Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

Like Tree32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-12-2014, 23:30

Default Other favoured members holiday destinations.....

Apologies, but I cannot think of where else to put this but we all know that PP is the greatest holiday destination in the world and I was wondering where else other members go to during the year.
On top of 2 weeks in June / July in PP, we head off to Gran Canaria every Feb for some cheap and cheerful winter sun and either PP or Lanzarote in September.
Anyone else wishing to share?
Sponsored Links
Old 30-12-2014, 00:01

Italian lakes or city breaks
glentobay likes this.
Old 30-12-2014, 10:11

For the second year running we are off to visit family in Canada again this summer. That's after a long weekend in PP in April. And more than likely another week in the port in October.....need to get it all booked
Old 30-12-2014, 10:50

We're with CD, city breaks fo us, we are lucky enough to have 3 or 4 weeks in the sun in PP, and would never go anywhere else now, so if we get away in spring we love visiting cities as there are so many beautiful places to see, in the last few years we have gone to Sevillle, Florence and Rome, might try Madrid next!
glentobay likes this.

On island time!!
Old 30-12-2014, 14:24

We don't like busy cities so in between the many Pollensa holidays we do a few UK weeks or long weekends.

1. Isle of Mull, Scotland. A special place to us as we where married in Tobermory ( while they where filming Balamory ) We usually rent a house at Treshnish farm as it is very remote and peaceful.

2. Bamburgh in Northumberland at any time of the year, just as good in the winter as Summer. Long quiet beaches and great for dog walking.
We rent a house at Ross farm cottages near Bamburgh or a house in Bamburgh called Greenleaf or Greentree. In between two pubs

3. Norfolk, most recently to Holme next the sea which is a small village with a pub The house was called Tide cottage.
Old 30-12-2014, 15:03

Default Cruising for us

We will be off the the Caribbean in Feb for our winter dose of sushine .

As well as cruising we like to have weekends away up the West Coast of Scotland for the scenery and fresh fish. Our fav ones at the moment are Pier House Hotel Port Appin and Kilcmab Lodge Strontion .Two very peacefull places and smashing hotels .

Scotslizzy
scouse mark likes this.
Old 30-12-2014, 17:53

Default Winter sun for us

Melloneras in Gran caneria, late nov or early dec if we can afford it, nice place very classy,and rui hotels a/i are amazing.But you dont get that warm fuzzy feeling that you get when you arrive in PP,there is know place like it,i have a tear in my eye when i arrive and lots more in my eye when i leave.Happy new year to all ,have a good one.
scotslizzy, CharlieV and Lovell like this.
Old 31-12-2014, 12:36

We are usually lucky enough to visit PP 2-3 times during the year, but I must confess that good sunny weather is a key factor which determines that our visits are usually between April and August.

We like to try different places and last year visited Malta for the first time in May, finishing our year off in Cyprus in October. Both offered the perfect weather we were looking for.

2015 kicks off with a week in Lanzarote, which has become a winter favourite, but we're already booked to return to PP in April and July - can't wait!

Happy New Year to one and all.

Duncan
ragdollabbi likes this.
Old 31-12-2014, 19:03

We like Moraira on the Costa Blanca and Nerja on the Costa del Sol, we also enjoy an eclectic mix of destinations. At Easter we fly to Seville for Santa Semana week and to hopefully walk in the Grazalema and Ronda area, we then fly on to Marrakech for 3 nights, our third visit, seems odd we like Marrakech and Pollensa as they are so very different but we've always had a great time there, its great to experience such a different culture, we love the Riads although 3 days is enough. In the summer its a villa in a Turkish village called Uzumlu, quiet and authentic and last but not least October half term in Pollensa. This will be our last year of multiple holidays for a long while as kids coming up to uni years. When we can only have one holiday a year we've already said it will
PP of course but until then we will travel whilst we still have our health to enjoy it.
Ps im writing this from a cottage near Port Isaac in Cornwall where we are spending New Year. I love Cornwall, just dragged 3 moaning teenagers on a very challenging part of the coast path, ha ha, being so near to home we can come here for days and short breaks. Happy New Year everyone xxx
scouse mark likes this.

Last edited by roig cat; 31-12-2014 at 19:11.
Old 01-01-2015, 16:13

Happy New Year everyone.We have booked our flights to PP for the year!April,June& September.We also are spending a 'big' Birthday in Barbados,leaving next week....can't wait.Rum punches on the beach here we come.We do try to have trips to escape the winter,Dubai is a favourite.I agree weekend breaks are great.We go regularly to the Isle of Wight,especially love long walks on the beach in winter followed by a traditional cosy pub with a fire,can't beat it!PP has a charm of its own,but have given up visiting in winter,far too damp& chilly.Despite the heating our Appartment is much more designed for the lovely warm weather,so looking forward to seeing it then😊.
Old 01-01-2015, 18:56

Christmas for us now is a small town on the Costa del Sol called Arroyo de la Miel
All Spanish Retaurants and Tapas bars and definately our cheapest holiday destination !
Lanzarote in spring then PP in June and have been going to Rhodes in September but PP again this year in September
Like Prague and Venice for Citybreaks Have over the years done lots of driving holidays through nearly every part of France and used to drive to the Costa Brava We do find their weather very unreliable though
Marrakesh is on our list for a visit soon too
Old 04-01-2015, 11:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws97sdg View Post
We're with CD, city breaks fo us, we are lucky enough to have 3 or 4 weeks in the sun in PP, and would never go anywhere else now, so if we get away in spring we love visiting cities as there are so many beautiful places to see, in the last few years we have gone to Sevillle, Florence and Rome, might try Madrid next!
Madrid is a stunning city.
Visited for my 40th and was lucky enough to take in a game at the Bernabau. What a stadium and atmosphere.
Some superb buildings and achitecture and history all over the city and some great restaurants in the Plaza Mayor.
sws97sdg, roig cat and scouse mark like this.
Old 04-01-2015, 11:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by scouse mark View Post
Melloneras in Gran caneria, late nov or early dec if we can afford it, nice place very classy,and rui hotels a/i are amazing.But you dont get that warm fuzzy feeling that you get when you arrive in PP,there is know place like it,i have a tear in my eye when i arrive and lots more in my eye when i leave.Happy new year to all ,have a good one.
Agree about the fuzzy feeling and the tear in the eye.
I dont tend to say much the first few hours after we get there. Just stand or sit with a grin like the Chesire cat feeling so happy
scouse mark likes this.
Old 04-01-2015, 20:13

Default We all appear to feel the same no matter where else

we go to .

PP just has that something magical about the place.
Whether it's the early morning stroll while most others are still asleep or sitting out on the balcony late at night with a wee drink after a great dinner the place just does it for me .

Cheers

Scotslizzy
Old 05-01-2015, 00:02

PP is the best as far as we are concerned! Having said that, Jersey in the summer can be pretty amazing - huge almost deserted sandy beaches - and on the UK mainland we love Suffolk (especially Southwold) - OK, it's rarely what you would call warm, but it has great beaches, and a pier, and a quintessentially English small town. And - some of the best beach holidays we have had have been in Eire - the Cork coastline is something else! But again, take your waterproofs and your woolly jumper…..
pollensafan, roig cat and Tangoman like this.