Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

Like Tree300Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2022, 23:42

Default How did you discover PP ?.

Sparky - believe me, I’ve tried but I cannot work out how to start a new thread. This may have been done before, and it may or may not be a good idea, but I thought it would be nice to discover how the contributors to this site first discovered Puerto Pollensa. What do you think ? If you’re agreeable, can you start a new thread. Otherwise, please delete this message .. thank you
Bill
Sponsored Links
Old 13-08-2022, 10:03
Super Moderator

Your wish is my command Bill .
Sharonh, El Gordo, Lorenzo and 1 others like this.
Old 13-08-2022, 11:03

By mistake many years ago but so pleased we did. Clicked on the wrong "PUERTO..." on a website and got hooked.
Next best thing was clicking an another website by mistake and finding this website.

P.S. I have never managed to open a new thread either. Not sure where I am going wrong. Perhaps Sparky may be wary of some of my comments!
Old 13-08-2022, 11:47

Over 40 years ago. Thomas Cook advertised 7 Nights Ill,Ador hotel with a free Fiat Panda,
Bed Breakfast and evening Meal.Full lenth front Balcony over looking the Port.
Returned the next year. And have been 3 times a year ( Except or Covid) ever since.
Staying in All sorts of Private Appartments and Hotels.Seen a lot of changes Some Very good a few not so good.We still miss El Ancla. Leo, Anna and the rest of the crew But all still meet up to talk about the old times. Lets hope we will remain well enough to carry on visiting for the next 40 Years. Oh See you all From 15th September.
Disorderly, Sharonh, debz1 and 8 others like this.

Last edited by Roy&Myra; 16-08-2022 at 10:33. Reason: typo
Old 13-08-2022, 13:26
Super Moderator

Instructions for starting a new thread are here https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com...new-topic.html
Sharonh, El Gordo and Luckyone like this.
Old 13-08-2022, 15:52

We began our holidays to Majorca in 1984, choosing between two hotels - one in Font de Sa Cala (near Cala Ratjada) and the Romantic in PP. we chose Font de Sa Cala and had some lovely holidays there. However on one trip, we decided to have a look at the Romantic in PP, and were hooked! Then a few years later when we decided we would like to buy our own property PP was firm favourite. So in 1994 with the help of Rob McCallum Estate Agent ( sadly Rob is no longer with us) now run by his daughter Nicki McCallum, we bought our first apartment in Pinaret, later moving to another nearer the beach. We have had some
wonderful holidays over the years, as our family have grown (we now have seven grandchildren). They have all grown up loving the place, and one of our daughters recently bought her own apartment, so more room for family holidays.
Unfortunately, we are not as fit as we used to be, but hope we have a few more years to enjoy our favourite place on earth.
Disorderly, Sharonh, debz1 and 9 others like this.
Old 13-08-2022, 16:01

Smile

In 2015 we were looking to make our Summer break. We had made repeat visits to Cyprus, Lanzarote and Estartit (Costa Brava). Having been once before as a family to Mallorca, we decided to consider it.
Whenever we have booked somewhere new, we always treat the descriptions as though they were written by estate agents (apologies). When reading reviews we also look to see what it is the reviewers liked or disliked - maybe they wouldn’t apply to us. Furthermore, we use Google Maps to get a factual view of the area both for distances and satellite pic. Google Street View also was of benefit.
So, in conclusion, we made a wise and informed choice and have returned there ever since for Whitsun and high Summer holidays.
We recommend to everyone to whom we speak, the beach, beach bars, restaurants, Old Pollensa and Old Alcudia.
To use a phrase I try to avoid, it ticks all the boxes.
Disorderly, Sharonh, debz1 and 5 others like this.
Old 13-08-2022, 16:22

A friend had been a Thomas Cook rep in PP in the late 70’s and she persuaded her mum to buy and apartment in Pinaret. We went to Alcudia on our honeymoon on a budget holiday, which cost £99 for a fortnight with full board! We drove to PP one day, but unfortunately it was an overcast, quite chilly May day and I wasn’t that impressed We then went for about 4 years, when the kids were young, to another friend’s mum’s apartment in Gandia, not far from Valencia on the Costs del Azahar. We loved it there, so when my friend suggested we went to her mums apartment in PP I wasn’t that keen, after our experience of the first visit. Well let’s say we never looked back although we did revisit Gandia on a journey to PP and it is lovely, but not as lovely as PP. We’ve been going for 34 years now and bought our apartment (also in Pinaret) 18 years ago, so I think we’re well and truly hooked
Old 13-08-2022, 17:52

In 1991 we came to Mallorca for the first time staying in an hotel in Porto Colom with our two sons, then aged 8 and 7. We hired a car for a couple of days and took a drive around the whole island. Emerging from the bustle of Alcudia we drove around the Bay of Pollensa and along the seafront to the Port. “What a stunning place” we thought and vowed to return.

In 1994 we came back and enjoyed our first villa holiday and have done so every year since. The boys still come with us every year, with partners and grandchildren and we’ve been lucky enough to buy an apartment here in 2018 so we’re in for the long haul!

My elder son celebrated his 40th birthday at Zarzales this July……sheesh! Makes you feel old.

We’ve never regretted the day we discovered this fabulous place.

PS - What a brilliant idea for a thread!
Sharonh, debz1, El Gordo and 6 others like this.
Old 13-08-2022, 18:22

My twins were 40 this year too and they still holiday in PP every year.. now with our grandchildren. The next generation of PP lovers! ❤️
Old 13-08-2022, 19:13

Forgot to mention, we now have a great grandson! He will be two next month and is coming to Pollenca for his first visit to celebrate with our granddaughter & partner. Like you say Debz, the next generation of PP lovers.
Disorderly, PP76, debz1 and 6 others like this.
Old 13-08-2022, 19:46

We first visited in the 1970s We stayed in Alcudia originally as it was cheaper We also stayed in a small Hotel at I think was Aucanada ? outside Alcudia we used to in those days hire Scooters and didnt worry about trips to Sa Colabra!

We remember driving to the Illia Dor along the sea front Im sure there was a rickety bridge somewhere along there We went to Soller Can Picafort but as soon as we found Port de Pollensa that was it We sometimes do a trip to Palma for several days but PP is our restful place and we rent apartments South beach is our favourite area We have done the Greek islands Italy etc but always feel at home in PP

It changes but not too much
Disorderly, Sharonh, debz1 and 5 others like this.
Old 14-08-2022, 00:34

Sparky - how long do you get to prepare a message before you’re ‘timed out’ (and the message disappears into the ether). I thought I’d better tell my story, not short, but not overly long, and then ‘poof’ it’s disappeared. Very frustrating..
Old 14-08-2022, 08:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacu View Post
Sparky - how long do you get to prepare a message before you’re ‘timed out’ (and the message disappears into the ether). I thought I’d better tell my story, not short, but not overly long, and then ‘poof’ it’s disappeared. Very frustrating..
Write it in Word first.
Sharonh and Sparky like this.
Old 14-08-2022, 10:19
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacu View Post
See this thread, https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com...lost-post.html