Puerto Pollensa Travel Guide
Before You Go
Flights
Package Holidays
Latest Special Offers!
All-Inclusive Hotels
Hotels & Aparthotels
Private Villas/Apts to Rent
Villa Companies
Local Rental Agents
Cruises
Car Hire
Airport Transfers & Taxis
Travel Insurance
Late Deals!
Currency
Holiday Shopping
Background Info
Language
Books
Events & Fiestas
Climate & Weather
Art & Culture
Flora & Fauna
Links
Discussion Forum
Once You're There
Maps
Airport Directions
Tourist Information
Eating Out
Buses & Trains
Music & Entertainment
Excursions & Days Out
Shopping & Markets
Kids
Beaches
Walking, Cycling
Boat Charters
Sailing/Watersports
Market Place
Boats & Yachts
Property For Sale
Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

Like Tree95Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 06-04-2021, 23:03
Sparky's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Port de Pollença
Posts: 18,701
Default

Pedro Sanchez has announced that the state of emergency in Spain will end on the 9th May, so hopefully things will return to normal .
Disorderly, PP76, El Gordo and 5 others like this.
__________________
Living the dream in PP with my glass half full. .
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #32  
Old 07-04-2021, 17:51
*****
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lancaster
Posts: 785
Default

Gemini Bar and El Posito await, Lyn!!
Sparky and Tangoman like this.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 07-04-2021, 20:20
*****
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Bangor, Northern Ireland
Posts: 501
Default

Where is Gemini? I always k new about El PPosito!!
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 08-04-2021, 07:19
*****
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 372
Default

According to the majorca daily bulletin restrictions are being eased from the 12th of April and you will no longer require a reason to enter Majorca however the terraces will still shut at 17:00.

Obviously you will still require proof of owning property in Majorca to be allowed to leave the UK. This does not affect holidaymakers.

Last edited by hoopy; 08-04-2021 at 07:27.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 08-04-2021, 08:51
Gommar Goffer's Avatar
*****
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: PP permanently
Posts: 1,629
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangoman View Post
Where is Gemini? I always k new about El PPosito!!
Behind the church.
__________________
GG
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 08-04-2021, 10:00
Sparky's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Port de Pollença
Posts: 18,701
Default

Current restrictions on bars and restaurants will remain at least until 26th April.
I think this is grossly unfair because hotels can serve lunch and dinner inside, it doesn't make sense .
__________________
Living the dream in PP with my glass half full. .

Last edited by Sparky; 08-04-2021 at 10:23.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 08-04-2021, 17:58
*****
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lancaster
Posts: 785
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
Current restrictions on bars and restaurants will remain at least until 26th April.
I think this is grossly unfair because hotels can serve lunch and dinner inside, it doesn't make sense .
Whatever country you live in you have governments making up rules that don’t always make sense. In the U.K. I can have a tradesman (from goodness knows where) working in my house, but not my own family.

It seems the rules have the harshest effect upon the smaller businesses. Do the hotel groups have a stronger voice and better “connections”, I wonder? Not that I’m cynical or anything! LOL
Sparky likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 08-04-2021, 18:07
*****
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 656
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopy View Post
According to the majorca daily bulletin restrictions are being eased from the 12th of April and you will no longer require a reason to enter Majorca however the terraces will still shut at 17:00.

Obviously you will still require proof of owning property in Majorca to be allowed to leave the UK. This does not affect holidaymakers.
Are we allowed to enter if we own a property, (once international travel is allowed by Boris)? I thought it was only to prepare to renting it out
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 09-04-2021, 06:25
*****
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 372
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallorcaboy View Post
Are we allowed to enter if we own a property, (once international travel is allowed by Boris)? I thought it was only to prepare to renting it out
Or to be involved in a purchase or sale.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 09-04-2021, 10:13
Rockape's Avatar
*****
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Surrey
Posts: 403
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopy View Post
Or to be involved in a purchase or sale.
Currently there is a loophole for travel for the above reasons. The latest info is based on travel from May 17th, which is now going to be based on traffic lights and testing.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 09-04-2021, 10:40
fil6699's Avatar
*****
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: PP and Yorkshire
Posts: 847
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockape View Post
Currently there is a loophole for travel for the above reasons. The latest info is based on travel from May 17th, which is now going to be based on traffic lights and testing.
there is no loophole because you also have to satisfy the Spanish authorities when you land that you meet the current criteria for arrival into Spain and your reason for travel is to return to your main place of residence . So yes you may depart on a plain from Uk .But the chances are you will be turned around and put back on the plane when you arrived my flight to the UK on Tuesday had 2 such passenger on board. my advice would be to sit tight for now unless you have to travel for work or other reasons of urgency. I think you will find the border control in Spain will not see painting an apartment . or looking to buy a property as a legitimate reason for entry . Also remember now its not a case of scanning your passport and away you go you now have to have your passport stamped so you are face to face with an officer who will question your reasons for arrival and the Spanish government had made it clear it is that official who will decide if you can enter or not.
please read the UK government web site carefully re travel.
Between covid and Brexit . I am afraid UK citizens are being made to suffer.I have to travel to UK for work so I have been living this ever growing nightmare for over a year now.
Sparky and clinkham like this.

Last edited by fil6699; 09-04-2021 at 10:43.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 09-04-2021, 14:40
Rockape's Avatar
*****
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Surrey
Posts: 403
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fil6699 View Post
there is no loophole because you also have to satisfy the Spanish authorities when you land that you meet the current criteria for arrival into Spain and your reason for travel is to return to your main place of residence . So yes you may depart on a plain from Uk .But the chances are you will be turned around and put back on the plane when you arrived my flight to the UK on Tuesday had 2 such passenger on board. my advice would be to sit tight for now unless you have to travel for work or other reasons of urgency. I think you will find the border control in Spain will not see painting an apartment . or looking to buy a property as a legitimate reason for entry . Also remember now its not a case of scanning your passport and away you go you now have to have your passport stamped so you are face to face with an officer who will question your reasons for arrival and the Spanish government had made it clear it is that official who will decide if you can enter or not.
please read the UK government web site carefully re travel.
Between covid and Brexit . I am afraid UK citizens are being made to suffer.I have to travel to UK for work so I have been living this ever growing nightmare for over a year now.
Blimey.....what a recurring nightmare this is turning out to be. It certainly appeared to be a loophole, from the UK side, but as you say, theres no accounting for those pesky Spaniards!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What a feeling! jonquet Miscellaneous 1 23-02-2007 06:12


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:19.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
(c) Copyright Holiday Webs Ltd 2011