Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

Like Tree16Likes
  • 3 Post By debz1
  • 4 Post By Miller
  • 3 Post By Teacu
  • 3 Post By car77
  • 1 Post By littlebird
  • 2 Post By Miller

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2024, 20:43

Default Packing for early April

Hi everyone - thanks for the advice on transfers - we’ve got something sorted, fingers crossed!

Next question- we’re over the second week of April and we’ve never been that early in the year before. I can see from Sparky’s old weather reports that temperatures are in the late teens. This might sound stupid but what does that really feel like in PP? I’m trying to figure out what kind of clothing, jackets etc to pack….

Thanks gang
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2024, 21:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebird View Post
Hi everyone - thanks for the advice on transfers - we’ve got something sorted, fingers crossed!

Next question- we’re over the second week of April and we’ve never been that early in the year before. I can see from Sparky’s old weather reports that temperatures are in the late teens. This might sound stupid but what does that really feel like in PP? I’m trying to figure out what kind of clothing, jackets etc to pack….

Thanks gang

Pack layers. The days should be warm but you may need a sweatshirt, cardi or light jacket. You will definitely need the pre mentioned in the evening, as once the sun goes down it will be chilly.
Sparky, Lorenzo and littlebird like this.
Old 03-03-2024, 12:12

Quote:

Thanks gang
I suggest you do what my better half does. She travels with an almost empty case and seems to spend every day visiting every shop and market stall trying to fill it up!
I do not complain, much, as it means that I can spend my time usefully by collecting as many different beer mats as possible whilst waiting for her.
Old 03-03-2024, 16:51

I find that collecting beer mats on holiday can be an extremely time consuming and exhausting hobby. Sometimes, after a particularly long expedition, I can hardly stand up..
littlebird, Tangoman and Miller like this.
Old 04-03-2024, 09:52

As Debz says. I usually consider it as Summer clothes during the day (with a cardi/hoodie available) but Winter clothes in the evening. You can usually be in a bikini on the beach during the day if the sun is out but there are chilly winds, so may need to find a sheltered spot. In the evenings you need a lightish anorak/coat and jeans I find. The sun is strong when it is out so need your suncream!
Sharonh, Sparky and littlebird like this.
Old 09-03-2024, 10:33

Thanks everyone! That’s super helpful. Mr Bird is looking forward to expanding his beer mat collection too
Miller likes this.
Old 09-03-2024, 11:31

Quote:
Thanks everyone! That’s super helpful. Mr Bird is looking forward to expanding his beer mat collection too
Glad to be of help. Unfortunately Mr Bird may find that it could be more than his collection expanding if he follows my ways.
No worries though if you follow my wife's hobby there are plenty of shops where you can replace his wardrobe.
I find that elastic waist versions are best as they revert to their original size for the start of our next holiday.
Have a good time.
littlebird and Tangoman like this.