Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Miscellaneous (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/)
-   -   So now that the Season is over ..... (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/14074-so-now-season-over.html)

scotslizzy 20-11-2018 11:17

So now that the Season is over .....

what is the verdict for how the season and went what can we lovers of PP expect for 2019?

For us visiting in Sept this year I was expecting to see tumbleweed on the Pine Walk but was pleasantly surprised at how busy the place was and as ever did book our fav restaurants in advance so no problems on that front.

Looking forward to 2019 I hope that there are a lot of apartments for rent as we did pay for a hotel this year.It was an eye watering amount for B&B. Absolutely no complaints about the standards in the hotel but so expensive.

Would love to read what others think about next year and the rental situation.

Scotslizzy

ChrisW 20-11-2018 17:29

Less rain in Feb, March, April and Oct :(

And no heatwave in July.

There, that should be easy to fix :)

Catwoman 22-11-2018 18:55

We were out at the beginning of September and pleasantly surprised how busy the Port was. But it was rather strange being the only occupants of a small block of apartments! Talking to our regular taxi driver, shopkeepers and restaurant owners we have got to know over the last 20 years , the general feeling was loss of business of about 30% on last year. All were worried about coping through the winter months. I fear that although the licence issue will be resolved for next year many owners do not want to pay and are selling up and visitors have found alternative destinations. A very sad business for everyone concerned.

Family Ordonez 24-11-2018 10:10

I now have a license and am open for business, it has been a long and very expensive process but am over the moon to be able to rent again. I know of many others who are just in the latter stages of applying so we should now see more apartments available to rent, also there are many advertised on HomeAway so all is well for people looking for private rentals for 2019 and more importantly the locals who rely on the trade

Hanser 24-11-2018 10:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotslizzy (Post 125216)
... what can we lovers of PP expect for 2019?

I predict that:

The Tourist Office's opening hours will be uncertain

Bony's will be made to reduce their tables

It will be too hot, too cold, too wet, too dry, too humid, too still and too windy but not on the same day

Toilet rolls will get even smaller

Local business owners will complain about a fall in trade but you'll struggle to get a table in most restaurants

A car will drive down the seafront when it's meant to be shut

Someone will cycle on the Pine Walk

After Brexit, travellers cheques will be accepted.

debz1 24-11-2018 13:00

Toilet rolls will get even smaller! :o

Made me laugh that!

scotslizzy 24-11-2018 17:08

love it !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hanser (Post 125252)
I predict that:

The Tourist Office's opening hours will be uncertain

Bony's will be made to reduce their tables

It will be too hot, too cold, too wet, too dry, too humid, too still and too windy but not on the same day

Toilet rolls will get even smaller

Local business owners will complain about a fall in trade but you'll struggle to get a table in most restaurants

A car will drive down the seafront when it's meant to be shut

Someone will cycle on the Pine Walk

After Brexit, travellers cheques will be accepted.

Just what I needed today !