Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

Like Tree403Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-06-2021, 13:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
Bars and restaurants will be allowed to open until 2am from this Saturday .

It will also be permitted to sit at the bar (no standing) but only until midnight, i really don't get that .
Is just in case we fall off a high bar stool
Sparky and Tangoman like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 16-06-2021, 14:15
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyone View Post
Is just in case we fall off a high bar stool
As i am vertically challenged i can't even get up on most of them .
debz1, Tommo, varsp and 1 others like this.
Old 17-06-2021, 11:15

Quote:
As i am vertically challenged i can't even get up on most of them .
A sign in many pubs etc. states " No vertical drinking". This always makes me smile as after a couple I find it impossible anyway!
Sparky, Rosie34 and Tommo like this.
Old 18-06-2021, 11:25

Hope all well with you, Sparky!! Not seen a post from you.??
PP76, Sparky, mike_dublin and 1 others like this.

My FlickR Photos
Old 18-06-2021, 17:43

El Gordo, all’s well. See my post under “Absent Friends”
Old 19-06-2021, 12:59
Super Moderator

From 26th June we can go outside without masks .
El Gordo, Lorenzo, Rosie34 and 1 others like this.
Old 19-06-2021, 16:15

Quote:
From 26th June we can go outside without masks .
After we returned to the UK at the end of March, from our enforced absence, it really felt strange not wearing a mask outside. We often forgot to remove our masks after leaving shops. We felt safer with them on!!
Sparky likes this.

My FlickR Photos
Old 19-06-2021, 18:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
After we returned to the UK at the end of March, from our enforced absence, it really felt strange not wearing a mask outside. We often forgot to remove our masks after leaving shops. We felt safer with them on!!
To be honest, I feel there’s a greater need for masks in the U.K. than Mallorca. I do think Spain is mad to allow unvaccinated and untested Brits into their country, given that we have abundant “ Curry Covid” to share with them. It’s the 18-30 age group that seem to be the spreaders of this variant now, so allowing unvaccinated younger people into Spain makes no sense to me at all.

That said, I’m grateful we can now go, Amber rules or not, and hope that our own government changes the rules, as currently reported, to allow no quarantine from Amber countries for vaccinated travellers.

We’ve been back for two days and have had a Track and Trace visit and several phone calls. Given that we fully understand and comply with the rules, it doesn’t feel like living in a free country. They might as well have tagged us when we left the airport.

Rant over!
Old 19-06-2021, 22:13

Curry Covid????!!!!!
Tommo likes this.
Old 19-06-2021, 22:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz1 View Post
Curry Covid????!!!!!
Sorry, I should have said “Delta” variant. Apparently renamed to avoid causing offence. I can’t quite understand why people were allowed to travel to and from the origin of the “Delta” variant when it was clear just how serious a problem it was there. Thank you government.
Sparky, clinkham and Miller like this.
Old 20-06-2021, 10:12

Very surprised you have had a visit from track and trace! Last year we had a few phone calls when we returned and expect that again when we go home. Not sure when that will be as BA cancelled our return flight in mid July and our back up Ryanair flight has been moved forward twice to a date too soon to go home. We are going to see what happens with govt announcements next week and may decide to stay until end of July. The testing is a cost but well worth it and plenty of options in the port for pre departure test. Everyone has welcomed us. The port is quiet - as well as the restaurants - no need to book anywhere! Well worth coming - we are enjoying ourselves.
Tangoman likes this.
Old 20-06-2021, 18:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol View Post
Very surprised you have had a visit from track and trace! Last year we had a few phone calls when we returned and expect that again when we go home. Not sure when that will be as BA cancelled our return flight in mid July and our back up Ryanair flight has been moved forward twice to a date too soon to go home. We are going to see what happens with govt announcements next week and may decide to stay until end of July. The testing is a cost but well worth it and plenty of options in the port for pre departure test. Everyone has welcomed us. The port is quiet - as well as the restaurants - no need to book anywhere! Well worth coming - we are enjoying ourselves.
I was surprised, Carol, that it was so soon after we arrived. We landed on Thursday evening and the Track and Trace visit was at 9-45 on Friday morning!

We plan to visit again in just under 3 weeks time with our sons and families. Their length of stay very much depending upon the quarantine rules. We’re hoping the Government will remove quarantine, subject to Day 2 test, for those double vaccinated, as we all are. Our worry is that the Spanish will impose restrictions on Brits entering because of our “Delta” variant. Hopefully they might still allow people with double jabs and pre-departure negative tests to enter, but I honestly wouldn’t blame them if they did.
Old 21-06-2021, 09:20

EU Covid certificate (passport) - For those of you who have been vacinated here and wish to travel to other parts of Europe the covid "passport' is now easily available. There is a desk inside the entrance hall at Inca Hospital. No appointment necessary. Just take proof of ID and NIE. They look you up on their database using your NIE number and issue the certificate there and then. Its open all day Mon - Fri + Sat mornings. I understand that it is intended to make them available online but the syatem is not yet up and running.
Old 30-06-2021, 20:12

Sorry guys, this just hitting the national press this evening in the UK:

PARTY'S OVER? Ibiza and Majorca holidays ALREADY at risk as Covid cases double in last 14 days.

Travel expert Paul Charles, founder of PC Agency, revealed that Covid cases on the island have doubled in recent weeks.

He wrote: "An emerging dilemma for the government - the Balearics, which join the green watchlist today, have seen their 14-day infection rate more than double in the last 10 days, to 84/100,000."

He added that while it was just one of the criteria used for determining the risk of a country, alongside genome sequencing and the variants, it could put the green destination at risk.

It comes just days after thousands of students were forced into isolation across Spain, after 850 tested positive in Majorca.
Old 30-06-2021, 21:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy View Post
Sorry guys, this just hitting the national press this evening in the UK:

PARTY'S OVER? Ibiza and Majorca holidays ALREADY at risk as Covid cases double in last 14 days.

Travel expert Paul Charles, founder of PC Agency, revealed that Covid cases on the island have doubled in recent weeks.

He wrote: "An emerging dilemma for the government - the Balearics, which join the green watchlist today, have seen their 14-day infection rate more than double in the last 10 days, to 84/100,000."

He added that while it was just one of the criteria used for determining the risk of a country, alongside genome sequencing and the variants, it could put the green destination at risk.

It comes just days after thousands of students were forced into isolation across Spain, after 850 tested positive in Majorca.
I hear Paul Charles also quoted news if any could be in next 72 hours. Hope not.

Also, media reporting Spanish Students could be transported to mainland Spain by boat tomorrow (those who are negative).

Everything crossed that all stays Green.