Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Miscellaneous (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/)
-   -   The New Tapas Bar (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/1934-new-tapas-bar.html)

pollensa 05-02-2007 17:15

The New Tapas Bar

Dear all,

after a lot of discussion regarding a general forum for matters NOT related to Pollensa, Jane has successfully created the The Tapas Bar as a separate forum.

Please use this for all your general discussions but do post anything 'Pollensa' related here so that visitors to the web site will benefit.

If you have difficulty posting to the Tapas Bar, this may be because you registered as a 'Local User' to the Pollensa forum. If so you will need to re-register as a Global User & you can then use any ezboard forum.

JH02JLH 06-02-2007 22:13

Thank you very much Zelda!

The new forum is still in its infancy, but I do hope that people will come and join!

Jane:D

Keithmarwell 06-02-2007 22:30

Hello Zelda and Jane
I am still having trouble logging in to the Tapas Bar, I know I am thick but it needs a little bit of Female Logic I think
Regards Keith

pollensa 06-02-2007 23:44

Hi,

this applies to anyone having problems. First check whether you are a Local or Global user. Do this by Viewing your Profile - either click on your name in one of the posts or go to Control Center (top left) & then View Profile.

It will show something like:

pollensa
Total Posts :: 1510

I am a Global User so I can post to any forum. If you are a Local User you can only post to the Pollensa Forum. In that case go to the Tapas Bar & register again. If you register as a Global User then you can use this new user name for both forums instead of having to switch between 2 profiles. To do this - click here global_user_register

Hope that helps,

Zelda

Keithmarwell 07-02-2007 05:39

Thankyou Zelda am now a global user
Regards Keith

graham 07-02-2007 06:40

tapas bar

CAn't seem to log in.. Will try later. But a great idea.

pollensa 07-02-2007 17:37

Re: tapas bar

Graham,

you are a LOCAL user - see the post above - so you will need to register as a GLOBAL user to use both forums.

Belladonna 07-02-2007 18:09

....Or open new free Hotmail a/c to stay a local user just for TapasBar.

Sara4 12-02-2007 00:05

Ok - I might be being really dim here but I have just tried to change from a local user to a global user and it is saying that I can't because I already have an account registered to my email address. Does this mean that I have to cancel my local account and then start again, but register as a global user?

Can anyone help?

pollensa 12-02-2007 00:30

You don't have to cancel your local account but you will need to re-register as a global user with a different id (can be very similar) if you want to use another forum. Once you have a global account you can use this for any ezboard forum. Am afraid you cannot change a local account to a global account.

its cd 12-02-2007 01:30

Sara

You will probably have noticed that a few of us have had the same problem and now have slightly different names

like"itscd" rather than "cd" and Jiggy2 instead of jiggy

but they are a clever lot in here and they soon work out who we are ;)

graham 12-02-2007 02:38

tapas bar

STILL can't do it. Must be absolutely thick!! But I'll keep trying. Have tried with a new username but it doesn't like it.

Cocoa07 12-02-2007 03:07

Thank you - have done it but have had to change my user ID from Sara4 to Cocoa07!

Every other variation of Sara I tried was already registered to as my dog is called Cocoa and she was walking past at the time, I have changed my ID to that!

Very confusing - but I have got there in the end!

Thanks,
Sara

alidee 12-02-2007 03:22

re tapas barHave

Have to agree with everyone else im really struggling to open global account to post on the tapas bar.Ive tried three times now without success im adding a number to my username is that enough?Im not a regular poster but would still like to be able to give a little input now and again.

pollensa 12-02-2007 03:33

Re: re tapas barHave

Basically your username needs to be unique amongst the thousands of other users so just try & think of something original (e.g. your Car Reg!)