Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Miscellaneous (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/)
-   -   Puertopollensa.com - New Owners (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/14148-puertopollensa-com-new-owners.html)

pollensa 01-03-2019 18:46

Puertopollensa.com - New Owners

Dear all,

after running the website puertopollensa.com and the forum - admirably helped by Sparky of course - for nearly 18 years, I have now sold my company Holiday Webs Ltd and the websites to Russ and his wife Toni. They will introduce themselves shortly.

It's been a great business and I still visit PP regularly and will remain a member of the forum - it's very useful! - but it is time to move on.

All the very best and thank you all for supporting puertopollensa.com for so many years!

Zelda :):):)

PP76 01-03-2019 19:08

Thanks for setting up this wonderful site and best wishes for the future.

Jimbo the Jambo 01-03-2019 19:37

Zelda,

Thank you so much for your efforts over the years. You should be very proud of what you have achieved. I wish you all the best for the future.

Jim

Rosie34 01-03-2019 20:19

Thank you Zelda for setting all this up in the first place and for running it so well for so long and best wishes for the future:)x

PollensaRuss 01-03-2019 21:59

Hi Everyone,

I'm Russ and my wife and I are thrilled to be the new owners of Puertopollensa.com and very much look forward to engaging with you all and hopefully continuing the great work Zelda has done over the past 18 years.

Our love of Puerto Pollensa started a few years ago when I proposed to Toni by a tree (we call it the crocodile tree) on Pinewalk. Since then we have visited many times with both friends and family and have loved every second.

Last June we were lucky enough to get married in the church in the square which was an amazing experience and then in December, after looking for a couple of years we finally bought a house just off Pine walk - with the long term goal of moving out permanently with our 7 year old daughter Lily and making a life for ourselves in Mallorca.

For us, buying the website made perfect sense as it is a subject that we are passionate about and we thought it would be a great way to meet new people when we make the move.

Plans wise, it is still very early days - but we hope that mostly the forum will stay the same and continue to be a great place for everyone to visit. Please bear with us as we are new and will no doubt make mistakes but we will try to take advice where possible and listen to your suggestions.

It's a big step for us and will be an adventure but we are definitely looking forward to the challenge!

If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask - we'd love to get to know you all.

Finally, can I say a big thank you for Zelda for choosing us to take over and for all the work she has put in into preparing the sale. We both really appreciate it.

Thanks for reading and our very best regards

Russ and Toni

pollensafan 02-03-2019 11:44

There's no need to make excuses my dear Zelda. There were easier ways to be rid of me other than selling up. :eek:

You could have just banned me or asked me to stop posting.:)

On a serious note (yes I can be on occasions). Thanks for setting up what turned into a Family for want of a better description. (including arguments:rolleyes:)

Can't even begin to calculate the thousands of hours this site must have saved people in obtaining answers to all sorts of problems.

All the best wishes for you as you go forward.

debz1 02-03-2019 13:03

Wishing you all the best for the future Zelda and thank you for all your efforts over the years :)

Disorderly 02-03-2019 15:27

Very best wishes, Zelda and thanks (to you and Lyn) for creating and developing such a useful and happy site. Welcome Russ and Toni.....I’m sure you’ll find lots of support from the Forum members if, as you say, things continue mostly unchanged. Wishing you an enjoyable challenge.

Lorenzo 02-03-2019 16:57

Yes, thanks very much to Zelda for creating such a wonderful website - and to Lyn for all of her help too.
And welcome to Russ and Toni in their new adventure!

copper 02-03-2019 20:06

Yes Thank you so much for all you did and to Sparky as well of course

We love PP and this site has definately improved our visits

I wish the new owners every success with their new venture and many happy holidays

KWUK2 03-03-2019 00:18

Thanks and best wishes to you Zelda. What you've created and enhanced over the past 18 years is superb. Many thanks also to Sparky.

Russ & Toni, you've got a very hard act to follow. But I'm sure your new venture will continue the success that's already been achieved. Very best wishes to you both.

Rockape 04-03-2019 10:35

Welcome Russ & Toni!

mike_dublin 04-03-2019 15:03

@ Zelda
Thank you for all the work creating and maintaining this brilliant site and the forum. All the very best for your future.

@ Russ and Toni
The very best of luck on your new ventures with the website and indeed the forum, as well as with your term goal of settling in Mallorca.

lollipop 04-03-2019 15:27

Best Wishes for the future Zelda and good luck to Russ and Toni as they take on this new venture.

Gp1602 04-03-2019 20:29

Must be quite sad passing on the baton for you so I wish you every happiness in your new adventures in life. I look forward to hearing more from Russ and Toni:)