Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Miscellaneous (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/)
-   -   Just Tormenting Myself (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/14512-just-tormenting-myself.html)

scotslizzy 01-04-2020 10:51

Just Tormenting Myself

looking at yu tube videos of PP . We are booked for July so hoping we can get there.
Must admit some of the videos are looking rather old in view of the changes along the seafront especially stating info about the bus station etc.

Lets all hope that we can come over and spend as much money as possible to give PP a much needed boost.

Take care
Scotslizzy

Disorderly 01-04-2020 17:29

With so many tragic deaths in Spain so far, I suspect that, despite the tourist industry being absolutely desperate to see visitors again, the Spanish may well be very wary about letting folk into their country. Will we need Certificates of Immunity, or proof of (so far a long way off) vaccination before being allowed in? If things don’t get back to normal quickly, and airlines fail as a result, flight costs would be horrendous. I truly hope that I’m being overly pessimistic, but it wouldn’t surprise me if 2020 is a complete write-off. To quote Jack Reacher.....”Plan for the worst, hope for the best”!

scotslizzy 02-04-2020 07:01

Hate to agree but

think your right. Spain who has had it really hard would not want to take any chances allowing tourists in without the certificate you mention. And since UK at present are in a right guddle about testing, certificates of immunity will not even be on the radar and rightly so.

Need to stay positive and if not this year 2 trips next year.

Anyone have an idea of what future insurance premiums will be like once the immediate crisis is over ?

Scotslizzy

Shaun&Caro 02-04-2020 08:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotslizzy (Post 129440)
future insurance premiums

Not sure about premiums, but all the while the Foreign Office advises against travel to Spain, many travel insurance policies are invalid right now :eek:

copper 02-04-2020 11:38

Think our visit for June is very unlikely now

It isnt suddenly going to disappear No idea when lockdown here is stopped ( know it will be extended ) how they will start people moving again will be very difficult

In Italy even though their fight is nowhere near over they are starting to let parents take their children out for a walk as they are fearing unrest in the community They have been suffering this much longer than Spain and UK particuarly the north of Italy where we have family living

We will return next year if allowed !

El Gordo 02-04-2020 12:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by copper (Post 129444)
Think our visit for June is very unlikely now

It isnt suddenly going to disappear No idea when lockdown here is stopped ( know it will be extended ) how they will start people moving again will be very difficult

In Italy even though their fight is nowhere near over they are starting to let parents take their children out for a walk as they are fearing unrest in the community They have been suffering this much longer than Spain and UK particuarly the north of Italy where we have family living

We will return next year if allowed !

We visited in January.
We are supposed to be there now and June, but glad we are at home!
September/October will be very unlikely even if flights start again.

Hopefully 2021 will bring good health to all.
Hang in there folks, Stay Safe x

SummerSun 02-04-2020 23:04

Supposed to be out in June. Trying to rearrange fo 2021. Stay safe everyone.

scotslizzy 30-05-2020 08:52

Cancelled July but opinions for September please

Do you think September might be a better choice for a wee visit?
Can change flights and apartment ?

Decisions decisions .

Scotslizzy

jat 30-05-2020 14:21

September weather is lovely , a bit cooler ! We had our Easter flights cancelled by Easyjet with a full refund but haven't booked a later visit as yet .We are feeling nervous about the whole airport , aircraft experience .What are your thoughts on that ?

scotslizzy 30-05-2020 14:52

Hate to agree but

as everyone else on this forum we love looking forward to our visits to PP and although we have booked for next year we are still looking at coming over in Sept. But as you state airports etc are the problem.

We flew back from Costa Adeje Tenerife on 17th March (our normal flight but lots more flights put on due to Spain in lockdown). Airport was a nightmare had to sit outside as airport fit to burst .Nothing opened for eating or drinking . Flight delayed and it did bring home the enormity of the situation.

I don't expect the same problems to arise in September (unless of course there is a 2nd wave ). I am really torn between booking or leaving for a while to see how things pan out.

Scotslizzy

Disorderly 30-05-2020 17:44

We have flights booked with EasyJet on 1st July for a 19 day stay in our apartment. We’ve decided that if the flight goes, we go. I understand that Spain will not be imposing quarantines upon visitors, but in deference to the locals, and all they have been through, I think for our first week we may avoid eating/drinking inside bars and restaurants, despite social distancing.

By understanding how this dreadful virus is spread, and acting at all times to protect others, the risks can be minimised but will never go away for a very long time. Sadly there are plenty of “I’m all right Jack” idiots who haven’t the first idea what responsibility really entails. I hope they don’t choose to visit PP.

If we do fly on that first day of travel, I’ll post our experiences of airport/aircraft/entry at Palma Airport. And we will be super careful how we behave once we arrive.

Let’s not be afraid - be vigilant, thoughtful, responsible, courteous and careful.

scotslizzy 31-05-2020 09:42

Great

I think most people on this site would be interested in your feedback and also how PP is once you arrive.

Strange thing is I am confident (as much as anyone can be at this time ) that all measures deemed necessary will be in force once we get to PP .So that will not be as much a worry as the airport and flight is.

Scotslizzy

katsmum 31-05-2020 13:15

What worries me is that you can’t socially distance on a plane and the wearing of face masks frankly scares the life out of me when the government don’t seem to think they work in stopping the spread of the virus

Luckjon 31-05-2020 17:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotslizzy (Post 130044)
Strange thing is I am confident (as much as anyone can be at this time ) that all measures deemed necessary will be in force once we get to PP .So that will not be as much a worry as the airport and flight is.

Scotslizzy

I have been impressed with the care that owners/workers in business in PP have been taking about social distancing and cleanliness. I came here for a short winter break but had my return flight in March cancelled - as have been all subsequent re-booked flights - so am still here. The way that local supermarkets enforced 'rules' from first days of lockdown have established good practice here and whilst not everything is perfect I feel safe here (in fact I rather be in lockdown here than in my home in London!).

So your confidence is not misplaced and like you I worry more about airports/flights etc.

sws97sdg 31-05-2020 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotslizzy (Post 129440)
think your right. Spain who has had it really hard would not want to take any chances allowing tourists in without the certificate you mention. And since UK at present are in a right guddle about testing, certificates of immunity will not even be on the radar and rightly so.

Need to stay positive and if not this year 2 trips next year.

Anyone have an idea of what future insurance premiums will be like once the immediate crisis is over ?

Scotslizzy

Our travel insurance was renewed recently and was about the same price, but With exceptions for Corvid, which basically means you are not covered for anything virus related Including delays or cancellations