Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2007, 18:59
Joanne

Default The Weather Last Week

We came back from Majorca last Saturday 25th, our first week the weather was very good, the second week it was a bit changeable, how was the weather last week>
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2007, 19:00
terryw

Joanne
Our second week (last week) was much better than our first
It was quite hot, and more humid than I would prefer, but at least we didn't have the rain of the previous week.
A couple of those storms were horrendous - like a British summer !!!
Terry
Old 03-09-2007, 01:33
Joanne

Thats good I felt orry for people who came our second week
Old 03-09-2007, 06:02

The Friday of our first week (24th August) was horrendous.

We went into PP to change some money before the weekend and got caught out in a shower as we parked the car by the marina. We had to shelter under the awning by Stay restaurant for about 45 minutes until the rain stopped!

We then ran from the bank to Gran Cafe 1919 for a drink and watched everyone wandering around looking very miserable. I really felt for parents with young children - all they wanted was to be on the beach having a great time.

However, from Sunday onwards, it was very, very hot with not a cloud in sight.

Jane8)
Old 03-09-2007, 16:34

Knew the sun would come out as soon as I left on Saturday evening! Wasn't so bad for me as I had a child free week but I also felt for the families we met with young children. So glad they had a sunny second week. I'm using the rain as an excuse to justify another short break in October.......every cloud etc......
Old 03-09-2007, 21:58
pinewalkstroll

The weather for our week (18-25th August was very poor .:rolleyes

At least we used the time to look at the childrens new schools and apartments for us to live in. But i felt very sorry for a lot of people there with children who did look very feed up.

A good excuse to go back for a couple of weeks in the middle of October to finalize some business and catch some late sunshine
Old 08-09-2007, 02:41
Joanne

Glad the weather got better for everyone at least we have a very nice first week and we did have some sunny days the second week inbetween the downpours reminded be of 2002 when it was very bad
Old 08-09-2007, 07:21

Default Re :The weather last week

Hi Joanne.

Having done a post earlier in the day about the Borras, on reading yours re the the weather I well remember about that time the rain came down just about the time we wanted lunch. In 2001 or 2002! one or the other!

Now if I recall there was a Pizza place down near where O'Hara's Bar is now and as it was looking ominous we settled on a seat outside under a canopy. the rain got heavier and started bouncing through a gap in the canopy and we moved to a safer table two down.

No way !

It got worse and the waiter suggested we come inside . We did.

It got worse , Inside near the window the rain was splashing on the tables outside on to ours inside , by the open window.

And so, the waiter said move further in, so we did, and boy! Did it bounce outside!

People paddling outside, really havin' a la laff as someone says nowadays and the poor waiters had blades trying to keep the water from coming in the doors.

They didn't!:x

We were seated well inside far from the doors and enjoying our pizzas in the company, as you do in adversity, of lovely people, who like us were all sitting with feet up as the floor flooded. Naturally it didn't get as high as the Pizzas!!:eek
And of course , two hours later, after the torrent had gone off, everywhere had dried up, except the Pizza place where the staff were still cleaning up!:rolleyes

Well I mean, it's your hols, full of PP experiences!:lol
Old 08-09-2007, 15:30

Default Rainy days and Mondays...

Hi Portofan! :rollin

You reminded me of a similar experience we had - think was probably the same year but this time the venue was bar Katy on the Pinewalk.

Funny thing was that one man - he was a local - refused to come inside and continued eating whilst the heavens opened! :lol Eventually when it became almost biblical he was persuded (reluctantly) to pick up his plate and join us indoors.

Ten minutes later - sunshine.

Lala
Old 09-09-2007, 04:18

Default Re: Re :The weather last week

Portofan,

A normal day in Paisley then?

cheers,

jimbo