Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Miscellaneous (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/)
-   -   How Much is the Tourist Tax this year (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/14782-how-much-tourist-tax-year.html)

scotslizzy 23-07-2021 15:14

How Much is the Tourist Tax this year

And is you are staying more than a week do you still get a reduction >

Thanks

Scotslizzy

Tiggy 23-07-2021 15:44

If you google eco tax ...you will find online calculators ,input your accomodation type , dates and number of guests and hey presto ...for example " Ecotax Calculator Balearic Islands - SapoSoft "

scotslizzy 23-07-2021 16:06

Thanks

Will do

Scotslizzy

Teacu 23-07-2021 23:34

Out of interest, do the local council have to reveal how much Tourist Tax they collect in any one calendar or financial year, and how it is spent ?

Tiggy 24-07-2021 09:30

if you were to google for example ....sustainable-tourist-tax-helps-the-natural-environment-on-mallorca you will find an article from the Euro Weekly giving one example of how the tax is distributed

Julian Simms 24-07-2021 14:05

Apparently one shouldn’t believe half of what the press say about this tax.

According to someone I know, a big chunk has gone into buying and building “social” housing and subsidising hotel rooms for illegal immigrants.

Another chunk has been to create worthless seasonal jobs for unemployed people who happen to be family members of important local people.

In other words it is being spent by politicians to buy votes before the next election is held. Of course none of this will be published in the MSM so as not to upset us gullible foreigners who cough up for this con, especially nowadays when they should be greeting tourists with open arms and not taxing them even more.

Sparky 25-07-2021 09:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julian Simms (Post 133544)
Apparently one shouldn’t believe half of what the press say about this tax.

According to someone I know, a big chunk has gone into buying and building “social” housing and subsidising hotel rooms for illegal immigrants.

Another chunk has been to create worthless seasonal jobs for unemployed people who happen to be family members of the current party in power.

In other words it is being spent by the PSOE party to buy votes before the next election is held. Of course none of this will be published in the MSM so as not to upset us gullible foreigners who cough up for this con, especially nowadays when they should be greeting tourists with open arms and not taxing them even more.

Please, no political debates, that is not what this forum is for.

Julian Simms 25-07-2021 13:53

My apologies. Original post has been edited.

scotslizzy 28-07-2021 09:06

2 euros per day

I got a reply from the maricel apartments via mirimar hotel the others day. So at least I know what the exact amount is.
On another note just back from the isle of tiree the most wonderful beaches and weather to keep us going until we get to our happy place .
Scotslizzy

El Gordo 28-07-2021 14:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotslizzy (Post 133575)
I got a reply from the maricel apartments via mirimar hotel the others day. So at least I know what the exact amount is.
On another note just back from the isle of tiree the most wonderful beaches and weather to keep us going until we get to our happy place .
Scotslizzy

Well then... What was the Tax?? :rolleyes: :D

Sparky 28-07-2021 15:20

Yes, please share it with us ;).

scotslizzy 28-07-2021 16:29

Ooops

2.20 per day ! Think it depends on the accommodation rating.

Cheers

Scotslizzy

Teacu 28-07-2021 17:10

Tiggy - if I’ve got the right article, it’s to do with forest fire prevention. Very commendable, but is it for the tourists to pay for ? I would rather something was put towards rectifying the sewerage system, for example..