Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-12-2007, 04:53

Default 2007 PP Memories

Ok guys .... now is the time to share your 2007 PP memories as a gift for all your forum pals

Ok I'll go first

My first sight of the Pine walk from just outside the Illa d'Or as I arrive for the first visit of the year, it never fails to take my breath away

The fireworks on the beach on Fiesta night

Meeting Snowy and Mrs Snowy for a drink in Bony's

Watching 2 teenage gorls still enjoying the simple pleasures in life like fishing with a net of the pine walk

The snow on top of the mountains when we visited on a cold day in mid November
Sponsored Links
Old 19-12-2007, 07:46

Again...great post!

For me it was:

Early morning sunrise over the mountains...

Taking the boat over to Formentor

The atmosphere in Pollensa square

Our goats at the villa

Getting to flat road after lunch at La Victoria! Phew!

Jane
Old 19-12-2007, 07:49

For me just arriving at Palma Airport.

You know in 45 minutes you will be in Heaven
Old 20-12-2007, 17:40

Floating on a lilo in the pool at the villa with a glass of Sangria and a book - bliss :\

Scary drive to Formentor in July :eek

Late evening sunshine and cocktails with friends at Bar Orange

Chocolate mousse at O'Lume

Dinner under the stars on Pine Walk - Little Italy in September

A little bit of heaven - many memories to keep us going until June
Old 21-12-2007, 03:54

Default memories of PP

Desperately trying to converse in Spanish with the lady in the Baker's near the roundabout.

The first G&T of the evening at the Illa d'or

Walking along the pine walk very first thing in the morning, sea like a mill pond, hazy sun coming up over the mountains.

2nd G&T of the evening at the Illa d'or
Old 21-12-2007, 05:53

Default Re: memories of PP

March - first trip of the year. Drinking coffee outside Cafe 1919 deciding how much to offer for the apartment we wanted to buy.

April - our first real holiday of the year. Back to all the usual eating places - Tiberi; Cafe l'illa; Tolos; La Font de Gall.....
We also took possession of our apartment.

May - a two day trip to buy all our furniture! It was not a relaxing trip but we did manage a lovely meal in Ca N'Olesa.

July - first holiday in our new pad - excellent.

August - holiday with our son before he started nursery the following week - no more off peak holidays!

October - 11 whole days in PP - yipeee - apart from the weather. That is my lasting memory not a single day without rain of some description. The worst October weather we ever recollected - but we still love the place.

If my husband were completing this his lasting memory would be the first visit to Caprabo (for every trip) - it always signals the start of the holiday for him. Can't get him near a shop in the UK!
Old 26-12-2007, 21:20

My hubby as well sharon!! He hates shopping too but we both enjoy the first trip to Caprabo to stock up on food and booze Then once you've unpacked that great feeling of 'coming home' and the thought of the wonderful days stretching ahead of you!

Lying on the beach at Formentor, late afternoon the sun going down, with a good book and a chilled San Miguel.

Getting in the shower covered in sand after a hot day!

Alioli at Tolos

Skinny dipping in the sea at 3 am when we stayed on Pine Walk:eek

Sitting drinking coffee on the balcony very early in the morning, when the sea is like a mill pond. Watching and listening to PP waking up... the joggers along PW , the waiters putting out tables and chairs, and sometimes seeing my girls giggling and staggering home from a night at Chivas!!

Opening the door to our apartment for the first time after we'd completed on it

Lunch on the balcony prepared by eldest daughter who gets very creative when in PP!

Jumping off the rocks at Cala :eek

Going to Ca'n Costa and spending a great evening with bella, her hubby and son

The feeling I always get after a few days in PP.. totally chilled out and relaxed 8)

Debs
Old 28-12-2007, 19:20
davvva

Late May early June our 1st trip to PP. Absolute bliss.
Too many to mention
Walking along the front so peacefull and not a football shirt in sight.
The color of the sea at Cala
The trip over to Formentor and just lazing on the beach.
The market days (Mrs D) and different colors
The food (must have put on 1/2 stone)
Walking around Pollenca's narrow streets
Dissapointed not to try skinny dipping like debz maybe next time
Empty beaches were glorious
We could go on and on and on

The tranqulity of the place is amazing and cant wait to return

davvva
Old 31-12-2007, 23:28

Buying an umbrella in August

Running for shelter from the rain in flip flops

Breakfast at Mollies as the sun came out

Relaxing on the beach in October

Chilling with a large glass of vino rosado in the late summer sunshine

Breakfast on the terrace at Hostal Bahia watching the early morning bathers

Hope to do it all over again in 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
Old 03-01-2008, 02:45

Buying a pair of shoes with a watch on! ... The shoes - not me - although I did have a watch on at the time, which was sometime in the afternoon!
Old 03-01-2008, 20:37
ahmurray

2007 was our first ever trip to PP, but definitely not our last.

For me it was one night after a meal out, strolling along the pine walk, our kids (then 1 and 4) pestered us to buy these rolling wheels on sticks which you push along (with balls in the centre) which make a clack-clack noise. they then proceeded to cause carnage by running in all directions and laughing hysterically. The looks on people's faces as they tried to avoid them I'll never forget. Then they went for an impromptu paddle in the perfectly still sea, and got competely soaked, so we stripped them off (it was lovely and warm). They were having so much fun and giggling it took us about 30 mins to round them up and get them back in the car so we could get them home to bed. Wonderful memories of a lovely place.

Going back in June 08. Would love to buy there!!
Old 05-01-2008, 20:13
bee66

Default Re: memories of pp

although we always visit pp we love to stay in csv. Having said that when we have the grand children its usually alcudia. On the plane coming into Palm they now look for the windmills as we have always done.My favourite memory, and its the same every time, is getting off the plane and feeling the warm majorcan air. I feel as though we are coming home, only wish we were.
PS Its csv in september, can't wait
Old 12-01-2008, 03:00

Default 2007 PP memories

Readers of a sun loving, fun loving disposition should log off now!:rolleyes

Heading towards PP and seeing the snow on the mountains and wondering what the town would be like.

Coming through Pollensa and seeing the council guys sweeping up the fallen leaves.

The palpable sense of excitement on reaching the roundabout at Caprabo and then noting which shops bars etc were open coming toward the seafront.

Reaching the seafront and getting off the bus last.The half dozen or so fellow passengers who had exited first seemed to have vanished in to thin air!
No wonder!:rolleyes

Sunny, but a cutting icy wind off the bay, plenty of "white horses" on the water and looking in either direction ,lucky to see a handful of souls braving the wind!

A,wander along the front, up to the square, deserted, the falling leaves blown up in your face then along past the Hostal Bahia , amazed at the sand washed upon to the Pine Walk, and nobody, but nobody there! No sand sculptures, nowt!

See my photos on Flickr.

Brave souls, or mad, sitting outside at Stay, in the sunshine, round the corner where the boats come in!

Not the PP you recognise? No and it wasn't the one I know either!

We were on a short visit to Palma and decided to have a look at PP way out of season and picked the coldest day in mid November! After coming home noticed it had warmed up and some posters have confirmed that in their posts.

Often wondered what it might be like on a cold winter's day! Now I know!:eek

Looking forward to lovely weather for next visit!

Porto
Old 24-01-2008, 05:59
Tony Roan

Default Memories

Best memories of PP? They start as soon as we walk from Palma airport to the taxi rank. The now much quicker journey via the new road/motorway to PP and the apartment on the Pine Walk. Everyday from then on is wonderful and magical. The stresses and strains of everyday life just evaporate. Get up early, sit on balcony over-looking the beach, a leisurely breakfast, gentle stroll along Pine Walk, cup of coffee somewhere, read the paper, do a bit of window shopping. Stroll back to apartment, balcony again, read a book or do crossword, sudoku, drink. Chill out. Evening meal in one of the dozens of great restaurants. Everyday day of every holiday just gets better and better.
The good thing is - all those memories help to get us through these long wet miserable days of a British winter.
Only 201 days to go before we’re in PP again!
Old 12-02-2008, 22:59

Arriving at the airport - collecting car and just driving up to PP. Lunch at Sis Pins (couple of beers), then off to see villa/apartment for first time. Always excited and never know what it is going to be like.

Oh I cannot wait - 3rd May - this time Pollensa Town - but will go in to PP for meals now and again.

Sandradee