Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-10-2007, 20:06
Brummie

Default Advice re. possible hol next March

My wife and I have been back from our hol. in PP for only a month and can't wait to visit again! We're considering 2 or 3 weeks starting early March 2008. We want to make our own arrangements this time (fed up of tour companies' packages) and would really appreciate some info. / advice from this forum. Hope this is the right thread for this item.

ACCOMMODATION - we're OK with this aspect.

FLIGHTS - Has anyone arranged their own flight from Birmingham (we'd prefer Brum but we'd consider other UK airports) and can recommend an airline?

TAXI from Palma to PP and back - there are quite a few ads for companies that do this, but would anyone like to make recommendations (or warnings)?

WEATHER - Searching the net gives a contradictory, confusing picture of what weather to expect at that time of year. Any seasoned PP residents who'd like to comment? We're not after blazing sunshine (though that would be acceptable!!) - just don't want a lot of rain or cold winds.

WI-FI ACCESS - Is there a reliable place in PP with this facility that would be open then? (It'll be a sort of working holiday - we're taking a laptop and need regular, reliable internet access to be able to email.)
Sponsored Links
Old 30-10-2007, 20:07
Founder

Hi Brummie,

it's great that you are considering another trip & I'm sure that you will receive plenty of responses but please can I ask you to repost each of your questions to the approperiate forums. This makes it so much easier when people are looking for information.

There is a separate forum for Flights, Taxis and Internet Communications Weather discussions tend to go under Miscellaneous!

Thank you for your Co-Operation,

Webmaster
Old 30-10-2007, 22:51
Brummie

Sorry about that, webmaster. I've split up the questions and put them on the appropriate threads - including the weather question on this thread.
Old 30-10-2007, 23:06
Brummie

PS. And I've got some good info. re. taxis and wifi communication from the threads you linked to - which I should have consulted in the first place!
Old 31-10-2007, 02:33
joey36

Default taxis

Hello Brummie
Just click on Transport (on the left) and Taxi Conde will be the first to appear.We have used them for the last 16years and Jose has been waiting for us at the airport without fail every time.Try them i guarantee that you will not be disappointed.Also arriving in a Mercedes with blacked out windows is cool.

Cheers Joey36
Old 31-10-2007, 02:42
joey36

Default internet access

Hi Brummie
I should have included this in the previous post.If you click on eating out (to your left) scroll down and near the bottom is an advert for Cafe Caramba which has internet access with broadband.Never been in but it has got a few good reviews elsewhere on the site.

Joey36
Old 31-10-2007, 22:25
Founder

Default Re: internet access

Sorry guys,

but please can you post responses in the appropriate forums. It makes it so much easier when people are looking for information.

Thanks,

Webmaster