Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-11-2007, 02:35
millymol

Default Any help / advice please

help/advice needed please--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello all members
any advice or opinions would be appreciated
after months of looking we finally got a good deal and brill flying times to the Apartments bahia pollensa
any members tell me about puerto pollensa is there anything for the children to do outside of the hotel are the bars family friendly is there a waterpark or anything else in the area
family of 12 going from 1 years to 60 years old do like a drink and a bit of enteriament but do not really like 18-30 type thing hope this a family resort

the apartments have had some mixed reviews any members stayed there lately can anyone tell me anything about these apartments
can you get to western water park and the pirates show from puerto pollensa or is it to far away do the reps do these also what is pinewalk
thank you for any help
Sponsored Links
Old 26-11-2007, 03:01

Puerto Pollensa if fab for children , a wide sandy beach at one end and a narrow shaded beach which is excellent for pottering round the shallow sea with a fish net and bucket .....

The bars all welcome children and families and are the types of bars that families want to take children into ( ie not innapropriate behaviour or rowdiness ) ... go and sit outside Bony's in the square and just watch the children squeal with delight when Jose throws sweets around for them tochase after, and when they are not doing that they will no doubt be joining the other children of all nationalities playing with one another in the square or football on the beach

There is a waterpark in alcudia .... easy busride away .....as well as a coupld of bigger ones in the south

Depending upon the age of your children there are places to rent Kyacks, learn to windsurf and to ride horses all within walking distance of where you are staying

As for 18-30 ... PP is about as far from an 18-30's resort you could get, without being somewhere totally isolated.

As for the apartments, I am sorry I have never stayed there but I think there are some reviews in teh accomodation section of this site.

There are travel companies in the port who arange excursions and also a few companies on this site that I think you can pre book through

And finally , the pinewalk is a beautiful walk with lovelly villas on one side and the narrow beach and shallow waters on the other ...... it starts at the end of the main paved area where the cafe's and restaurants are and finishes at the military base, just past the Illa d'Or hotel ..... a fantastic location for a Cafe con leche
Old 26-11-2007, 06:39

Wasn't this exact same question asked on the Accommodation section a few days ago???

Jane:eek
Old 28-11-2007, 05:32
millymol

hello
thank you its cd you have put my mine at rest it sounds lovely
yes it is the same question but i wanted info on puerto pollensa as well not just the accommodation so was reccomended to put the question into another forum
thank you for your help/advice
Old 28-11-2007, 06:27

Default Help advice....

Hello Millymol.

I live near the Bahia Pollensa Aparthotel.
I haven't read the reviews, but I have spoken to people with families who have stayed there, and they all seemed very happy.
As I write this there is a lot of work going on at the Bahia Pollensa. It started as soon as they closed for the winter, and I mean a lot of work!
There are lots of familes with young people who stay here during the season and lots are Swedish...nice people.
The Bahia Pollensa is situated in the Llenaire area of the Port.
The beach at the end of the road.....Calle Llemonera is great for kids. The whole port is great for kids.
Llenaire is about 20 min. delightful strol into the Port.
On the way into the Port (10 mins) there are some family friendly cafes etc.)
If you want to go to Pirates or Son Amar, it is possible to do it yourself, but doing it through the reps. can be cheaper.
Other places, Alcudia etc. are a bus ride away.
The Pine walk is at the other end of town. That's not a problem. Walk into town, have a coffee, walk the Pine walk.

I hope this is useful.

Frito
Old 01-12-2007, 09:45
megkill

Default Re: Help advice....

totally agree with CD
been taking our kids (now 9 and 5) there for a good few years now and its perfect for families.
There is also pony riding in alcudia....but the fishing with nets on the PW is the fav activity of my two....and Jose in Bony's........ and Bar Cultural with its internet access in the square.....and the square playing with the other kids.....and all the sand sculptures.....and the evening stalls.....shops.....beach....and most of all the freedom to run around and express themselves in a safe environment
hope it goes well
K
Old 03-12-2007, 16:17
millymol

oh thank you so much
i am so glad it sounds lovely and great for the family
frito thank you for all the info do you know what building work they are doing it does not say anything about any refurbisment or anything like that in the brochures
again thank you all members for you help i am very greatful pp sounds a lovely and safe place to take the family i cannot wait to go
Old 04-12-2007, 00:20
Founder

millymol,

hopefully our members have now given you a good dea about the resort in general. If you have any further questions on the specific accommodation, please would you post these in the accommodation forum.

Thanks very much

Webmaster