Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Rockape
  • 3 Post By James
  • 1 Post By Miller
  • 1 Post By Deanscroft
  • 1 Post By PP76
  • 1 Post By mike_dublin

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-11-2023, 12:50

Default Passport issues and upcoming return to P.P.

Hi Guys
We've booked a return visit to P.P. after a 12 year Hiatus, so we're looking forward to our return in mid April ( Tui's Black Friday deals just too good to resist. E.G. 2 weeks half board at the Illa D'or with good flight times and transfers for £1,340 p.p. seems a bargain to me, I'm sure we paid more than that all those years ago). We've been to P.P. 3 times previously and always found this site to be a font of all knowledge regarding the local area, with knowledgeable members only to happy to help and pass on their experiences. We do have a slight none related issue in that we went to Ibiza in May of this year and on exit our passports weren't stamped, we did make the Tui representative aware of this at the gate but she just poo pooed our concerns and said it wasn't a problem, I did point out that it may be an issue on arrival on our next visit to an E.U. country. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue considering the 90 day inference as our passports look as though we're still in Ibiza, though we do have a hard copy and app confirmation of our boarding passes ( I'd hate to have our dreams of a P.P. return dashed on arrival at Palma Airport, a bit like my football team who occasionally snatch defeat from the jaws of victory). Looking forward to reacquainting myself with the site and members. Any help would be very much appreciated, The Tui shop manager when we booked the other day said it wouldn't be an issue though he would say that wouldn't he lol.
Thanks
Carl
Sponsored Links
Old 24-11-2023, 17:41

I have no idea how they log when you come and go from various countries, but one thing I do know, is that they have no interest in checking your passports for previous stamps on arrival at Palma.

So it would be of no concern to me.
carl1955 likes this.
Old 24-11-2023, 18:04

The main advice I have read on this is that, in the event that an exit stamp is not entered into your passport when leaving the Schengen Area, you should keep your boarding pass. This is considered good evidence that you did, in fact, leave notwithstanding the absence of an exit stamp should officials in a Schengen territory ever seek to check your compliance with the 90/180 stay limits.
carl1955, Rosie34 and Tangoman like this.

Last edited by James; 24-11-2023 at 19:10. Reason: Typo
Old 25-11-2023, 11:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockape View Post
I have no idea how they log when you come and go from various countries, but one thing I do know, is that they have no interest in checking your passports for previous stamps on arrival at Palma.

So it would be of no concern to me.
If questioned at passport control on arrival, which is very doubtful unless you look and are acting suspiciously. False nose, beard and wig etc. OOPS! sorry if you and/or your partner do. You could always point out that you are still airside with tickets and boarding passes etc. that demonstrate that you have just arrived from the U. K.
It would be unwise to visit a tanning studio before you travel or they may not accept that you have over wintered at home.

Have a great holiday. You will probably have more trouble going through control here.
carl1955 likes this.
Old 26-11-2023, 10:44

If you have the latest type of 'smart' passport then it is swiped on entry and exit and, presumably, the information is kept either on the chip in the passport or on a central data base.
carl1955 likes this.
Old 26-11-2023, 12:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanscroft View Post
If you have the latest type of 'smart' passport then it is swiped on entry and exit and, presumably, the information is kept either on the chip in the passport or on a central data base.
The problem is that no one including our solicitor knows how or if they monitor movement in on out.
Lorenzo likes this.
Old 31-03-2024, 10:02

In regards to passports, make sure, they are not exceeding the 10 year rule.
See further info in the articles below

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-68677938
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-68675348
El Gordo likes this.