Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Miscellaneous (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/)
-   -   Is there anywhere in Spain similar to PP?!!!! (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/1974-there-anywhere-spain-similar-pp.html)

LouLou 11-09-2007 21:42

Is there anywhere in Spain similar to PP?!!!!

Hello Everyone

I've been renting villas in Pollensa and Puerto Pollensa regularly for the last few years with my family and we love it.

However, next year my hubby wants a change and is insisting we go to mainland Spain instead (I think he's gone mad!)>: . I've never been to the mainland. Can anyone recommend an area or resort that is the equivalent to PP. I would hate to end up at the equivalent of Magalluf!!

I hope someone can offer some advice.

Lou

ps. wasn't sure where to post this query - hope I havn't put it in the wrong place.

JH02JLH 11-09-2007 21:43

Hi Lou,

Funnily enough, jiggy asked this question some time ago and received a good response. Here's the thread he started:

p221.ezboard.com/Anywhere-like-PP/fpollensaforumfrm23.showMessage?topicID=604.topic

Hope this helps!

Jane:D

allanglens 12-09-2007 16:45

I posted on the last thread about St. Gilles Croix-de-Vie, and was there for a fortnight this year. In many ways it could be compared, but it isn't Spain, its France, and to many people that could be enough of a difference!

But I was talking to a client recently, and he mentioned that he had a holiday home in a place which, although smaller than PP, seemed to have most of the ambience. The village of Llafranc is between Barcelona and the French border, and is about 1/2 hour drive from Girona airport (I think). Never been there myself, but looking at various websites it seems to have possibilities.

HTH

allanglens

LouLou 12-09-2007 17:33

PP substitutes

Thank you for your replies, they're really helpful.

Jane, I've had a look at the previous thread now, thank you - think Nerja is worth investigating.

Allanglens - I'll have a look at Llafranc too, thank you.

I'll let you know where we book although if I have my way it will be PP!

Portofan 12-09-2007 18:48

Re PP substitutes

Hi Lou Lou and welcome.

After ten years of coming to PP, and loving it, we tried Port Cambrils on the Spanish mainland earlier this year and were impressed.

Here is the link.

p201.ezboard.com/fthetapa...21&stop=27

Worth doing a dig on google and if you have maps.google again you can have a look.

Good luck

Porto:D

pops 13-09-2007 04:13

pp substitutes

Lou Lou

Went to La Franc many years ago and beaches in surrounding resorts very pretty and old town of Begur abit like Pollensa old town too.

However, I had 2 really enjoyable weeks in Nerja this summer (the company helped;) and found it beautiful. The weather was fantastic for the whole time. Eating out was very cheap . I love to eat in tapas bars away from the touristy areas and we were having 3 tapas and 2 alcoholic drinks for just over 4 euros a time. One meal in a popular tapas restaurant which was kindly recommended by Portofan last year cost us 12 euros for 2 courses, drinks, and free shots for the two of us. And not a British dish in sight. We couldn't believe it.
I found Nerja very Spanish and the old town of Frigliana just a few minutes drive away is worth a visit too. Although did find the area of Burriana busy and quite British. As we wern't staying that end of Nerja we didn't venture in more than once though having said that when we visited Nerja last October, Burriana was much quieter and so the beach was so different out of high season, and it really is pretty.

We had an excellent day quad biking in the mountains with a Spanish guide and was amazed to see mangos ,advacados growing as well as citrus fruits grapes almonds prickly pears etc.

I absolutely love PP and for many years owned property there and couldn't imagine anywhere else but PP, however, Nerja, with its pretty beaches, waves (its close to the Atlantic) and windy streets and tapas bars was a fantastic experience too.

Pops

CathB 13-09-2007 06:17

Re: pp substitutes

I too can recommend nerja...first went there in the mid 70's,again late 70's and early 80's and went there again a few years back...although it has grown (there used to no houses at all via the cliff top walk to Burriana beach) the main part of the town had not changed much at all..the Balcon de Europa and surrounding streets were still the same...I have to say Nerja was my "first love" but has almost been replaced now by PP ;)

belll 08-10-2007 03:08

Re: pp substitutes

May be in Costa Brava you can find something similar.
Please could you fill this survey (enquestes.ibit.org/phpsur...php?sid=2) about what information do you need to plan a travel? Thank you very much