitar. They were really worth listening to in those days but i feel, now ,that Daniel is just going through the motions and there is little or no depth to his playing, sadly.

Jimsboy.
Old 07-09-2007, 15:38

I agree that these guys have only appeared in the last 3 or 4 years. At first it was charming - for about 5 mins and then ARRRGHHHH!! :evil

About 2 years ago we asked fiddle guy to play "return to Sorrento" for us and he obliged - now sad to hear that it is part of his regular repertoire! >: Used to like that too - reminded us of Italy.

We did have a traditional guitar player/singer entertain us in Tiberi and he was brill. We thought he had been supplied by Tiberi as he was having a drink in their bar but it turned out that he too was a busker - and much better than the acordian/fiddle duo. If you ignored the body odour that is. With a good manager and some "Sure" deodarant that guy could go far! :lol
Old 07-09-2007, 19:58

I totally agree - we were getting totally cheesed off with them. At one point, we thought they were following us! My dad was offering to pay money so that they would stop and move on.

The one I love is Orlando who now seems to have regular bookings at various bars and restaurants. We remember him when he used to sing at Llenaire and he greets us like long lost friends when we see him now. He did a stunning version of 'Amapola' (hope that is spelt correctly) at La Batucada this year.
My husband asked for it and he just sang it on his own - it was lovely.