Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

Like Tree135Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-10-2020, 11:27

[QUOTE=pollensafan;131466]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_dublin View Post
https://www.majorcadailybulletin.com...-mallorca.html

Re The Public toilets.,,, Do we think they will be completed on time which would leave them flushed with success or will they just be done at their convenience. .

I know, I know. I'll get me coat.
Don't let us get bogged down with this subject. I do not like toilet humour!!!
pollensafan, Roy&Myra and Tangoman like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 15-10-2020, 11:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy&Myra View Post
Don't tell em your name Tel.
There is still a shortage of Loo rolls in Waitrose Ruislip.
I'm not surprised there's a shortage. He died in 2006 and I only remember him for one song (you'll never find snother love like mine).

sorry to the younger set that have no idea who I'm refering to.

Can I offer an apology to anyone that thought the quips couldn't get any worse.
They just did.

My opologies to Madam "S". I know it went off topic, but lord knows we need a chuckle in these times.
Rosie34 and Tangoman like this.

Last edited by pollensafan; 15-10-2020 at 11:32.
Old 24-10-2020, 11:12

https://www.majorcadailybulletin.com...-mallorca.html

Quote:
Pollensa town hall plans to create systems of ecological buoys in unspoiled coves such as Cala Murta and two floating piers in the Albercutx area of Puerto Pollensa for the mooring of yachts with a maximum length of four metres. In this way, the town hall hopes to put an end to illegal anchoring. As an example, in summer 2019 the town hall counted 129 boats that were anchored in the area reserved for bathing off the Albercutx beach.

However, the recently formed Association for the Defence of Puerto Pollensa (ASDEPP) is suspicious of there being floating piers. The port area, it says, has already been degraded as a consequence of the condition of the seawater, which stems from there being an inadequate drainage and sewage system. Installing these pontoons would further detract from the beauty of the area, "which has made the port a leader in the history of tourism on the island".

The floating piers project has been on the table since 2013 ...

The piers would be located next to the Passeig Colom and be connected to two breakwaters - one where the Passeig Colom starts and the other next to the military base. Respectively, they would have capacity for 93 and 91 boats. ...
See full article (and picture) on the MDB website
Old 06-11-2020, 15:37

https://www.majorcadailybulletin.com...-swimming.html

Quote:
Parts of the Bay could be closed to swimmers

The opposition Junts Avançam at Pollensa town hall have demanded that Mayor Cifre's administration prohibits swimming in certain areas of Puerto Pollensa - the party has specified Albercutx, Ullal and Tamarells.

In a statement, Junts say that they had called for a ban in the summer because of the "alarming results" from water analysis. They note that analyses, both private and public, coincided in highlighting the worrying situation. The levels of coliform bacteria (typified by E. coli) were above legal limits.

Over a month ago, the town hall's environment councillor, Maria Buades, said that the condition of the water was no worse and that the number of spills was no higher than over the past five years. While an admission of the persisting nature of the problem, her words were also intended as a criticism of Junts for having presided over four years of spills while running the town hall.

Junts have as good as accepted that they should have done more, so the current administration can't be wholly blamed for a situation which it in any event believes to be characterised by "specific" incidents. The administration has also queried the veracity of private analysis of water samples.

Specific or not, the evidence does appear to be mounting, and a prime concern, which is shared by businesses in Puerto Pollensa, is for tourism next year. After the trials of 2020, the last thing that's needed is a problem with the beaches. There is a political row between Junts and the administration, but there are voices, such as that of the Alternativa per Pollença, calling for an end to the politics and for some meaningful action.
see full article on the MDB website
Old 06-11-2020, 17:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_dublin View Post
https://www.majorcadailybulletin.com...-swimming.html

Very interested reading this...when we were out in early Sept there was a spot facing Placa Joan Cerdo were when the sand (in the sea) was disturbed the smell was like a sewer. 100 yds to the right appeared completely different - I wasn't worried cos the green flag was up...but it did puzzle me.
Old 07-11-2020, 13:37

We noticed the problem September 2019. The photo in the article shows the beach next to Tamerell's restaurant a day after a fairly heavy storm when flood relief was required. At the time we wondered why such action was neccessary.
Obviously the drainage mains could not cope with the inundation. I wondered when looking inland that the largest obvious origin of the large amount of effluent was the Pollencia Park Hotel.
Does this demonstrate that the services are not adequate for the amount of habitation in the port.
Old 16-11-2020, 16:41

https://www.majorcadailybulletin.com...-pollensa.html

Quote:
We understand that many of you back in Britain are missing Pollensa and Alcudia. So we have a small treat for you! A fantastic photograph taken by the Balearic government of the two bays.

The message from the Balearic government is hope to see you in Pollensa and Alcudia soon.
see picture on the MDB website
Sharonh, marilyn, Luckyone and 3 others like this.
Old 24-11-2020, 08:55

https://www.majorcadailybulletin.com...mmodation.html

Quote:
Several hotels staying open in Pollensa

Four hotels in Pollensa are keeping their doors open despite the difficulties caused by the coronavirus crisis, which is good news for tourists who visit during the low season.

The hotels that have accommodation available are Apartaments Marina, Don Miguel Apartments, Aparthotel Galeón and Hotel Son Sant Jordi.

see full article (and picture) on the MDB website
Sharonh, Rosie34, Roy&Myra and 2 others like this.
Old 27-11-2020, 16:23

https://www.majorcadailybulletin.com...nsa-hotel.html

Quote:
Pollensa town hall has given the go-ahead for redevelopment work at the Hotel Formentor. A licence for the work, which will need to be undertaken within two years, was requested by the future purchasers of the hotel, believed to be the Canadian Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts.

The planned investment in redevelopment is 20 million euros, and under the agreement the town hall will ensure the free transfer of roads and adjacent green areas to the property's owner.

Old 03-12-2020, 12:31

https://www.majorcadailybulletin.com...at-tunnel.html

Quote:
After years of wrangling, lights have finally been installed in the Fumat tunnel in Formentor, the only one in Mallorca that was still dark.

Low-consumption LED luminaires were used to save energy,...

see full article and picture on the MDB website
Old 15-12-2020, 15:58

https://www.majorcadailybulletin.com...riendline.html

Quote:
A new telephone friendship service for older English-speaking people in Spain

What is Friendline?
Today, Age in Spain is launching Friendline a new, free telephone friendship service to connect older people living in Spain with volunteers, through a weekly phone call with someone with similar interests.

Get involved
If you are an older person living in Spain and you are interested in receiving
Friendline calls, ... (see contact details in the MDB article)

Age in Spain would also love to hear from anyone interested in working as a
volunteer on Friendline.

You can also refer a family member or friend living in Spain to Friendline if you think they would appreciate a regular call.
see full article (with contact details) on the MDB website
Sparky, Bekki and kazzergardner like this.
Closed Thread